DraftXpress

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

DraftXpress

http://www.draftexpress.com/ Has the Celtics selecting Randle & Willey-Cauley-Stein. 

I'd be satisfied with that, especially how those UK players have been playing recently. However, I still think the best case scenario in this situation would be to try and swing these two guys for an Allstar. My two targets would be:

A. Buying low on DeMarcus Cousins. Sacramento's new ownership may want to finally clean house with how cancerous Cousins becomes when they're losing. They could very easily let Rudy walk and trade Cousins to Boston for a refreshed frontcourt of Randle & WCS to go with their own selection of Marcus Smart. Let it be a first step towards a total re-imaging. Boston gets Cousins signed to four years on the cheap. I think DMC is on the fringe of growing up and with veterans, good influences, the right coach, the right organization and most importantly, winning, he can become a professional. Rondo, Bradley, Green, Cousins, Sullinger would be a good 2014-15 team, with the possibility of improving in the summer of 2015.

B. Go hard for Marc Gasol. Convince Memphis that in a small market, their window has closed on Gasol who can walk in 2015 and their otherwise inability to attack a marquee free agent on a team struggling to make the playoffs in a tough Western Conference. Maybe I'm pulling at straws, but offering them Randle and WCS on rookie deals for a guy who could walk is not a bad deal. They then have a huge trade piece in Zbo who they can flip to a contender. 

Same as above, Rondo, Bradley, Green, Sullinger, Gasol is good enough 4-6th seed for 2014-15 with the chance to attract a final piece in the summer of 2015.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Re: DraftXpress

Ughh...

We already have Randle & Cauley-Stein...

they're Celtic names are Sullinger & Olynyk. 

I prefer www.bleacherreport.com prediction of Dante Exum & Doug McDermott much better.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

wouldn't like that.

Exum and McDermontt is alot better (not too high on McDermontt tho)

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

Cauley-Stein is nothing like Olynyk.

he IS a rim protector and a legit (height wize) center.

he also has no Offense to speak of and will a project for a couple years in the NBA.

Randle and Sully, Olynyk makes no sense, unless you are drafting BPA only.

we need another Guard in this draft for sure and a top out side shooting guard would make a lot of sense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bird-to-DJ. Show Bird-to-DJ's posts

R9R - Cousins makes $13M+ next year and will be above $16M in four years.  How is that "on the cheap".  Since your line-up has AB in it, that means you resigned him... Who are we sending to Sac to balance out the salaries since we won't have the cap space to absorb.  Also, it's not like we have KG... you talk about veteran leadership keeping him in check, not sure from where.  I am a Rondo fan but I wouldn't be expecting him to keep Boogie in check...  Who else - Bass, Green - neither has ever shown that he is that type of player?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

he also has no Offense to speak of and will a project for a couple years in the NBA.

we need another Guard in this draft for sure and a top out side shooting guard would make a lot of sense.

[/QUOTE]

Agree on the BPA but, there are some on here that want to resign and keep Hump to. Don't forget we also have Bass. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

Cauley-Stein is terrible.  And we don't need Randle.  I expect DA's pre-draft rankings to look sort of like this:

• Embiid
    • Parker
    • Best available guard  

Then, with pick #2, I can't imagine DA passing on McDermott.  But considering that McBucketts should be off the board by then, I think DA will lean toward the best available PG (Lavine?)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxpatscelts25. Show soxpatscelts25's posts

I would rather the C's draft Stauskas than Mcdermott if they are both there

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Bird-to-DJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

R9R - Cousins makes $13M+ next year and will be above $16M in four years.  How is that "on the cheap".  Since your line-up has AB in it, that means you resigned him... Who are we sending to Sac to balance out the salaries since we won't have the cap space to absorb.  Also, it's not like we have KG... you talk about veteran leadership keeping him in check, not sure from where.  I am a Rondo fan but I wouldn't be expecting him to keep Boogie in check...  Who else - Bass, Green - neither has ever shown that he is that type of player?

[/QUOTE]

By on the cheap, I meant in terms of giving up assets in the trade. Cousins numbers are very similar to Kevin Love (minus the range from deep). I think a trade for Cousins allows us to keep Sullinger to pair with him. 

