Dumbed down post for Karl

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Dumbed down post for Karl

Some here ( not that many)  thought the Celtics were contenders ( a contender means that a team has a chance for a title) when they went on a 7 game winning streak after Rondo was hurt (Rondo doesn't have anything to do with this post). 

Since the 7 game winning streak the Celtics have gone 9 and 10. ( I know that they are 16 and 10 without Rondo but that isn't what this post is about). I took great pains in my original post to say that Rondo was not a factor one way or the other but still karl had a hard time figuring this out and for this I am sorry. A lot of people did think that this team was quite a bit better than it was after Rondo went down. They may be a little better, maybe not, either way Rondo is not a major factor.

I feel that the winning streak caused many to overlook what is wrong with this team and caused many ( not everyone Karl...relax) to overestimate this teams abilities. 

I am sorry to Karl that my orginal post sent him into an emotional tailspin in which he talked about Rondo numerous times and for some odd reason seemed to think the word "contender " meant "will win without a shadow of a doubt".

I hope that this post allows him to move forward with peace in his heart.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Dumbed down post for Karl

Does anyone really think that if Rondo was on this team with playoffs coming up that it would not be a major plus?   Sure we played well and Rondo was holding the ball and hindering the offensive flow.  But the guy can flat out play, and is a game changer when it counts and is so dynamic when he does we win big games.  

I got excited like everyone else when we went on winning streak, but try to remember what Rondo did against the Heat last year and in the 2010 finals or against hte Lebron led Cavs that won 67 games in 2010.  Rondo was a one man wrecking crew.  Next year if he is back this team will not see him holding the ball, he will pass to this group of players that now knows what they can do a lot better.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Does anyone really think that if Rondo was on this team with playoffs coming up that it would not be a major plus?  

If anyone sez no, you are simply prepared to disbelieve them... and argue... so whats the point?

Why not simply make your case rather than  asking such a loaded question?

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Does anyone really think that if Rondo was on this team with playoffs coming up that it would not be a major plus?  

If anyone sez no, you are simply prepared to disbelieve them... and argue... so whats the point?

Pud

I am prepared to disbelieve them but I will not argue.  Do have a question for you?  Who do you think is a major plus on the current Cetlics roster?  If you don't see any one then it does not matter that you don't see Rondo as a major plus.  On the other hand, if you do see somebody as a major plus, it will be instructional for a lot of us.

Who?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

Pud

I am prepared to disbelieve them but I will not argue.  Do have a question for you?  Who do you think is a major plus on the current Cetlics roster?  If you don't see any one then it does not matter that you don't see Rondo as a major plus.  On the other hand, if you do see somebody as a major plus, it will be instructional for a lot of us.

Who?

That troll of a fan PUD will not answer..........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Some here ( not that many)  thought the Celtics were contenders ( a contender means that a team has a chance for a title) when they went on a 7 game winning streak after Rondo was hurt (Rondo doesn't have anything to do with this post). 

Since the 7 game winning streak the Celtics have gone 9 and 10. ( I know that they are 16 and 10 without Rondo but that isn't what this post is about). I took great pains in my original post to say that Rondo was not a factor one way or the other but still karl had a hard time figuring this out and for this I am sorry. A lot of people did think that this team was quite a bit better than it was after Rondo went down. They may be a little better, maybe not, either way Rondo is not a major factor.

I feel that the winning streak caused many to overlook what is wrong with this team and caused many ( not everyone Karl...relax) to overestimate this teams abilities. 

I am sorry to Karl that my orginal post sent him into an emotional tailspin in which he talked about Rondo numerous times and for some odd reason seemed to think the word "contender " meant "will win without a shadow of a doubt".

Snake,

I'm sorry, but I don't understand your post. 2 times you stated that this post is not about RR but ended talking about the team without RR? Am I missing something?

As for the Celtics being a contender, they are not, IMO. They were on the fringes at the beginning of the season but after loosing  key players they way outside that group.

As for RR, it's kind of funny to listen to many posters here bashing and cussing Rondo just 9 months after his incredible performance in the palyoffs.

AK

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

Pud

Who?

A healthy KG or a healthy CPP are both major plusses... moreso KG.

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to sinus007's comment:

I'm sorry, but I don't understand your post. 2 times you stated that this post is not about RR but ended talking about the team without RR? Am I missing something?

You are missing nothing at all. It is precisely about R9R.

Our resident fairy tale writer is practicing the art of disguise/misdirection.

