Draft Vonleh at 6, then trade Sully to the Kings for pick 8

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Draft Vonleh at 6, then trade Sully to the Kings for pick 8

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rameakap's comment:

[QUOTE]

So amusing that Fiercy is now on the Gordon bandwagon.

During the NCAA tournament Fiercy was adament that he wouldn't use a top 10 pick on Gordon and Gordon would NEVER be an all-star in this league. He was stalking, bullying and HAHAHA'ing anyone who brought up Blake Griffin and Shawn Marion as Gordon comparisons. He wanted MCDERMOTT over Gordon, Vonleh and Randle!

I continued to say Gordon would be a top 10 pick, future Marion type player and reminded Fiercy Gordon was only 18 years old and was pulling down 18 boards in the elite 8 at an age when Griffin hadn't even played a college game yet.

Now when people say they 'only see him as a Rodman defense/rebound type Fiercy is quick to point out he is 'only 18 years old"

hahahahaha

[/QUOTE]

You really going to lie?

I never said I wanted McDer over Randle and Vonleh.

Making stuff up won't make up for your mistake of calling almost everybody here an absolute fool for saying the Celts will not win 30 games this season.

[/QUOTE]

Hahahahahahaha

What a LIAR

You are now going to try and slime your way out of it?

You said after the big three were taken in the draft, if Exum and Smart were picked 4 and 5 and the Celtics were picking 6 or 7 your next choices would be Gary Harris and Doug McDermott. It is all over the place in posts 6-7 weeks back. I'm not an abject loser like you with no life and time on my hands to go back and find it.

FIERCY WANTED MCDERMOTT (and Harris) OVER VONLEH, RANDLE AND GORDON.

It's documented, so please, don't LIE anymore and try to worm your way out of it. You TRASHED Gordon when I said he'd be my pick at 6 or 7, now you are on his bandwagon. A total sham by a guy with a low bball IQ.

It is much smarter to say in November that the Celtics could win 30 games (they came close blowing like 18 4th quarter leads) then it is to want 22 year old Dougie McBuckets over 18 year old Aaron Gordon as Fiecy did just a few weeks back. UGH!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Vonleh projects to be a better pro than Sully" 

Vonleh projects, Sully already IS. 

Ainge isn't trading Sully for the eight pick.

Choose between Vonleh and Gordon, we're not getting both of them. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

I think we need shooters, athletic size and big energy players.  Sully and KO  will fit in most likely.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Sullinger had a .427 FG% and .269 3PT% last year. He has too many contested shots because he isn't athletic enough to play above the rim. Only 2 years left on his contract. Sell him while his stock is deceptively high and get a bigger, faster, younger, and more talented player on a 5 year rookie deal. 

then trade Rondo to LA for pick 7, a 2018 1st round swap option, and a 2019 unprotected 1st rounder.

rebuild around Vonleh, Smart, Gordon, Bradley, and Olynyk. 

[/QUOTE]

Neither LA or any team is not going to give two first  rounders for Rondo. 

[/QUOTE]

says who?

[/QUOTE]

Says the other 28 teams in the league. LA Lakers are not going to give us 2 firsts for Rondo. They spent a wad on Nash and you saw where that got them. 

Teams with top picks don't need him and if they did they know Danny is bent over a barrel.  Rondo announcing he would test free agency dropped the value that Danny can get for him. 

Would you rather have a top 10 pick for him or two or three in the late 20s?  A top 10 at this stage is the best he will get. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

As for Sully's poor shooting this year. It was pretty evident that Brad let them all have free reign as far as shooting goes. Did any Celtic have a great shooting season where their percentage went up? For a while Sully was getting open, taking and making the 3s at higher than 30%. Towards the end it petered out. 

Once they are off the Tankapalooza bandwagon Brad will reign them in and their shooting will be better. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Sullinger had a .427 FG% and .269 3PT% last year. He has too many contested shots because he isn't athletic enough to play above the rim. Only 2 years left on his contract. Sell him while his stock is deceptively high and get a bigger, faster, younger, and more talented player on a 5 year rookie deal. 

then trade Rondo to LA for pick 7, a 2018 1st round swap option, and a 2019 unprotected 1st rounder.

rebuild around Vonleh, Smart, Gordon, Bradley, and Olynyk. 

Neither LA or any team is not going to give two first  rounders for Rondo. 

[/QUOTE]

says who?

[/QUOTE]

Says the other 28 teams in the league. LA Lakers are not going to give us 2 firsts for Rondo. They spent a wad on Nash and you saw where that got them. 

Teams with top picks don't need him and if they did they know Danny is bent over a barrel.  Rondo announcing he would test free agency dropped the value that Danny can get for him. 

Would you rather have a top 10 pick for him or two or three in the late 20s?  A top 10 at this stage is the best he will get. 

[/QUOTE]

NOBODY gives us two first rounders for the Wee Devilman, NOBODY!!! Not going to happen. Keep Sully, get what you can before Wee Devilman walks, and gird yourselves for another tough year as a Celtics fan. As long as the rebuild continues and the youngsters progress I'll be very happy. Oh yes, and as long as we have guys who actually listen to this new coach. We need to find out if he's the real deal as well and you can't do that on a team lead by the Wee Devilman - unfortunately, he's got another birthday coming up and he cannot pull a single other headcase tantrum this season or he must go immediately.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Actually Sully's shooting suffered because he played with a broken bone in his shooting hand. he wore a cast on his hand for about two months. Sully isn't untouchable but we're not looking to dump him either. I was hoping Embid would slip like Sully did but that ain't going  to happen.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Sully to me is going to be like Elton Brand.

Only Brand NEVER shot 3's.

In his age 22-28 prime, before his major injury, Brand was an 18-20 point, 9-11 rebound 6'8" 275lb PF-C who dished out 2-3 assists a game and shot 50% from the field and 75% from the line. He did his damage taking 14-16 FG attempts per game.

Ideally, if Sully is going to be as effective and reach his full potential, he improve on his 3 point shooting, to at least the mid 30's as far as percentage and average only 3 attempts a game, meaning he will make 1. If he is a 50% shooter on 2's, then going 1-3 on 3's will produce the same number of points.

Sully needs to be a 32-35 minutes a game PF (Brand was overused at 37-39 mins) and take 13 shots a game. If 3 are 3's and he shoots 33% and 55% on his 2's, makes it to the line 5 times a game and improves his shooting there from 77% to 80%, then we're talking 18 points and (hopefully) 11 boards. He averaged 10.3 boards at the PF position compared to 8.6 as a center, so getting a guy like Asik in here next to him would be huge.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Antoine Walker took averaged 3.3 three pointers a game his first 4 years in the league, also entering after a soph season (like Sully) and having some concerns about his body and staying in shape. Obviously he was a SF-PF tweener and Sully a PF-C tweener, but the comparisons are there.

'Toine shot 31.5% on 3's those years. He averaged just under 9 rebounds a game. I think we all would have been ok if he stayed at those #'s the rest of his career.

By the 01-03 years he was shooting 7-8 three pointers a game, barely improved his percentages (up to 34.5%) and was averaging almost an entire rebound less per game despite averaging 4 more minutes per game. That would be unacceptable for Sully to do.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I keep the proven commodity in Sully over the unknown in Vonleh at this point.

I think Sully is going to be better than Randle over his career anyhow.

Vonleh and Gordon are both still 18. I would be most comfortable seeing whoever we drafted of the two spend at least through the trade deadline in the D-league. If there are no fireworks this summer you'd have to assume this team returns Green/Wallace at SF, Sully/Bass at PF and Olynyk/Faverani at C. Once Bass is moved by the deadline Vonleh or Gordon can be promoted.

I definitely take one of those two guys 6th.

If the Lakers or Kings (less likely to be Sacramento) wants to trade us pick #7 or #8 for Rondo so we can take Smart I would be down with that. But not for Sully.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to romneywins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think we need shooters, athletic size and big energy players.  Sully and KO  will fit in most likely.

[/QUOTE]

Sullinger has been called a lot of things, athletic isn't one of them. he has been a poor shooter and i've never seen anything energetic about him. he's a fat, slow, poor shooting, overrated tweener. 

[/QUOTE]

Incorrect

He made 4.5 of 9.3 2 point field goal attempts. That is almost 50%.

His 3 pointers need work, but as I said, if he can up his 29% to 33% and shoot no more than 3 of them a game, we can live with him taking 14 shots (12 this year) only 3 of which are 3's, and making 50% of the 11 attempts inside the line. He also improved from 74-77% at the line. An 80% FT shooting PF who grabs 10+ boards a game and adds 18 points on 50/33/80 splits is VERY valuable.

His defense began to make big strides as well last year. Pair him with a guy like Asik and make Olynyk the tweener 6th man and this team is in business.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I keep the proven commodity in Sully over the unknown in Vonleh at this point.

I think Sully is going to be better than Randle over his career anyhow.

Vonleh and Gordon are both still 18. I would be most comfortable seeing whoever we drafted of the two spend at least through the trade deadline in the D-league. If there are no fireworks this summer you'd have to assume this team returns Green/Wallace at SF, Sully/Bass at PF and Olynyk/Faverani at C. Once Bass is moved by the deadline Vonleh or Gordon can be promoted.

I definitely take one of those two guys 6th.

If the Lakers or Kings (less likely to be Sacramento) wants to trade us pick #7 or #8 for Rondo so we can take Smart I would be down with that. But not for Sully.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Count me in for that, as well.  But, who does SAC have that we would want?  Isn't Gay the only highly paid player on that team?  Thomas makes peanuts, right?

I suppose we could take Williams and Thomas, then not offer Williams his QO or try to move him.......

Love the trade to the lakers, but I don't like Marshall.......Smart could be better.  Re-sign Bayless, draft Vonleh, Smart and LaVine.  Keep AB or let him walk.  I like Smart, Pressey, Bayless and LaVine....for now.

And if we draft Gordon?  Green for Asik is still viable.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

nice job contradicting yourself. Sully is a proven commodity, but Rondo isn't? what a joke. 

[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha

Please try and concentrate

Rondo is 28 years old, off an ACL injury, entering the final year of a contract that paid him 55 million over 5 years. He earned that contract in the 2009 playoffs when he went for 17 points, 10 assists and 2.5 steals. His shooting %'s were below average, 43/25/65, but that was expected to change.

The two years before tearing the ACL, in the regular season, he averaged 12.5 points, 11.5 assists, 1.8 steals and shooting %'s of 48/24/62. He DID NOT IMPROVE AT ALL. He went from all-defensive 1st team to no longer considered an elite defensive due too gambling and lack of effort.

He was paid what he deserved in that 5/55. Now he wants 5/100? When did he become the 18 point 10 assist (not sacrificing better play, his own shot to pad assist stats) 2.5 steal all-defensive EVERY year PG shooting 47/35/78 like we expected his growth from 2009 to 2012 to be???

SORRY but Rondo is a proven commodity, at the number mentioned that deserve 11 million a year. He is not 22 like Sully. He is not under control for 3 more years at 2-3 million a year. He REJECTED extensions that Danny offered him at the value his performance deserved (what 13-16 million a year ages 29-34??).

So yes, if this team is going rebuild around pick 6, Bradley, Olynyk, Sully, Pressey and guys age 21-23, then TRADE RONDO  for pick 7 or 8 in a HEARTBEAT.

My first choice is to trade pick 6 and Sully for Love and keep Rondo.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Count me in for that, as well.  But, who does SAC have that we would want?  Isn't Gay the only highly paid player on that team?  Thomas makes peanuts, right?

I suppose we could take Williams and Thomas, then not offer Williams his QO or try to move him.......

Love the trade to the lakers, but I don't like Marshall.......Smart could be better.  Re-sign Bayless, draft Vonleh, Smart and LaVine.  Keep AB or let him walk.  I like Smart, Pressey, Bayless and LaVine....for now.

And if we draft Gordon?  Green for Asik is still viable.

[/QUOTE]

Pick #8, McLemore, Outlaw and Terry's expiring contract for Rondo and pick #17 works for me. The Celtics wouldm likely be looking for a scoring SG-SF at 17 and won't find a better one than McLemore.

The Kings would have to hope that a Rondo-Gay-Cousins trio could make some real noise. 

Landry at PF and then Thompson off the bench at PF-C and Williams off the bench at SF-PF would be a solid frontcourt. The Kings would have to draft a SG who could play right away, keep Thomas as Rondo's backup and either play Gay as SG or find a another. 

But that team could easily make a run at the 7 or 8 seed out west. Do what Portland did. Cousins has the potential to be Aldridge. Rondo to be a 15-10 PG where Lillard is a 20-5 and Gay better than Batum.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I agree if we draft Gordon that Green for Asik is in play. Especially if Pierce wants to return here.

Marshall isn't great, but is a solid backup PG who is young and can pass and protect the ball. LA doesn't have much else to offer and Smart can easily play all the SG minutes Bradley doesn't play, so I would take him on a one year flyer at 900k in a second.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Rondo is a proven commodity, Sully isn't. that's a fact. as far as what direction the team will go and who the team will be built around? that's up to DA, not us. so i don't understand why you're delivering your opinions as if they are facts. 

it's also a fact that you contradicted yourself by arguing against trading Sully for a high draft pick because he is all of a sudden a proven commodity. then you turn around and talk about trading an all-star, nba champion, top 5 PG, for the #8 pick. what a joke.

Obviously you can't follow the sensible conversation.

Everything I said about Rondo was a fact. He is a proven commodity who wants more money that what his proven performance is worth, he is 28, a year away from free agency and would need to be on a team that contends soon.

Sully proved at age 22 to be a 27-28 minute, 12-14 point, 8-9 rebound big man all while recovering from major back surgery and playing with a broken hand. I 'project' him as he enters his PRIME to play 4-6 more minutes a game, and improve by like 20%, to an 18/11 player. That is to be EXPECTED.

If you think we'll NEVER get more than this years stats, so be it. It is still a proven commodity (after 2 years of college ball on top of that) compared to Vonleh and Gordon who are raw 18 year olds off one year of college ball. 

Promoting a Rondo trade and to hold onto Sully are not 'jokes' or 'contradictions'. Get your head out of your rear. It is called TEAM BUILDING and values placed based on age, contract and the situation of this franchise. Clearly things you cannot grasp.

25. This post has been removed.