You're right about salaries, so of course Boston would need to make salaries match

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to soxpatscelts25's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The more I watch, the less certain I get.

I know one or two of these guys are going to be fringe allstar players in the NBA. But its almost certain that the other two will be busts: Stauskus, LaVine, McDermott, Hood. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxpatscelts25. Show soxpatscelts25's posts

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to soxpatscelts25's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The more I watch, the less certain I get.

I know one or two of these guys are going to be fringe allstar players in the NBA. But its almost certain that the other two will be busts: Stauskus, LaVine, McDermott, Hood. 

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. I just think Stauskas is gonna be a solid NBA player. Nothing amazing but an important piece to a good team. I also could see McDermott as a Wally Szczerbiak type of player. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

Expert names like Aran Smith have Cauley-Stein and Stauskas both being drafted in the second round.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from satchsanders. Show satchsanders's posts

Watched Kentucky play last night for only the 2nd or 3rd time this season and I have to tell you I was very impressed with the improvment in Cauley -Stein. He is a little raw offensively but is an extremely aggressive 7 footer who is an explosive leaper and has great timing which translates into a lot of  blocked shots. If he is available when we have our 2nd pick in the first round I think he should be considered. Not sold on Randle for the Celtics though as he is another power forward type who in my opinion doesnt have as much upside as Sullinger or Kelly O.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

I like vonleh if we dont get a top 3 pick he is very versatile and only a freshman, has great size for the nba. Very good potential.

I dont really see the cs drafting a 2 guard becuz it seems we are going to pay ab.

Mcdermott seems like a bust waiting to happen, I dont like shoot only unathletic small forwards who cant creat their own shot and cant defend. We already have enough +skill -athletic guys on this team (sully and ko) we need length and athletes, guys who play above the rim.

I would be all for Cauley-Stein with the 2nd first rdr. His strengths are our biggest weakness, he has excellent size, very good rim protector and plays above the rim. Id like gordon too at that pick, he is an amazing athlete and excellent defender, who plays with a great motor, he can be a gerald wallace in his prime type of player. Tho his shooting is below average and we really dont need another non shooter on this team, with that said id still take him, hed be excellent value in that range.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from satchsanders. Show satchsanders's posts

In response to gman101019's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like vonleh if we dont get a top 3 pick he is very versatile and only a freshman, has great size for the nba. Very good potential.

I dont really see the cs drafting a 2 guard becuz it seems we are going to pay ab.

Mcdermott seems like a bust waiting to happen, I dont like shoot only unathletic small forwards who cant creat their own shot and cant defend. We already have enough +skill -athletic guys on this team (sully and ko) we need length and athletes, guys who play above the rim.

I would be all for Cauley-Stein with the 2nd first rdr. His strengths are our biggest weakness, he has excellent size, very good rim protector and plays above the rim. Id like gordon too at that pick, he is an amazing athlete and excellent defender, who plays with a great motor, he can be a gerald wallace in his prime type of player. Tho his shooting is below average and we really dont need another non shooter on this team, with that said id still take him, hed be excellent value in that range.

[/QUOTE]

Agree about Noah Vonleh. That kid gets better everytime I see him . 6ft 10 strong inside player with 3 point range.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxpatscelts25. Show soxpatscelts25's posts

In response to MitchUnderpants' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Expert names like Aran Smith have Cauley-Stein and Stauskas both being drafted in the second round.

[/QUOTE]

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1973867-2014-nba-mock-draft-projecting-all-30-first-round-picks-entering-march/page/19

has them both in the top 20

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Cauley-Stein is def no Olynyk. He could be the next Fab Melo, I'll pass.

Danny should trade for Asik if we want the rim protecting big. Humphries (S&T) or Bass, plus Favarani could do it. A future 2nd rd pick or MAYBE the Clippers 1st could sweeten it, but Houston has no intention of paying Asik 15m next year so I would think we can keep our pick.

Randle is too much like Sully and the team has Olynyk AND Bass is still under contract. So, if Ainge is sitting at pick 4, thinking he can get a player he wants like Smart at pick 6-7, maybe he'll make a small move to add a future pick or shed a contract/some $.

Exum may stay overseas for 1-2 years like Rubio rather than play for a team he doesn't want to be on (basically anyone other than the Lakers) so that saga will be interesting to watch.