**DRAFT TALK THREAD**

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

Re: **DRAFT TALK THREAD**

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

If we don't draft Parker, I want Hood or WCS.

No projects, please.  Wiggins could be good, or could be Anthony Bennett.

[/QUOTE]

I think Ainge has no choice but to draft Wiggins if Embiid and Parker are not available.

Andrew Wiggins has all the tools and is a freak athlete.

Imagine the backlash if Ainge passed up on Wiggins and he becomes an All-Star.

It would be like JR Giddens over DeAndre Jordan again.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe - but it wouldn't be like Giddens.  Wiggins could be Gerald Green for all we know.  Or, he could be Oladipo........

[/QUOTE]

Obviously the expectations for Wiggins are much higher than any of the other prospects.  Embiid sort of defaulted into the #1 pick discussion after Parker and Wiggins struggled through a $hooting slump.  But comparing Wiggins to Gerald Green, Giddens et al is rediculous.  His upside is still much higher than the rest of his draft class.  It's not just his athleticism, it's his defense too- which should ultimately separtate him from Parker.

Mark me down: I'm all for Wiggins right now.  And I've been one of his harshest critics.  I've watched every Kansas, Duke, OSU, Kentucky game so far.  And at the very least, I think he's the best fit for the C's (assuming Boston keeps Rondo).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to MitchUnderpants' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

If we don't draft Parker, I want Hood or WCS.

No projects, please.  Wiggins could be good, or could be Anthony Bennett.

[/QUOTE]

I think Ainge has no choice but to draft Wiggins if Embiid and Parker are not available.

Andrew Wiggins has all the tools and is a freak athlete.

Imagine the backlash if Ainge passed up on Wiggins and he becomes an All-Star.

It would be like JR Giddens over DeAndre Jordan again.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe - but it wouldn't be like Giddens.  Wiggins could be Gerald Green for all we know.  Or, he could be Oladipo........

[/QUOTE]

Obviously the expectations for Wiggins are much higher than any of the other prospects.  Embiid sort of defaulted into the #1 pick discussion after Parker and Wiggins struggled through a $hooting slump.  But comparing Wiggins to Gerald Green, Giddens et al is rediculous.  His upside is still much higher than the rest of his draft class.  It's not just his athleticism, it's his defense too- which should ultimately separtate him from Parker.

Mark me down: I'm all for Wiggins right now.  And I've been one of his harshest critics.  I've watched every Kansas, Duke, OSU, Kentucky game so far.  And at the very least, I think he's the best fit for the C's (assuming Boston keeps Rondo).

[/QUOTE]

Remember Danny Ainge gushing over the "freakish athleticism" of Gerald Green??  I didn't say he would be Gerald Green, I just said he could disappoint as the #3 pick in the draft.  I don't know that much about him, since I want Parker......or Embiid.  I hope he is better than Gerald Green, but being a great athlete doesn't  translate into star player in this league.  As for his defense?  Again, don't know much about him, but Bradley was known for that, as  Kidd-Gilchrist.  I don't want to wait that long for a kid to develop.  I'd rather have a guy who can score, and teach them defense than the other way around.     Just my personal preference, that's all.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I've seen alot of Kansas and Duke this year.

Wiggins doesn't have that IT factor to me. He's good sure, but he seems indifferent about things and doesnt get after it.

Parker seems to play hard and looks intense out there imo.

Wiggins reminds me too much of J Green. great talent but seems to step down in the big moment. Seldon is more consistent. Wiggins may have higher reward but the risk is certainly higher imo.

Parker could be PP 2.0

I've also seen alot of OkSt this year and think Marcus Smart can be legit. he is the best competitor out of all these guys. he cares most out of em all but doesnt have the talent of both but he is still very good and would love him at #5

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from postal5. Show postal5's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I've seen alot of Kansas and Duke this year.

Wiggins doesn't have that IT factor to me. He's good sure, but he seems indifferent about things and doesnt get after it.

Parker seems to play hard and looks intense out there imo.

Wiggins reminds me too much of J Green. great talent but seems to step down in the big moment. Seldon is more consistent. Wiggins may have higher reward but the risk is certainly higher imo.

Parker could be PP 2.0

I've also seen alot of OkSt this year and think Marcus Smart can be legit. he is the best competitor out of all these guys. he cares most out of em all but doesnt have the talent of both but he is still very good and would love him at #5

[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxpatscelts25. Show soxpatscelts25's posts

Interesting matchup between embiid and Isiah Austin from baylor on espn2

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to soxpatscelts25's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks soxpatscelts25 - I am tuning in now. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxpatscelts25. Show soxpatscelts25's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks soxpatscelts25 - I am tuning in now. 

[/QUOTE]

You got it. Not sure you guys saw on espn earlier, but Isiah Austin is completely blind in one eye

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxpatscelts25. Show soxpatscelts25's posts

Halftime in kentucky game: Randle 1 point 1 board. Poythress 4 pts 4 boards. Cauley-Stein 8 pts 3 boards

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxpatscelts25. Show soxpatscelts25's posts

Watching a little bit of Ohio state on ESPN. Aaron craft is a BALLER. Going to have a solid career in the NBA. Doesnt do anything special on offense (plays lock down D) but knows how to play. Kirk Hinrich type player. Would be a solid 2nd round pick for any team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Watching a little bit of Ohio state on ESPN. Aaron craft is a BALLER. Going to have a solid career in the NBA. Doesnt do anything special on offense (plays lock down D) but knows how to play. Kirk Hinrich type player. Would be a solid 2nd round pick for any team.

Craft isnt going to the NBA. Med school

he isnt even NBA material imo

and he is a bug on D but no offense at all almost, but like i said rumor is he is staying at OSU to go to med school, BBall done

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Wiggins again not too impressive. Embiid looking small and rattled.

Ohio St is overrated and not good.

also, Rico Gathers is awesome met him at a highschool tourney and got a pic with him two years back

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

If we do not get a top 1 to 4-pick in the 2014 draft, DA should trade down (with a team like Charlotte) and attempt to draft Vonleh, Ennis, and Stauskas!

They are not franchise players, but they would be good players to add to the core moving forward. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

If we do not get a top 1 to 4-pick in the 2014 draft, DA should trade down (with a team like Charlotte) and attempt to draft Vonleh, Ennis, and Stauskas!

They are not franchise players, but they would be good players to add to the core moving forward. 

[/QUOTE]

depending on what he gets for the trade down i somewhat i agree all depends on who we pass on and who we take and what we get...

you know?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

depending on what he gets for the trade down i somewhat i agree all depends on who we pass on and who we take and what we get...

you know?

[/QUOTE]

Agree - Charlotte has 2 picks in the first round and may covet a player in the 5 to 7 range. DA might consider a two picks for one pick trade if he feels other players he covets will be available. 

Example - if the C's pick at 6 and the next best player available is M. Smart - and a team like Charlotte wants him - I attempt to make a trade!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

Agree - Charlotte has 2 picks in the first round and may covet a player in the 5 to 7 range. DA might consider a two picks for one pick trade if he feels other players he covets will be available. 

Example - if the C's pick at 6 and the next best player available is M. Smart - and a team like Charlotte wants him - I attempt to make a trade!

[/QUOTE]

I would take Smart at 4 if he was there

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

People close to Embiid say hes most likely staying in school another year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would take Smart at 4 if he was there

[/QUOTE]

I would pass on Smart, trade down, and draft T. Ennis! T. Ennis reminds me of Deron Williams at times!

It will be interesting to watch DA work the next several months! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxpatscelts25. Show soxpatscelts25's posts

Craft isnt going to the NBA. Med school

he isnt even NBA material imo

and he is a bug on D but no offense at all almost, but like i said rumor is he is staying at OSU to go to med school, BBall done

[/QUOTE]

I had never heard that about craft. I know he isnt too talented but I respect guys who work and play as hard as he does every day. That is the way sports should be played

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxpatscelts25. Show soxpatscelts25's posts

Any thoughts on Gary Harris? I think he could quietly be one of the better players in the draft. If we dont Re-sign AB, we could trade down with charlotte if they covet a player that we dont (Randle), and I would be happy with Harris a #7-10. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

Any thoughts on Gary Harris? I think he could quietly be one of the better players in the draft. If we dont Re-sign AB, we could trade down with charlotte if they covet a player that we dont (Randle), and I would be happy with Harris a #7-10. 

[/QUOTE]

agreed if we get Harris in the 8-13 range it would be a good pickup imo

and back to Craft one of my friends is a huge OSU fan and said he read on their blog that he is doing med school. i wouldn't doubt it

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxpatscelts25. Show soxpatscelts25's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

agreed if we get Harris in the 8-13 range it would be a good pickup imo

and back to Craft one of my friends is a huge OSU fan and said he read on their blog that he is doing med school. i wouldn't doubt it

[/QUOTE]

Harris:

"Extremely polished, well-rounded player for a college sophomore ... Very active hands. Averaged 1.3 SPG last season ... Extremely versatile offensive player who can shoot and drive effectively, shows some combo skills ... Harris hit the weights during his freshman year and now has a muscular frame for shooting guard, making him hard to stop in the lane ... It also makes him a good rebounder for a guard ... Harris is a good shot creator who can accelerate past defenders and finish at the rim ... Very effective off the catch-and-shoot ... Very good perimeter defender thanks to his lateral quickness, long arms, and instincts. Does a lot of little things on the defensive end ... Excellent transition player who takes the ball to the hoop with force and aggression ... Has a good burst, with explosive foot speed off the dribble ... Great athlete and a very smooth and fluid player on the court ... Deadly three-point shooter who will likely continue to improve as a shooter as he ages ... Shot 41% from distance last season ... Very hard worker...Good attitude. Won't create any negative chemistry issues for his team ... Solid length with a 6'6.5 wingspan, helping to make up for his lack of great height ... Young for his class, Harris does not turn 19 until September, which gives him even more upside ..."

I could see him being a lot like AB but a little better creating his own shot. I would be happy with harris and signing hayward

Sections
Shortcuts