Pud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Does anyone really think that if Rondo was on this team with playoffs coming up that it would not be a major plus?   Sure we played well and Rondo was holding the ball and hindering the offensive flow.  But the guy can flat out play, and is a game changer when it counts and is so dynamic when he does we win big games.  

I got excited like everyone else when we went on winning streak, but try to remember what Rondo did against the Heat last year and in the 2010 finals or against hte Lebron led Cavs that won 67 games in 2010.  Rondo was a one man wrecking crew.  Next year if he is back this team will not see him holding the ball, he will pass to this group of players that now knows what they can do a lot better.

Concord, did anyone really think that when Rondo went down with a torn ACL that the team he was in the process of "leading" to an ongoing 0-6 streak would improve the moment he got hurt? Resoundingly, NO! aside from a few of us here who look at the team as a whole and don't just fixate on one "hero".......Did anyone think the C's would break out of that slump in the first game that he doesn't play in and beat the reigning NBA Champion Miami Heat, who are in the process of proving that they are one of the greatest teams of all time, and then go on to win 7-games in a row on top of it? The C's are not better on paper. WE ALL KNOW THAT! But ya know what most of us do with paper every day? We wipe our azzes with it! The C's are better on the court without Rondo, still. WE ALL SEE THAT! NOBODY ever said we were an NBA Championship caliber team. BUT WE DEFINITELY WEREN'T ONE WITH HIM EITHER! It has and is continuing to be proven that THE CELTICS PLAY BETTER BASKETBALL WITHOUT RONDO! 20-23 in the middle of 0-6, RR ACL, to 7-0 16-10 despite a present 0-4 duirng which they shoulda won 2. DAMN. FACTS ARE FACTS...HYPE IS HYPE! When I was a kid, I use to wonder why so many of the Harlem Globetrotters could be so good with the basketball, yet not be on an NBA team. Rondo has helped me understand some of that during this last 1/2 a decade of watching him do is thing.......Go ahead! trash me!!! OOOOps! Sorry, this thread ain't supposed to be about Rondo either, right?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"A lot of people did think that this team was quite a bit better than it was after Rondo went down. They may be a little better, maybe not, either way Rondo is not a major factor."

Agreed - but I'm still making the argument that with Rondo, the team's ceiling is higher. In this case even with a healthy Rondo they weren't getting by the Heat the way Lebron is playing (unless maybe Wade got hurt). But I believe with Rondo they could have taken the Heat deep into a series again this year. Rondo's impact is in the playoffs more than the regular season in that sense. Last night I heard a Heat journalist (who has no vested interest in propping up Rondo) say that while the Celtics are the only team in the east that don't fear the Heat, he doesn't see how the Celtics can compete in a seven game series without Rondo who was "such a difference maker" in last year's series. 

If we give the Heat a series this year without Rondo I'll change my tune - though without a healthy KG there will be no way to do that so it may be a moot point. 

Of course we just gave the Heat a serious game but that was with a sensational performance by Jeff Green who has since thudded back down to his "baffling head case" status. I seriously doubt Jeff Green can be a difference maker over the course of a seven game series. 

Before the Rondo bashers get too worked up I still think Rondo should likely be traded next year if we can get a really good piece back, especially since Green is not looking like a Paul Pierce replacement anytime soon. Clearly with Rondo out we have seen that we have good guard depth and can afford to trade Rondo for another impact player - of course the catch is that Rondo is on a much better contract than most overpaid NBA players, and T Will has not shown he can be the point guard of the future like I was hoping, so we wouldn't have a true point if we traded Rondo, but I'd still support it. 

I realize that's a much more nuanced view on Rondo than most peeps on this forum can handle but so be it

Snake as far as the point of your post, which was not really about Rondo, agreed - the Celts are not a contender. That said at this point I'd rather they go deep into the playoffs than enter the lottery, as we're not likely to get a very good lottery pick anyhow and with a weak east, there is still a chance we can get to the conference finals so why not? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

