Draft Vonleh at 6, then trade Sully to the Kings for pick 8

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Re: Draft Vonleh at 6, then trade Sully to the Kings for pick 8

I think we need shooters, athletic size and big energy players.  Sully and KO  will fit in most likely.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:

Sullinger had a .427 FG% and .269 3PT% last year. He has too many contested shots because he isn't athletic enough to play above the rim. Only 2 years left on his contract. Sell him while his stock is deceptively high and get a bigger, faster, younger, and more talented player on a 5 year rookie deal. 

then trade Rondo to LA for pick 7, a 2018 1st round swap option, and a 2019 unprotected 1st rounder.

rebuild around Vonleh, Smart, Gordon, Bradley, and Olynyk. 

Neither LA or any team is not going to give two first  rounders for Rondo. 

says who?

Says the other 28 teams in the league. LA Lakers are not going to give us 2 firsts for Rondo. They spent a wad on Nash and you saw where that got them. 

Teams with top picks don't need him and if they did they know Danny is bent over a barrel.  Rondo announcing he would test free agency dropped the value that Danny can get for him. 

Would you rather have a top 10 pick for him or two or three in the late 20s?  A top 10 at this stage is the best he will get. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

As for Sully's poor shooting this year. It was pretty evident that Brad let them all have free reign as far as shooting goes. Did any Celtic have a great shooting season where their percentage went up? For a while Sully was getting open, taking and making the 3s at higher than 30%. Towards the end it petered out. 

Once they are off the Tankapalooza bandwagon Brad will reign them in and their shooting will be better. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Sullinger had a .427 FG% and .269 3PT% last year. He has too many contested shots because he isn't athletic enough to play above the rim. Only 2 years left on his contract. Sell him while his stock is deceptively high and get a bigger, faster, younger, and more talented player on a 5 year rookie deal. 

then trade Rondo to LA for pick 7, a 2018 1st round swap option, and a 2019 unprotected 1st rounder.

rebuild around Vonleh, Smart, Gordon, Bradley, and Olynyk. 

Neither LA or any team is not going to give two first  rounders for Rondo. 

says who?

Says the other 28 teams in the league. LA Lakers are not going to give us 2 firsts for Rondo. They spent a wad on Nash and you saw where that got them. 

Teams with top picks don't need him and if they did they know Danny is bent over a barrel.  Rondo announcing he would test free agency dropped the value that Danny can get for him. 

Would you rather have a top 10 pick for him or two or three in the late 20s?  A top 10 at this stage is the best he will get. 

NOBODY gives us two first rounders for the Wee Devilman, NOBODY!!! Not going to happen. Keep Sully, get what you can before Wee Devilman walks, and gird yourselves for another tough year as a Celtics fan. As long as the rebuild continues and the youngsters progress I'll be very happy. Oh yes, and as long as we have guys who actually listen to this new coach. We need to find out if he's the real deal as well and you can't do that on a team lead by the Wee Devilman - unfortunately, he's got another birthday coming up and he cannot pull a single other headcase tantrum this season or he must go immediately.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Actually Sully's shooting suffered because he played with a broken bone in his shooting hand. he wore a cast on his hand for about two months. Sully isn't untouchable but we're not looking to dump him either. I was hoping Embid would slip like Sully did but that ain't going  to happen.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

I keep the proven commodity in Sully over the unknown in Vonleh at this point.

I think Sully is going to be better than Randle over his career anyhow.

Vonleh and Gordon are both still 18. I would be most comfortable seeing whoever we drafted of the two spend at least through the trade deadline in the D-league. If there are no fireworks this summer you'd have to assume this team returns Green/Wallace at SF, Sully/Bass at PF and Olynyk/Faverani at C. Once Bass is moved by the deadline Vonleh or Gordon can be promoted.

I definitely take one of those two guys 6th.

If the Lakers or Kings (less likely to be Sacramento) wants to trade us pick #7 or #8 for Rondo so we can take Smart I would be down with that. But not for Sully.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Count me in for that, as well.  But, who does SAC have that we would want?  Isn't Gay the only highly paid player on that team?  Thomas makes peanuts, right?

I suppose we could take Williams and Thomas, then not offer Williams his QO or try to move him.......

Love the trade to the lakers, but I don't like Marshall.......Smart could be better.  Re-sign Bayless, draft Vonleh, Smart and LaVine.  Keep AB or let him walk.  I like Smart, Pressey, Bayless and LaVine....for now.

And if we draft Gordon?  Green for Asik is still viable.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

Take a look at Larry Birds career 3 point stats some time for his second through fifth year in the league. All under 30%.  

I'd still want him shooting the ball at the end of any game though. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts