Duke gets a beat down!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Re: Duke gets a beat down!

In Response to Re: Duke gets a beat down!:
    [QUOTE]Good point Seems.......the game changed and for the better......eras in sports... basketball....shot clock......Russ brings defense......Wilt redefines offense....the black explosion......the merger......Bird/Magic.....MJ...... baseball....the dead ball era....1920 and the live ball.......New York's dynasty beginnings......Jackie Robinson.....pitching dominates the '60's and they lower the mound....the ball gets juiced.....the players do the same shortly thereafter.... so many huge changes and yet, the games basically remain the same game.... whatever......loved sports back in the day.....love it today.....thee is no changing that...
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

Lmao glad to see you finally saw the light! The 60s were trash but the re-invention of the game along with the NBA has given us the product we have today. With that, winning titles today is infinitely harder compared to the "slow footed white league" of the 60s.

Good riddance to that!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicoLakerfan. Show RicoLakerfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Duke gets a beat down! : Lmao glad to see you finally saw the light! The 60s were trash but the re-invention of the game along with the NBA has given us the product we have today. With that, winning titles today is infinitely harder compared to the "slow footed white league" of the 60s. Good riddance to that!
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

It was infinitely harder for the Lakers to win titles in the 60s because they kept having to play a superior Boston team. Just Sayin' 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeemsToMe. Show SeemsToMe's posts

[QUOTE]Good point Seems.......the game changed and for the better......eras in sports... basketball....shot clock......Russ brings defense......Wilt redefines offense....the black explosion......the merger......Bird/Magic.....MJ...... baseball....the dead ball era....1920 and the live ball.......New York's dynasty beginnings......Jackie Robinson.....pitching dominates the '60's and they lower the mound....the ball gets juiced.....the players do the same shortly thereafter.... so many huge changes and yet, the games basically remain the same game.... whatever......loved sports back in the day.....love it today.....thee is no changing that...
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

Well stated Duke,

Which generation is the best doesn't really matter. The only thing that counts is the personal satisfaction that each and every sports fan gets as a sports spectator. Whether its the pros, college, high school or sandlot ball, its all about the thrill of competition.  If within each era the playing field is level, the games should be  competitive and you can't ask for any more than that. Like I said before, my fondest memories of teams and players are of the 40's,50's, and 60's.  It seems to be a pattern of behavior, that as the golden years arrive, we look back more and more at the "Good old days" and with with a smile on our face give thanks for the memories. Its something that the younger folks can look forward to.

Seems

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Duke gets a beat down! : Well stated Duke,    Which generation is the best doesn't really matter. The only thing that counts is the personal satisfaction that each and every sports fan gets as a sports spectator. Whether its the pros, college, high school or sandlot ball, its all about the thrill of competition.  If within each era the playing field is level, the games should be  competitive and you can't ask for any more than that. Like I said before, my fondest memories of teams and players are of the 40's,50's, and 60's.  It seems to be a pattern of behavior, that as the golden years arrive, we look back more and more at the "Good old days" and with with a smile on our face give thanks for the memories. Its something that the younger folks can look forward to. Seems
    Posted by SeemsToMe[/QUOTE]

Duke says modern NBA stated with shot clock - Seems agrees
    Red16Russell11 says same thing - Seems goes on a rant about slow white players, and how can I say that!

Ok, I see how it is now!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from larry1717. Show larry1717's posts

Faker Laker Nation is posting False information.  He needs to go read some history of the NBA.  I really do not want to spend my days and nights teaching him or anyone else NBA history.  Example:  He posted what the idiot Mike McCready wrote in an internet article concerning how many players were taller than 6'8" tall when Wilt joined the NBA.  McCready said 4 in his article and Faker laker nation believed him.  HA HA HA HA HA HA!

There were actually at least 15 players taller than 6'8" when Wilt joined the league.  Too bad Faker Laker nation never completed the requirements to pass 2nd grade math.   HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from larry1717. Show larry1717's posts

Duke, IN FACT, actually gave the Beat Down to Faker-Laker Nation!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Learn to count with your fingers Faker-Laker nation!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from larry1717. Show larry1717's posts

The Duke did not get a beat down, but Faker Laker sure did!   LMFAO

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from larry1717. Show larry1717's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Duke gets a beat down! : Lmao glad to see you finally saw the light! The 60s were trash but the re-invention of the game along with the NBA has given us the product we have today. With that, winning titles today is infinitely harder compared to the "slow footed white league" of the 60s. Good riddance to that!
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

Faker laker can not even count to 5!   LMFAO

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from larry1717. Show larry1717's posts

Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE

This Faker/Laker Troll is a complete Moron!  He (or she) can not count to 5.  Whata drip!  LMFAO

hahahahahahahahahahAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Duke gets a beat down! : It was infinitely harder for the Lakers to win titles in the 60s because they kept having to play a superior Boston team. Just Sayin' 
    Posted by RicoLakerfan[/QUOTE]

Excellent logic.

In that case, winning the league was definitely easier in the 60s since the Celtics won 9 of them. Easier championship for the Celtics == inferior product. Glad that you finally see the lights...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Lakersavenger says Boston doesn't have a football team since the Pats play in Foxboro - and any titles wouldn't count!
    I countered with the 5 Magic titles won by LA shouldn't count since they played their games in Inglewood.  And Kareem's staue should actually be outside the Forum not the Staples Center.

He has yet to dispute it - 2 laker beat downs on one thread-  priceless!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Duke gets a beat down! : Duke says modern NBA stated with shot clock - Seems agrees Red16Russell11 says same thing - Seems goes on a rant about slow white players, and how can I say that! Ok, I see how it is now!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

I hope you are not trying to use 3 people to build this case of "majority rules" or "majority opinion". I mean, it's so easy...

http://www.slate.com/id/2211157/
    O'Brien had done nothing less than drag the business of pro hoops into the modern era. He brokered the ABA-NBA merger, ...

http://nbahoopsonline.com/Articles/2005-06/Curse.html
    Now Miami is one win away from becoming the first modern era expansion team to win a title

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2011/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=Finalists1-10
    There have been 35 NBA Finals matchups since the NBA-ABA merger, so we at ESPN.com decided to rank all 70 teams that have played on the NBA's biggest stage in the modern era.

http://balltrends.com/kevin-love-sets-modern-era-double-double-record-minnesota-timberwolves-94976.html
    Kevin Love Sets Modern Era Double-Double Record, Minnesota Timberwolves ...
    Kevin Love, nursing a bruised knee, had a shot to surpass the almighty Moses Malone's record (since the ABA-NBA merger almost 40 years ago) of 51 consecutive double-doubles.

http://www.nba.com/2008/news/features/dave_mcmenamin/10/12/101108mcmenaminoutdoor/
    That said, it was equally strange to me on Saturday night that Indian Wells Garden, located just outside of Palm Springs in sunny California, was downright chilly as the Nuggets downed the Suns 77-72 in the AutoTrader.com Open, the first NBA game played outdoors in the modern era.

Note: there were 4 outdoor games in NBA history, in 1972, 2008, 2009 and 2010. In other words, from NBA's official point of view (from their official site), 1972 was not the modern era.

http://wap.nba.com/s/2184/449?itemUriVal=cd4bb76c6772d89da1d4597b957ac2af%2F13151475412700312112824215&pageNum=1&fullstory=yes&viewType=details&bangoTitle=Phil%20Jackson:%20Seeing%20Triple
    Phil Jackson is the only coach in the 'Modern Era' of the NBA (post the
    ABA merger in 1974
    )

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]In that case, winning the league was definitely easier in the 60s since the Celtics won 9 of them. Easier championship for the Celtics == inferior product. Glad that you finally see the lights...
    Posted by MajicMVP[/QUOTE]

So what does that say about our titles won in 1949, 1950, 1952, 1953 and 1954?

Using that logic the product went from being 'excellent' to 'inferior' in the space of a few seasons?

How does that work?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Duke gets a beat down! : So what does that say about our titles won in 1949, 1950, 1952, 1953 and 1954? Using that logic the product went from being 'excellent' to 'inferior' in the space of a few seasons? How does that work?
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

Inferior product, no problem.

That's why I say the count is always 10-4, since the NBA has become a big-time league.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Duke gets a beat down! : So what does that say about our titles won in 1949, 1950, 1952, 1953 and 1954? Using that logic the product went from being 'excellent' to 'inferior' in the space of a few seasons? How does that work?
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

Ours? Your Australian! Next.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

In Response to Re: Duke gets a beat down! : Inferior product, no problem. That's why I say the count is always 10-4, since the NBA has become a big-time league.
    Posted by MajicMVP

Fair enough, but a league has to start someplace. Should be proud that The Lakers dominated the league at it's beginnings.

I wonder how much Bryant or James (or any other NBA egomaniac) would want their teams billed like this. Mikan must have been absolutely massive in his day.

Sections
Shortcuts