**DRAFT TALK THREAD**

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxpatscelts25. Show soxpatscelts25's posts

Re: **DRAFT TALK THREAD**

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to soxpatscelts25's comment:

[QUOTE]

Harris:

"Extremely polished, well-rounded player for a college sophomore ... Very active hands. Averaged 1.3 SPG last season ... Extremely versatile offensive player who can shoot and drive effectively, shows some combo skills ... Harris hit the weights during his freshman year and now has a muscular frame for shooting guard, making him hard to stop in the lane ... It also makes him a good rebounder for a guard ... Harris is a good shot creator who can accelerate past defenders and finish at the rim ... Very effective off the catch-and-shoot ... Very good perimeter defender thanks to his lateral quickness, long arms, and instincts. Does a lot of little things on the defensive end ... Excellent transition player who takes the ball to the hoop with force and aggression ... Has a good burst, with explosive foot speed off the dribble ... Great athlete and a very smooth and fluid player on the court ... Deadly three-point shooter who will likely continue to improve as a shooter as he ages ... Shot 41% from distance last season ... Very hard worker...Good attitude. Won't create any negative chemistry issues for his team ... Solid length with a 6'6.5 wingspan, helping to make up for his lack of great height ... Young for his class, Harris does not turn 19 until September, which gives him even more upside ..."

I could see him being a lot like AB but a little better creating his own shot. I would be happy with harris and signing hayward

[/QUOTE]

Gordon Hayward at 12m per year?

[/QUOTE]

True...idk man. I know avery is a GREAT on ball defender but i feel like Sg's who score 12-14 points are a dime-a-dozen

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[/QUOTE]

I think AB will be re-signed for 7.5m per year.

[/QUOTE]

jeez 7.5 a year? is he really worth that? idk

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

True...idk man. I know avery is a GREAT on ball defender but i feel like Sg's who score 12-14 points are a dime-a-dozen

[/QUOTE]

ding ding ding winner^ +1

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Agree - Charlotte has 2 picks in the first round and may covet a player in the 5 to 7 range. DA might consider a two picks for one pick trade if he feels other players he covets will be available. 

Example - if the C's pick at 6 and the next best player available is M. Smart - and a team like Charlotte wants him - I attempt to make a trade!

I would take Smart at 4 if he was there

[/QUOTE]

I would pass on Smart, trade down, and draft T. Ennis! T. Ennis reminds me of Deron Williams at times!

It will be interesting to watch DA work the next several months! 

[/QUOTE]
    It's not easy to trade down unless you're dealing with the team right behind you. Other teams could end up drafting the player you want and hold you hostage.  I dont see Danny being able to pull it off. He will draft the best player possible at the position we end up in. 

Also, are t the Charlotte picks protected so they arent going to be top 10. We need a star. dropping down out of the top ten isn't very likely going to get us one.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxpatscelts25. Show soxpatscelts25's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

ding ding ding winner^ +1

[/QUOTE]

Nothing against your opinion fiercy but i would rather Draft harris if we can and resign bayless. Save the money and hopefully resign Hump for cheap, Trade bass, green, and hopefully wallace, and somehow get asik.

Bos gets Asik, Sessions, 

Houston gets Bass, Kidd Gilchrist

Charlotte gets Jeff Green, Pressey

Maybe something like that?

Sessions is an expiring, we get a solid center

Houston gets solid backup in bass, and a young talented kidd Gilchrist

Charlotte replaces Kidd-G with Green, and gets a nice little back up PG 

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxpatscelts25. Show soxpatscelts25's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Nothing against your opinion fiercy but i would rather Draft harris if we can and resign bayless. Save the money and hopefully resign Hump for cheap, Trade bass, green, and hopefully wallace, and somehow get asik.

Bos gets Asik, Sessions, 

Houston gets Bass, Kidd Gilchrist

Charlotte gets Jeff Green, Pressey

Maybe something like that?

