Driving the Tank off a Cliff

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Driving the Tank off a Cliff

nahh....most of these players will be gone anyhow. 

This part is all going according to Danny's plan. 

This writer is just looking for some cheap page views, he's way off.

The idea we have a bunch of young talent we are looking to develop on this team is a myth. 

The keeper of the bunch is Sullivan. He just put up 24 and 17 so he's clearly still fired up. 

Rondo and Bradley have their own issues and contracts and that's well known by the Celts brass. 

There's really no one else, unless a few folks are holding onto the idea that mini-me Pressey is some kind of special player and not a backup's backup.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The idea we have a bunch of young talent we are looking to develop on this team is a myth. 

The keeper of the bunch is Sullivan. He just put up 24 and 17 so he's clearly still fired up. 

Rondo and Bradley have their own issues and contracts and that's well known by the Celts brass. 

There's really no one else, unless a few folks are holding onto the idea that mini-me Pressey is some kind of special player and not a backup's backup.

[/QUOTE]

You may be right but that logic defies everything that's been said or reported about keeping a core and trading 1-2 more players. I find it hard to believe that Danny would try to dump the majority of contracts this year. Makes more sense to jettison a handful, draft a few, trade remaining players for a few more and add a FA and pick here and there until the rebuild is complete. No doubt he can feed the media whatever serves his purpose but as the story says, going over the cliff is a dangerous game for those you intend to keep or trade later, not to mention what it does to the mentality of the players and to the team concept.

[/QUOTE]

Just think what it could do to UBUNTU... and to CaptFreeAgent's confidence as a true leader!

Pud

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

I think this team may win another 5 to 7 games the rest of the year. They got another West Coast swing coming up and games still to be played with the spurs and Mavs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

Who's Sullivan? Smile

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Who's Sullivan? Smile

[/QUOTE]

Turns out that Sully is Irish...

Pud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  Nowhere is it written that tanking is bad for team chemistry or player development.  And, the Celtics HAVE been competitive, especially early on.  Everyone was raving about Stevens and Crawford and impressed with Olynyk's intelligence and versatility.  Journalists are worse than the most fickle fans.  Look at Mazz and Felger for god's sake.  I'd rather eat glass than listen to those two discuss basketball.  (The fickle fans are no bargain.)

Don't worry, Danny knows precisely what he is doing.  It's not going to be a banner this year or next year, but I think we could compete for the playoffs next year because of the way th eNBA is set up and then maybe get to the second round in 15-16.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

doesn't matter

nobody not named rondo, green, sullinger, bradley or olynik will be around in a year or two anyway. and maybe not even all of those i mentioned.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I don't agree with the premise of the article... it just doesn't make sense.

Its in the players best interest to play hard and play well whether they want to be kept/resigned with the Celtics OR picked up by another team.

If they slack off, or play KoMe ball, Brad takes them out of the game and limits their minutes which is counter-productive to the future those players.

The truth is that the Celtics have an inferior team.  Can't be competitive without a Center, and no consistent outside scoring threat from the backcourt.   And it will take time to incorporate more likely personnel changes by the trade deadline, which will negatively affect the team record.  

I think we are right on track to finish with 26 wins which should put us in the bottom 3.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

My personal opinion, no one is safe long term, not even Sully.  It seems lately that it is less likely that Rondo will stay if he wants big money.  Oly is a long term back up, he will stay next year because they need to make sure if there is a chance that he is a quality starter.  Bradley would be gone today if there is a reasonable deal for him.  Is Sully a top-flight starter?  Maybe,  but the on-going task is to get the type of all-star that you need one or two of on your team to win the championship.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Maybe, but the safest player is Sully.  His contribution, his upside potential and especially his attractive contract are by far the best on the team.  

It would take one heck of a blockbuster return for Danny to trade him at this point.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree with your assessment of our talent. However, BB and JG have shown the ability to be good role players (3rd, 4th options or whatever term you like) when surrounded by other talent. Plus.... they are good teammates to be around. Their salary expectations may gel with the team cap as we acquire others.  I especially like Bass. If skills were based on effort alone, he would be an MVP.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

beginning sentences with "not happenning"....?

watch what happens.  it will be NOTHING like the GMs on boston dot com antipate

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to shines01's comment:
    [QUOTE]

beginning sentences with "not happenning"....?

watch what happens.  it will be NOTHING like the GMs on boston dot com antipate

[/QUOTE]

Thats what makes this time in Celtics history so interesting and fun.  Anyone can and may be traded, exciting new players will arrive soon, we will have a relevant position in a strong draft and... anything can happen.

If its anything like trying to predict who Bill Belichick will draft, none of us have nailed it yet.

The ONLY absolute SURE THINGs are that Brad Stevens will be the coach and Bogans will not be on the team next season.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

how can anyone here assert "the last unhappy star player was..."  Boston dot com simply doesn't have that knowledge and insight

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

really....it is definitely interesting....and fun?....painful and maybe there is an element of fun.  I like wozzy's sentiment:  if they win I'm happy and if they lose I'm happy

25. This post has been removed.