**DRAFT TALK THREAD**

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Re: **DRAFT TALK THREAD**

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Where do you guys have Anderson of UCLA and the Greek Freak, part deux??

[/QUOTE]

I'm a huge Anderson fan.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

I'm not as high on Embiid as alot of people on this board.  Saw a comment by someone calling him the next Shaq.  Gimme a break.  He's nowhere close to Shaq.  In my opinion, he's closer to Andre Drummond, which is pretty darn good.  Be prepared to wait a few years if we draft Embiid.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm not as high on Embiid as alot of people on this board.  Saw a comment by someone calling him the next Shaq.  Gimme a break.  He's nowhere close to Shaq.  In my opinion, he's closer to Andre Drummond, which is pretty darn good.  Be prepared to wait a few years if we draft Embiid.

[/QUOTE]

no way he's a  Shaq... Drummond is a great comparison and we are all ready to wait a few years. just find the great right player so we can build.

Embiid is more ready than DRummond was imo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Definitely embiid at #1, but Id take Exum over Wiggins all day.  6,6 at the PG spot.  He is athletic and sees the floor.  At that size, if he hustles on Defense he'll be good, and the upside is really high with him.

Wiggins won't be as good as Green is, he'll be a poor man's Green where you see flashes but it's every third game.  I don't think his bball IQ is high enough, yet I'm not watching any of them that close.  Just think Wiggins is fools gold.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to passfirst's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Definitely embiid at #1, but Id take Exum over Wiggins all day.  6,6 at the PG spot.  He is athletic and sees the floor.  At that size, if he hustles on Defense he'll be good, and the upside is really high with him.

Wiggins won't be as good as Green is, he'll be a poor man's Green where you see flashes but it's every third game.  I don't think his bball IQ is high enough, yet I'm not watching any of them that close.  Just think Wiggins is fools gold.

[/QUOTE]

I kind of agree with you on Wiggins.  Does seem to have a little Jeff Now-you-see-it-now-you-don't Green.  I'd take Smart over Wiggins.  I'd love it if we could walk away with either Embiid, Parker, Randle, Smart and snag Kyle Anderson with our second pick in the first round.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to passfirst's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Wiggins reminds me of Green, which isnt a good thing. all the talent is there to be great but the effort and want to be great doesnt seem to be there.

i love marcus smart. he brings intensity and fire and is a bull. he can develop a $hot! hey, its not as close as bad as Rondo!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Jalen Rose legit just said: Marcus Smart not playing like an All-American today didnt hit a 3... his stat line was 15 6 7..... cmon jalen

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

If we trade Green or Bass for Asik, we won't need to worry about "whether or not" Embiid will be a great player.

He is going to go #1, IMO.....regardless.  Unless TOR gets the #1 pick...lol.

Some here were comparing Embiid to Hakeem.  Ah, not quite........

And, for the record, I'm perfectly okay with drafting Embiid.  It is my opinion, however, that if we move, say, Green for Asik, then we will have a proven C...limited, but proven.  That opens the door for DA to draft a stud scorer like Parker.

I'm torn - so what do you guys think?  Knowing we will suck again next year, do we want:

Rondo, Bradley, Green, Sully and Embiid.....or Rondo, Bradley, Parker, Sully and Asik......???  (Assuming, of course, we keep Rondo and Bradley.  Everyone on here knows I want Hayward!)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Where do you guys have Anderson of UCLA and the Greek Freak, part deux??

By the way, how is shabazz doing???

I reeally liked Anderson last year with Shabazz and J. Adams. I haven't got to see too much of UCLA this year but seen some of him and I'd say late round 1 probably early round 2. Maybe moves up if he can lead UCLA far

[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]

If we trade Green or Bass for Asik, we won't need to worry about "whether or not" Embiid will be a great player.

And, for the record, I'm perfectly okay with drafting Embiid.  It is my opinion, however, that if we move, say, Green for Asik, then we will have a proven C...limited, but proven.  That opens the door for DA to draft a stud scorer like Parker.

I'm torn - so what do you guys think?  Knowing we will suck again next year, do we want:

Rondo, Bradley, Green, Sully and Embiid.....or Rondo, Bradley, Parker, Sully and Asik......???  (Assuming, of course, we keep Rondo and Bradley.  Everyone on here knows I want Hayward!)

[/QUOTE]

I don't see rondo/green sticking around for a total rebuild,voluntarily or not...

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I think Embid looks the best. He may not turn things around right away but,he has all the skills that can't be taught, his foot work,timing and all around length are pretty awesome. Randle,Wiggins,West might be ready to contribute a little bit more right away but Embid has some awesome natural skills that could make him a great, not just good player. I haven't seen Exum.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh jeez, I almost fell over backwards when people here compared Embiid to Olajuwon.  That's even worse then the guy who called him the next Shaq.  I would say Olajuwon is in the top 3 centers of all time.  His game was the total package.  Again, I'm not s***ting on Embiid.  I would be thrilled if the Celtics end up with him, but he will be a project.  I hope people understand that.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

34,it says draft talk. Why don't you go through the last 5 months of posts and make a comment or nit pick about something else. If you want to give me c rap about being an actual fan and not an obsessed lonely nit picker going on their 3rd screen becaused they've been banned/dumped numerous times wanna be Stephan A Smith, fine .  Speaking of 40s, 45 posts a day everyday and that's not even counting possible psuedo names that you may have created. BWHAHAHAHA so is it a chair or an ankle bracelet?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

great thread already hijacked and draft is months away

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

yep Eldunker that's why I said he may be lower than his talent actually is. this is a loaded draft with more talent rising than falling and the SF position is stacked

[/QUOTE]

This is the best draft that I have ever seen.  I think Danny is downplaying it to get more picks, which he will.  There will be some serious talent (especially at SF) in the second round.  I'de like to see us with 3 firsts and 1 second rounder.   Phoenix is sitting on 7 picks and can't use them all!!    

[/QUOTE]

OK I'm or we're all ears on how DA will do this?  I agree with you assessment on talent beyond the lottery picks.  One thing for sure is Celtic fans just don't understand this. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to fbombfury's comment:
    [QUOTE]

OK I'm or we're all ears on how DA will do this?  I agree with you assessment on talent beyond the lottery picks.  One thing for sure is Celtic fans just don't understand this. 

[/QUOTE]

at this point its not really how... we should just sit back and let Mr. Trade himself do his work. If there's one thing DA can do in this world, its trade. He's great. he will find a way, somehow, someway to get picks for us in this draft

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

http://lifeondumars.com/2014/02/01/2014-mock-draft-version-2-0/

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

rough day for Glenn Rob III and Nik Staukus as Michigan falls.

still like both coming into the pros. Robinson could become an above average player & I could see Staukus being a very good role player for someone.

Noah Vonleh had a solid day with 10 & 12 for Indiana as he continues to impress me.

Kyle Anderson, who has been addressed on here, had a very good day to me with 18 & 9 but also struggled from the line which scares me but overall he impressed today

Sections
Shortcuts