Sessions is an expiring, we get a solid center

Houston gets solid backup in bass, and a young talented kidd Gilchrist

Charlotte replaces Kidd-G with Green, and gets a nice little back up PG 

[/QUOTE]

I think we can keep AB and draft Gary Harris.

I'd rather have AB and Harris than Harris and Bayless.

Bayless is just a waste of time and he will ask for more than just the vet's minimum.

I don't think Hump will settle for cheap.

Hump turns 29 this month.

His next contract could be his last chance to get a big pay day.

[/QUOTE]

Nothing on the trade? of course its just an idea.

And I would definitely rather have AB and Harris but that couple million we spend on AB could make a difference when it comes to signing a stud in 2015. and you are right about hump. I just enjoy watching him play

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Agree - Charlotte has 2 picks in the first round and may covet a player in the 5 to 7 range. DA might consider a two picks for one pick trade if he feels other players he covets will be available. 

Example - if the C's pick at 6 and the next best player available is M. Smart - and a team like Charlotte wants him - I attempt to make a trade!

[/QUOTE]

I would take Smart at 4 if he was there

[/QUOTE]

I would pass on Smart, trade down, and draft T. Ennis! T. Ennis reminds me of Deron Williams at times!

It will be interesting to watch DA work the next several months! 

[/QUOTE]
    It's not easy to trade down unless you're dealing with the team right behind you. Other teams could end up drafting the player you want and hold you hostage.  I dont see Danny being able to pull it off. He will draft the best player possible at the position we end up in. 

Also, are t the Charlotte picks protected so they arent going to be top 10. We need a star. dropping down out of the top ten isn't very likely going to get us one.

[/QUOTE]

Agree - it is not easy - but - if the players that DA covets are gone, he might try to swing a deal to move down! 

This years draft will be loaded with prospects! I dont see an immediate star, or impact player, in the draft! All these guys will need time to develop!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Sources close to the Kansas program believe that Embiid himself may prefer to stay in school, but the opportunity may be too great for him to pass up (which, in turn, could open things up for Myles Turner to pick Kansas).ZagsBlog.com

Rumors tagsDraftNCAAJoel Embiid  Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSubscribe to HoopsHype rumors

Adam Zagoria: Joel Embiid leaning towards coming back to school, @GoodmanESPN reporting Twitter

Rumors tagsDraftNCAAJoel Embiid  Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSubscribe to HoopsHype rumors

- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.XwFaFfz3.dpuf

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

Right now I would pick Gary Harris, with the 4th or 5th pick, over Marcus Smart.

Leadership, that's the only thing that stands out from Marcus Smart.

I don't think that's enough to succeed in the NBA.

[/QUOTE]

now thats a bold statement

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxpatscelts25. Show soxpatscelts25's posts

If embiid stays at kansas, do you think thats changes a lot in terms of the way teams pick? like could we trade UP and draft parker?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I don't think Embiid will stay at Kansas............but the only good things about it would be:

we'd have a shot at him next year

the lakers won't!!

ha ha

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Anyone know how young Mr. Walker did last night?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Anyone know how young Mr. Walker did last night?

[/QUOTE]

I recorded it last night. I'll watch it later today. Buddy of mine told me he had 2 blocks in 3 minutes. But that's all I heard. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Walker didnt play much but look smooth out there. real long and athletic guy. didnt see him shoot much yet so can give a full call on him

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxpatscelts25. Show soxpatscelts25's posts

BIIIIG game for the C's tonight. Gotta lose to the bad teams if we want a great pick in the draft. It feels so weird rooting for them to lose. At the same time I am rooting for certain players to play very well (sully, humphries, Chris Johnson, a few more). 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

Watched Walker's first game last night. Did not play much. He was really effective on the defensive side. He covers a lot of ground. Offensively he looked nervous. Called for the alley oop every 3 seconds. Wanted the ball, but didn't assert himself. They found him a couple of times. Would have liked to see more.

Second round pick on Florida to keep an eye on: Casey Prather. 6'6" athletic 2-guard. Currently 63% from the field, but only a smidge above 30% from 3. Worth a look. 

Sections
Shortcuts