Drooling Over Bradley

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Drooling Over Bradley

Reports out of the BostonGlobe have Danny Ainge & Doc drooling over Avery Bradley on draft night.

"Danny Ainge and Doc Rivers were drooling over the 19-year-old’s defense." 

This from Coach Garry Ward, who had Bradley in college.

“Avery’s one of those guys, he puts people in a phone booth,’’ Ward said. “He could guard you so tight that you didn’t even want the ball no more. Avery Bradley makes the best ball handlers on the other team give up the ball. You see point guards give the ball to the center, and make the center bring the ball up.

“You know the definition of harassment?’’ Ward continued. “If you’ve got that ball, he’s going to harass you. He’s not going to harass you for one trip up the court, he’s going to do it for 48 minutes.’’

But Danny is heging his bets and playing his expectations close to his vest.

“Coming into a team like we have, you’re never given anything,’’ Ainge said. “You have to earn it. We’re excited about Avery and what he can be and what his future holds. But I would never put pressure on any rookie, let alone a 19-year-old rookie coming into training camp of a team from the NBA Finals. He has a lot of work to do. He has a lot of things to learn about the NBA and about our team, but we’re very confident.’’

But the question is, can Bradley step onto the Celtics roster and have a meaningful impact.

Please, no Doc don't play rookies arguements -- Doc is not a paint by numbers coach --  if he's good enough Doc will play him. 

Let's make a Guess:  Will Bradley Contribute to the Celtics in a meaningful way this season?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Re: Drooling Over Bradley

I would vote for the 3rd option, if hitting the 3's wasn't in it!
     he's not a 3 point shotter yet.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Re: Drooling Over Avery Bradley

In Response to Re: Drooling Over Avery Bradley:
    [QUOTE]Please, no Doc don't play rookies arguements -- Doc is not a paint by numbers coach --  if he's good enough Doc will play him. So why did you provide that option in the voting????????
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

I put it in so we don't get long disserations here on Doc not giving playing time to rooks.  It gives those who believe that a chance to express that opinion.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Drooling Over Bradley:
    [QUOTE] I would vote for the 3rd option, if hitting the 3's wasn't in it!  he's not a 3 point shotter yet.
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

Then I guess you should vote, "I hope so . . .", and explain.  That takes the place of "maybe".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Re: Drooling Over Avery Bradley

In Response to Re: Drooling Over Avery Bradley:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Drooling Over Avery Bradley : I put it in so we don't get long disserations here on Doc not giving playing time to rooks.  It gives those who believe that a chance to express that opinion.
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

In that vein, did those two say anything about Giddens, or Walker?.........if he is good enough on D, he will get mins, and be allowed a few mistakes on offense.  Doc has been very consistent on that, see Tony Allen!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE] I would vote for the 3rd option, if hitting the 3's wasn't in it!  he's not a 3 point shotter yet.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

That should be shooter dummy!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Hold on this guy is very young.  He will twenty at the end of November.  I think it is asking a lot for this guy to do even half of what is being suggested here.  Maybe by the end of the year he plays some defense for us.  What  19th draft picks 19 years of age make big contributions?  Even Kobe who was a 16 th pick did very little for the first two seasons.  What are we expecting from this guy? Tamp it down a little will you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Well I think come next May that Bradley will be the best option to guard D Wade now that Tony is gone.

Too bad we have taken up two roster sports with backup SG's, in Daniels and Wafer, and STILL have no backup SF, something that has killed us two years running now

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]Well I think come next May that Bradley will be the best option to guard D Wade now that Tony is gone. Too bad we have taken up two roster sports with backup SG's, in Daniels and Wafer, and STILL have no backup SF, something that has killed us two years running now
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

I think Daniels and Harangody will be PP's backups!  Unless we get your guy Posey back...:)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]Well I think come next May that Bradley will be the best option to guard D Wade now that Tony is gone. Too bad we have taken up two roster sports with backup SG's, in Daniels and Wafer, and STILL have no backup SF, something that has killed us two years running now

My question is,with the team we have now, who will guard LeBron, when Pierce is out ? Please don't tell me Daniels!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Drooling Over Bradley :  That should be shooter dummy!

Cain't we all jus git along?

I hates it when one poster calls out an udder becuz o da wey dey wrights.

Cool

"My question is,with the team we have now, who will guard LeBron, when Pierce is out ? Please don't tell me Daniels!!"

Sorry, Man, it be Daniels.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Drooling Over Bradley :  My question is,with the team we have now, who will guard LeBron, when Pierce is out ? Please don't tell me Daniels!!

Chief:  "Max, it's Daniels"

Maxwell Smart:" I asked you not to tell me that."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Fierce:

I will be counting down the days till Dec 15th when we can trade Wafer & Daniels (probably w/ Baby to make 4 work) for a decent SF. Daniels can get the mins behind Pierce to start the season and Wafer behind Ray. But they cannot be our playoff bench.

BirdandCowens:

I seem to be in the minority of people who still think Posey has juice left, but I'm sure he'd still play the role we need perfectly. Of course I prefer Prince, Battier, Chandler, Josh Howard, etc.

kyceltic:

We have nobody to guard LeBron. TA gave up 4" and did a decent job. But he was more suited for Kobe and wade anyhow. We still need that gritty battle tested SF.

What are we doing with Sheed's contract??

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

This is why TA is ghost........BC Bradley is a sick defender & he's not a liability on O. Hopefully that ankle of his is ok....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EastCoastAudio. Show EastCoastAudio's posts

[QUOTE]Fierce:   I will be counting down the days till Dec 15th when we can trade Wafer & Daniels (probably w/ Baby to make 4 work) for a decent SF. Daniels can get the mins behind Pierce to start the season and Wafer behind Ray. But they cannot be our playoff bench. BirdandCowens: I seem to be in the minority of people who still think Posey has juice left, but I'm sure he'd still play the role we need perfectly. Of course I prefer Prince, Battier, Chandler, Josh Howard, etc. kyceltic: We have nobody to guard LeBron. TA gave up 4" and did a decent job. But he was more suited for Kobe and wade anyhow. We still need that gritty battle tested SF. What are we doing with Sheed's contract??
     i think thats what nate robinson was re-signed for. i mean 4+ million for an undersized backup pg that will play limited minutes behind rondo??? i think thats y he was given a 2 year deal too, because anyone re-signed to the same team on  a one year contract, gets a no-trade clause, so dainiels can veto any trade hes involved in. if bradley shows any ability to play that limited backup pg role behind rondo, it makes nate extremely expendable.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]This is why TA is ghost........BC Bradley is a sick defender & he's not a liability on O. Hopefully that ankle of his is ok....
    Posted by Red-Doc-Redemption[/QUOTE]

The thing about TA is that he was one of the few players on the roster that could slash his way to the basket like a hot knife through butter.  Problem was, he was also a blocked shot or ball bounced off the foot waiting to happen.  TA could defend 2, and sometimes 3, positions, depending on the matchup.  Bradley, according to everything I've read, is a very good defender and could develop into a very good shooter.  Sounds like he can defend the 1 but could be overmatched against bigger 2's.  He no doubt will play early since he can defend, a prerequisite for earning Doc's trust.   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Drooling Over Bradley :  i think thats what nate robinson was re-signed for. i mean 4+ million for an undersized backup pg that will play limited minutes behind rondo??? i think thats y he was given a 2 year deal too, because anyone re-signed to the same team on  a one year contract, gets a no-trade clause, so dainiels can veto any trade hes involved in. if bradley shows any ability to play that limited backup pg role behind rondo, it makes nate extremely expendable.
    Posted by EastCoastAudio[/QUOTE]

I didn't know that about Daniels now having a no-trade, that is kinda BS.

Although last year I thought House had a no-trade b/c he would be giving up Bird rights, 3 years on the same team, if he was moved... and yet he went to the disaster that was the Knicks w/o a wimper

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Drooling Over Bradley : Prince is an interesting idea and one in which Danny has had some interest, right? Last year of contract and $11m - Sheed at $8m and another $3m will do it. Suggestions on the other $3m?
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Currently? I still love my 3 team ideas...

Sheed and a 2nd rd pick to Cleveland

Perk, Jamario Moon, Scal signed and traded @ vet min and our 1st rd pick to Detroit

Shaq and Prince to Boston

for just Prince?

Sheed and Scal S&T @ 3 million or Scal @ 2.2m and Gaffney would work, plus our 1st rd pick of course

we could also swap Baby for Chris Wilcox, equal 1 year 3m salries, if Detroit would prefer the younger and slightly more productive Baby

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Drooling Over Bradley : Currently? I still love my 3 team ideas... Sheed and a 2nd rd pick to Cleveland Perk, Jamario Moon, Scal signed and traded @ vet min and our 1st rd pick to Detroit Shaq and Prince to Boston for just Prince? Sheed and Scal S&T @ 3 million or Scal @ 2.2m and Gaffney would work, plus our 1st rd pick of course we could also swap Baby for Chris Wilcox, equal 1 year 3m salries, if Detroit would prefer the younger and slightly more productive Baby

I don't think Daniels has a no trade clause. Don't you think we would have heard about that?  To the best of my knowledge, the CBA doesn't allow for many, and the only two players in the league that have them (correct me if I'm wrong here) are Dirk and koME, and they just got theirs this year.