**DRAFT TALK THREAD**

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Re: **DRAFT TALK THREAD**

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

alotta guys way overrated on there IMO...

6,10,12,15 all not where they should be.

and Jabari is better than Embiid

but where's smart? not even there? kinda crazy

julius randle? cmon man

you mean the two biggest busts in the draft? don't need'em don't want'em. 

You don't thnk Randle is a first round pick.

Really.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Here's a name no one is talking about.

Bobby Portis, F Arkansas

He's a true freshman, good rebounder, high steal rate, can score. Most underrated player in the nation.

Doesn't get any press, but that will soon change. Good advanced numbers from a freshman forward don't go unnoticed by the scouts regardless of any lack of hype.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from anguskahn. Show anguskahn's posts

Ainge likes Aaron Gordon.  I can tell you for a fact that DA has been at numerous Arizona games this season.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2014/03/gordon-parker-wiggins.html

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to anguskahn's comment:

Ainge likes Aaron Gordon.  I can tell you for a fact that DA has been at numerous Arizona games this season.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2014/03/gordon-parker-wiggins.html

ugh. id rather have Vonleh

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

I watched Gordon play against UCLA last weekend. I was impressed. He's unselfish, plays great D, has good court vision, and can pass. His shooting numbers are terrible, FTs more so, but his shots have a nice arc to them, which tells me that he'll improve. If this kid can do that, he'll be up there with the rest of the elite prospects. He can definitely play the #3.

Aaron Gordon isn't a boobie prize. I would put him at 5th.

1. Embiid
    2. Wiggins
    3. Parker
    4. Vonleh
    5. Gordon

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Here's a thought...

I know, trade scenarios are like opinions and holes in the posterior. That said, here's mine...

Cs swap picks with the Pistons in exchange for Greg Monroe. If I were Ainge, I would consider this only if Monroe can be extended. The Pistons took Drummond as the best available player who was too good to pass up. Then Dumars got hit over the head with a stupid stick and signed Josh Smith to a FA contract. Now, they want to trade Monroe and move Smith to the #4. Monroe's a very good player who can defend and pass. He would fit right in at the #5 in Boston and the Cs can get a good pick in return, since the Pistons are tanking themselves. Since Centers are hard to come by and Monroe will only be 24 next season, I wouldn't mind seeing this happen.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from postal5. Show postal5's posts

Vonlah looks shaky to me.  Too small for center, too little skill for PF.  He will never be as good as Sully or Oly.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to celticelmo's comment:

In response to raider3524's comment:

now that is badazz!

sweet cover.

Yes!!! If the C's get stuck with Pick #4,5,6 or 7, this is the kid I would love to see as the pick. It would mean the end of Jeff Green at Small Forward. Honestly, watching DMcD play, he is ALWAYS in motion kind of like Hondo used to do. He probably moves faster and with more effort duing Timeouts than Uncle Jeff does during live action.

If we take McDermott at 4,5,6, or 7, I will jump off the Prudential building.  17?  Maybe, but certainly not any earlier.  He's horrible defensively and isn't great at creating his own shot.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

In response to raider3524's comment:

now that is badazz!

sweet cover.

Yes!!! If the C's get stuck with Pick #4,5,6 or 7, this is the kid I would love to see as the pick. It would mean the end of Jeff Green at Small Forward. Honestly, watching DMcD play, he is ALWAYS in motion kind of like Hondo used to do. He probably moves faster and with more effort duing Timeouts than Uncle Jeff does during live action.

If we take McDermott at 4,5,6, or 7, I will jump off the Prudential building.  17?  Maybe, but certainly not any earlier.  He's horrible defensively and isn't great at creating his own shot.

Here's hoping Kyle Anderson does not shine in the tournament - this guy fills up a stat sheet.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

Here's hoping Kyle Anderson does not shine in the tournament - this guy fills up a stat sheet.

yeah Anderson is a great talent who played on a disappointing UCLA team last season and this year he is avg. what ? 16, 6, 6? sounds about right. he has mad talent and if he fell to us at 17 i would be estatic. he can play the 1, 2 or 3

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from postal5. Show postal5's posts

Does anybody else see a little Reggie Lewis in TJ Warren?  TJ will be able to get his shot off in the NBA and should do well finishing on the break.  He is now in my top 10.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Shabazz Napier.

I've probably mentioned him before in this thread but taking him with the second 1st rounder would make me estatic!

Trey Burke 2.0

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

3/30/14 Top 20 Prospects:

1. Jabari Parker

2. Andrew Wiggins

3. Joel Embiid

4. Marcus Smart

5. Dante Exum

6. Julius Randle

7. Aaron Gordon

8. Gary Harris

9. Noah Vonleh

10. Adreian Payne

11. James Young

12. Andrew Harrison

13. Glen Robinson III

14. Nik Staukus

15. Kyle Anderson

16. Doug McDermontt

17. Jerami Grant

18. Rodney Hood

19. Cleanthony Early

20. Shabazz Napier

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to postal5's comment:

Does anybody else see a little Reggie Lewis in TJ Warren?  TJ will be able to get his shot off in the NBA and should do well finishing on the break.  He is now in my top 10.

not top 10 to me but certainly a first rounder

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:

1st pick top 8-

1. Jabari Parker

2. Dante Exum

3. Joel Embiid (#1 if he proves his health)

4. Andrew Wiggins

5. Noah Vonleh

6. Willie Cauley-Stein

7. Dario Saric

8. Cleanthony Early

2nd pick top 8-

1. Jusuf Nurkic

2. PJ Hairston

3. Nik Stauskas

4. James Young

5. Zach Lavine

6. Clint Capela

7. Andrew Harrison

8. Kyle Anderson

If the Cs take WCS with their first pick then that would set them back 3-4 more years in their rebuilding. He's got bust written all over him at this point. Lee and Dakari have shined in the NCAA tourney due to his injury. They hustle and are active on the offensive and defensive ends.  WCS needs at least another year in school. Otherwise give him Melo 2.0 award. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

Take a look at his season long stats and tell us that you want him to be a building block for the Cs. I don't see it.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/gamelog/_/id/61842/willie-cauley-stein

21. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts