**DRAFT TALK THREAD**

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Re: **DRAFT TALK THREAD**

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

also, I may be coming around on McDermontt.. If he slipped to our second 1st, I would love the pick

[/QUOTE]

if he fell to our 2nd 1st round pick...i would love it...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Embiid already having back issues, out 2 weeks for sure.

pass.

gimme jabari or wiggins now

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

So he might do a free fall ala Sully...

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

alotta guys way overrated on there IMO...

6,10,12,15 all not where they should be.

and Jabari is better than Embiid

but where's smart? not even there? kinda crazy

julius randle? cmon man

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

I remember reading that embiid might stay in school one more year...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Draft Parker and McDermott and ill be very very very happy. Parker is the best player coming out of college this year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Dammm...  I want this McDermott kid.  He can play.  No way he falls low enough for us to get him with our 2nd pick.  He sure can fill it up.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

I don't think McDermott's game will translate to the NBA.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to BiggerThanMyBrady's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tyler Ennis continues to do ridiculous things. Flat out winner. If you believe in the "clutch" gene, kid definitely has it. 

From ESPN:

"But that’s what Ennis has done all season. According to ESPN Stats and Info — and these are crazy numbers, so it’s probably best to be seated — in one-possession games in the final five minutes of regulation and overtime games this season, Ennis is 8-of-9 from the field and 14-of-14 from the free throw line with six assists and zero turnovers. On “game-tying or go-ahead plays,” he is 4-of-4 from the field and 8-of-8 from the line. Against Duke, he made the free throws that would have sealed the game in regulation, before Rasheed Sulaimon’s buzzer-beating 3. In overtime of that game, he went 4-of-4 from the stripe."

Keep him in the convo for a 1st round selection

[/QUOTE]

Ennis' shooting has been meh. That, and he's not a true freshman. (b. 1994)

I like him, but only if he's around for the Cs 2nd pick.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

It's amazing that Exum rises without anyone seeing him play.  Sidd Finch anyone?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Anyone think Walker is worth a shot with our second first round pick?

[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah!

Yes, he's played only 55 minutes this season, but that's the only reason he would still be available. He's 6'10" 220lbs. He can rebound and defend and he's a true freshman (b 12/22/94).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to painter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's amazing that Exum rises without anyone seeing him play.  Sidd Finch anyone?

[/QUOTE]

Exum has all the skills and altheticism to be an elite defender and penetrator. He's played well at the U19 level. It's his perimeter shooting that scares me.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to CubanPete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Exum has all the skills and altheticism to be an elite defender and penetrator. He's played well at the U19 level. It's his perimeter shooting that scares me.

[/QUOTE]
    Yeah but can he dunk from beyond the 3 point line and consistenly hit 50% from half court? 

Laughing

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He rises because talent evaluators, who have seen him play, give him incredibly high marks.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from anguskahn. Show anguskahn's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

1. Embiid, keeps impressing as time goes on. Freak athlete

2. Parker, great scorer and a good rebounder like someone stated in another thread, reminds me of Pierce a little. not too fast but gets it done

3. Wiggins, doesn't seem to take over games as much as he should but when he does get hot, look out. its all about effort with him

4. Randle, Zach Randolph 2.0? i think possibly to yes. he's a bull and meant that in a good way. he's effective

5. Exum, great athlete and big for a PG. dont know much about him seen little tape but seems like could be a star or even bust. can be a scorer or ballhandler, versatile

6. Smart, yes inconsistent $hooter but has great fire and intensity which I like and he is a bull and can get to the line anytime. good defender as well.

7. Hood, good size and attacker. left open can hit a $hot. will be a good NBA SF.

8. Vonleh, raw talent but good athlete. good defender and bounder. he's a homeless man's Embiid imo

9. Selden, probably higher than most people have him but I like the kid. he can flat out score and make plays. he's smooth to me as well.

10. Ennis, MCW 2.0? I say, better. He can $hoot better than MCW and can handle pressure

11. Gordon

12. Cauley-Stein

13. Payne

14. McDermontt

15. Harris

[/QUOTE]

GREAT LIST !

I SAY AINGE ENDS UP WITH 2 OF THE TOP 10 PLAYERS.....

[/QUOTE]

You are sleeping on Aaron Gordon.  He will not be a 25pt per game scorer but my god he does everything so well.  Did you see his block against Colorado?  unreal. 

http://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketball/2014/3/14/5511062/pac-12-tournament-2014-aaron-gordon-blocks-xavier-johnson

Guys like AG win championships.  You in dire need of a rebound?  AG will get it.  Must get a D stop?  AG will smother them.  Loose ball?  AG is first one on the floor.  He is unbeleivable.  I know the knock on his shooting...Every expert will tell you that his form is fine.   He just needs to work on it.  BTW he hits 75% on free throws in practice.  His free throw issues are 100% mental.

Keep this in mind...By todays deadline dates, Aaron Gordon is still a senior in high school.  He is extremely young.  He is 18 months younger than Joel Embiid, 13 months younger than Ennis, 10 months younger than Randle, 7 months younger than Wiggins, and 6 months younger than Parker.  AG doesnt even turn 19 until September 15 this year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I hadn't seen Creighton's McDermott mentioned a lot until recently when he scored 35 the other night in the Garden. He is the leading scorer. I think if available he is worth a pick albeit a gamble his game will translate to the NBA. I haven't read all the previous posts but had Syracuse's C.J. Fair been mentioned.  

As opposed to some more desirable draft choices it seems who are freshmen, these 2 are seniors and do have 4 years of college experience so their stats and performances are more reliable to me, I think, and they could be undervalued sleepers in the draft.

I'd prefer both to start next year at the F instead of Wallace, Bass & Green.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

JABARI PARKER. I LOVE HIM. GIMME HIM.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to celticelmo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

now that is badazz!

sweet cover.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

alotta guys way overrated on there IMO...

6,10,12,15 all not where they should be.

and Jabari is better than Embiid

but where's smart? not even there? kinda crazy

julius randle? cmon man

[/QUOTE]

you mean the two biggest busts in the draft? don't need'em don't want'em. 

[/QUOTE]

that is hogwash...smart and randle are bust? your list is a bust.

and for vonleh if we draft him i'm going to be pissed..the guy will need lot's of time in the D-league..we need players who can play now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to celticelmo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

now that is badazz!

sweet cover.

[/QUOTE]

Yes!!! If the C's get stuck with Pick #4,5,6 or 7, this is the kid I would love to see as the pick. It would mean the end of Jeff Green at Small Forward. Honestly, watching DMcD play, he is ALWAYS in motion kind of like Hondo used to do. He probably moves faster and with more effort duing Timeouts than Uncle Jeff does during live action.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts