**DRAFT TALK THREAD**

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Re: **DRAFT TALK THREAD**

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

rough day for Glenn Rob III and Nik Staukus as Michigan falls.

still like both coming into the pros. Robinson could become an above average player & I could see Staukus being a very good role player for someone.

Noah Vonleh had a solid day with 10 & 12 for Indiana as he continues to impress me.

Kyle Anderson, who has been addressed on here, had a very good day to me with 18 & 9 but also struggled from the line which scares me but overall he impressed today

[/QUOTE]

man..i'd love for robinson to fall to our 2nd 1st round pick...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

man..i'd love for robinson to fall to our 2nd 1st round pick...

[/QUOTE]

agree kid is a freak athlete and can play ball. he can become even better under NBA programs i think. would love it

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

yep Eldunker that's why I said he may be lower than his talent actually is. this is a loaded draft with more talent rising than falling and the SF position is stacked

[/QUOTE]

This is the best draft that I have ever seen.  I think Danny is downplaying it to get more picks, which he will.  There will be some serious talent (especially at SF) in the second round.  I'de like to see us with 3 firsts and 1 second rounder.   Phoenix is sitting on 7 picks and can't use them all!!    

[/QUOTE]
    D,ont forgete folks,this is gone be coach Stevens draft.He will pick the playes that fit in his system.He likes people who plays hars,shoots 3,s and defend.The Celtics under coach Stevens,will be a team like Phoenix.No big stars,but a good team.2-3 year from now they will be big times contenders.Go celtics.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxpatscelts25. Show soxpatscelts25's posts

It seems like everyone agrees that Embid and Parker are the top two players in the draft. That being said, if we get pick 3-8 and those two arent on the board, should we trade down? or should we take the risk of drafting wiggins/exum/whoever else? This draft seems super deep and I think we could use that to our advantage if Parker and embid are not on the board. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

If PArker and Embiid are gone my next option would be smart but not third. so if DA knows what each team wants and can trade down into like the 5-6 to get Smart he should do it

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

[QUOTE]

If PArker and Embiid are gone my next option would be smart but not third. so if DA knows what each team wants and can trade down into like the 5-6 to get Smart he should do it

[/QUOTE]

Wow?!  So if we're picking 3rd, and Wiggins is available, you'd like to see DA trade down?  Of course, for the right price, anyone can be traded.  But I'm pretty sure the C's would happily accept Wiggins with their third pick.  Afterall, he's a much better defender than Parker.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

Jerami Grant is trending up. Starting to fall for his athleticism. Guy has ridiculous measurables, really athletic, rebounds strong, and I think he can choot (went 10-10 from FT against Duke along with his first 3 of the year even though ESPN doesn't give him credit for it). 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KillaCam2010. Show KillaCam2010's posts

A guy I like with the second pick is P.J. Hairston. Kid is a 6'5" sg that can shoot the lights out. He isn't even a projected first round pick because of his off the field problems, which I don't think will affect his NBA play.  He is currently tearing up the d-league (small sample size though) and I think he is a lottery talent that can be picked up later in the first round.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxpatscelts25. Show soxpatscelts25's posts

If Embiid and Parker and maybe even wiggins are off the board, I think DA should trade down. If any of those three are on the board, I think I would take them. For a project, with our second pick, I would like Willie Caulie Stein. He is a rim protector and has potential to be a very good defensive center. He has struggled this year but he is still young. I also wouldnt mind Wayne Seldon.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to soxpatscelts25's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Embiid and Parker and maybe even wiggins are off the board, I think DA should trade down. If any of those three are on the board, I think I would take them. For a project, with our second pick, I would like Willie Caulie Stein. He is a rim protector and has potential to be a very good defensive center. He has struggled this year but he is still young. I also wouldnt mind Wayne Seldon.

[/QUOTE]

Bingo! Charlotte has extra picks and might be coveting a player at 4 - 6!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to soxpatscelts25's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Trading down is easier said then done unless you're dealing with the team directly behind you.  If we are 6 or worse I cn see it. If top 5 then he's taking the best player available. Even if it's a point guard or power forward.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to MitchUnderpants' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wow?!  So if we're picking 3rd, and Wiggins is available, you'd like to see DA trade down?  Of course, for the right price, anyone can be traded.  But I'm pretty sure the C's would happily accept Wiggins with their third pick.  Afterall, he's a much better defender than Parker.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, why get another Jeff Green looking pplayer wen maybe we could add picks in a DEEP draft and take a 2-guard in the the 5-10 window? I wouldnt mind it. Wiggins seriously is reminding me of Jeff Green

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The only risk of ending up with Marcus Smart is there's a chance he becomes the next Larry Hughes.

Smart doesn't do anything particularly well.

I mean he's good in almost everything, but he's not great at any one thing.

[/QUOTE]

yep very true. he's a bigger risk but if he can make the 'jump' he can be VERY good imo

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

if anyone does brackets, i think ISU and OKST may go deep. both good teams.

Le'Bryan Nash impressed me big time. great post moves by him all night. very good body control and footwork down in the post

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

[/QUOTE]

I really like Parker the more I see him....you can tell he's been well coached prior to college and is a good , steady kid, a good head on his shoulders...his talent is undeniable...he could take over games if that's what was needed....he shows flashes of overwhelming athleticism and basketball IQ...he's still getting bigger and will play at @ 240-250 when all is said and done...I'd be extremely happy if we somehow grabbed him.

[/QUOTE]

Last weekend was a good look at Parker and Wiggins. Parker was aggressive but played in Coach K's offense. He was the victim of suspect officiating, as was the Duke team in general.  Wiggins looked lost and out of place coverning much smaller guards. He didn't position himself well so no one was afraid to go by him. Embiid was pushed around by Ridley so he obviously needs to bulk up a bit - if he can. Parker has an NBA body, Wiggins has a high school body.  I certainly can't predict what either will do, but right now, Parker is the better and safer selection.  CJ Fair was dominant with Duke in foul trouble, but whether he could be effective in the NBA would depend on the style of his team's play.  He'd thrive in an uptempo system but might not have so much success in the half-court. He's also a well-coached senior, which may add to his stock.  This whole bias against kids who stay in school is absurd and many more would benefit from it. Having two or three years to develop physically and mentally is a plus not a minus. Marcus Smart can't just will his team to win, and now they've lost Corbin and Clark (for different reasons).  OSU is probably cooked for the year so Smart won't get the exposure he deserves. The draft looks deeper now than it did pre-season with the emergence of a number of players that weren't on the top 10 radar at the time.

The interesting draft day movements up and down the board will be highly entertaining. Players jumping ahead of other players is always thought provoking.  We've been talking about Paul Pierce for quite a while.  

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

If we don't draft Parker, I want Hood or WCS.

No projects, please.  Wiggins could be good, or could be Anthony Bennett.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

I have Wiggins over Parker and Embiid above both of those guys.

With the success of Giannis so far, I think more people will be inclined to take Dante Exum higher. Ford believe that Danny really liked Giannis, but ultimately settled with KO (which isn't a bad consolation prize) and couldn't pull the trigger. The success of MCW, and the consistent play of Livingston, makes Exum a hotter commidity. He has a lot of tools and I don't think he jumper is that bad. 

Aaron Gordon is rising as well. People compare him to Blake, and it's somewhat fair. Blake is two inches taller but the athleticism is similar. Gordon being two inches smaller hinders him in terms of what position defines him. Is he a 3 or a 4? Kind of between the two. But again, Blake carrying his team without Chris Paul is good for Gordon. Already has elite rebounding and defensive skills. Let's see how he does without Ashley (another really good defender and rebounder).

Noah Vonleh is climbing boards now that he is consistently hitting 3's. He works really hard, stretches the floor, collects rebounds, but needs to hit the gym. 

LaVine, Hood, Grant, Ennis are in the next tier for me. I don't consider the Celtics players for Randle. I think Sully is better, and will be better.

The Celtics need a wing and a big. That would be great, but I am a believer of taking the best player available. Gotta watch Chris Walker tonight, as he makes his debut for Florida. Could be another guy that jumps up. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

[QUOTE]

If we don't draft Parker, I want Hood or WCS.

No projects, please.  Wiggins could be good, or could be Anthony Bennett.

[/QUOTE]

I think Ainge has no choice but to draft Wiggins if Embiid and Parker are not available.

Andrew Wiggins has all the tools and is a freak athlete.

Imagine the backlash if Ainge passed up on Wiggins and he becomes an All-Star.

It would be like JR Giddens over DeAndre Jordan again.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe - but it wouldn't be like Giddens.  Wiggins could be Gerald Green for all we know.  Or, he could be Oladipo........

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Problem with Nash is he's only 6-7 and he's playing in the low post.

[/QUOTE]

yep but he can shoot outside as well. OkSt lost their best big eariler this year i think so he's down there now.

he is a good overall player imo. takes stupid shots at times as does the whole Okst team (forte smart and brown).

Sections
Shortcuts