Concord, did anyone think that when Rondo went down with a torn ACL that the team he was in the process of "leading" to an ongoing 0-6 streak would improve the moment he got hurt? Resoundingly, NO! aside from a few of us here who look at the team as a whole and don't just fixate on one "hero".......Did anyone think the C's would break out of that slump in the first game that he doesn't play in and beat the reigning NBA Champion Miami Heat, who are in the process of proving that they are one of the greatest teams of all time, and then go on to win 7-games in a row on top of it? The C's are not better on paper. WE ALL KNOW THAT! But ya know what most of us do with paper every day? We wipe our azzes with it! The C's are better on the court without Rondo, still. WE ALL SEE THAT! NOBODY ever said we were an NBA Championship caliber team. BUT WE DEFINITELY WEREN'T ONE WITH HIM EITHER! It has and is continuing to be proven that THE CELTICS PLAY BETTER BASKETBALL WITHOUT RONDO! 20-23 in the middle of 0-6, RR ACL, to 7-0 16-10 despite a present 0-4 duirng which they shoulda won 2. DAMN. FACTS ARE FACTS...HYPE IS HYPE! When I was a kid, I use to wonder why so many of the Harlem Globetrotters could be so good with the basketball, yet not be on an NBA team. Rondo has helped explain some of that to me duirng this last 1/2 a decade of watching him.......Go ahead! trash me!!!

Facts are facts, The iraq war started the day I was picking lint out of my belly button, so one can only conclude picking lint out of belly buttons causes war. Facts are facts.

Oh wait coorelation doesn't equal causation. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

Concord, did anyone think that when Rondo went down with a torn ACL that the team he was in the process of "leading" to an ongoing 0-6 streak would improve the moment he got hurt? Resoundingly, NO! aside from a few of us here who look at the team as a whole and don't just fixate on one "hero".......Did anyone think the C's would break out of that slump in the first game that he doesn't play in and beat the reigning NBA Champion Miami Heat, who are in the process of proving that they are one of the greatest teams of all time, and then go on to win 7-games in a row on top of it? The C's are not better on paper. WE ALL KNOW THAT! But ya know what most of us do with paper every day? We wipe our azzes with it! The C's are better on the court without Rondo, still. WE ALL SEE THAT! NOBODY ever said we were an NBA Championship caliber team. BUT WE DEFINITELY WEREN'T ONE WITH HIM EITHER! It has and is continuing to be proven that THE CELTICS PLAY BETTER BASKETBALL WITHOUT RONDO! 20-23 in the middle of 0-6, RR ACL, to 7-0 16-10 despite a present 0-4 duirng which they shoulda won 2. DAMN. FACTS ARE FACTS...HYPE IS HYPE! When I was a kid, I use to wonder why so many of the Harlem Globetrotters could be so good with the basketball, yet not be on an NBA team. Rondo has helped explain some of that to me duirng this last 1/2 a decade of watching him.......Go ahead! trash me!!!

Facts are facts, The iraq war started the day I was picking lint out of my belly button, so one can only conclude picking lint out of belly buttons causes war. Facts are facts.

Dude, really? Correlation IS REQUIRED in evaluating the effect of causal factors on any given situation. Its like saying "I can't see when I close my eyes, but I can when I open them." What causes that? Its opening and closing my eye lid. Rondo, in the C's stiatuion, would be the same as the eye lid would be in the seeing instance. The fact that you can't see with your eyes closed while your picking lint out of your belly button has nothing to do with that baction being CAUSAL FACTOR RELATED TO YOUR ABILITY TO SEE. The C's with or without Rondo, and seeing with the eye lid open or closed is relevant to their respective situations. Your belly button has no involvement in the Celtic's sitution, but RONDO DOES. The C's win more without Rondo on the floor this year. FACT, because we see what has happened with and without him. You sound really, really lost with that statment everytime you use it....I'm just lookin' out for ya man! Learn what you are trying to say before you open your mouth. NEXT TIME I'M GONNA HAVE TO CHARGE YOU! PLease, JTKL....Please stop. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Dude, really? Correlation is REQUIRED in evaluating the effect of a causal factor on a given situation. Its like saying "I can't see when I close my eyes, but I can when I open them." What causes that? Its opening and closing my eye lid. Rondo, in the C's stiatuion, would be the same as the eye lid would be in the seeing instance. The fact that you can't see with your eyes closed while your picking lint out of your belly button has nothing to do with that baction being CAUSAL FACTOR RELATED TO YOUR ABILITY TO SEE. The C's with or without Rondo, and seeing with the eye lid open or closed is relevant to their respective situations. Your belly button has no involvement in the Celtic's sitution, but RONDO DOES. The C's win more without Rondo on the floor this year. FACT, because we see what has happened with and without him. You sound really, really lost with that statment everytime you use it....I'm just lookin' out for ya man! Learn what you are trying to say before you open your mouth. NEXT TIME I'M GONNA HAVE TO CHARGE YOU! PLease, JTKL....You don't know who you are dealing with man. Please stop.

Rondo's injury and a slight improvement of perfomence are in fact coorated. YOUR OPINION is that the coorelation is conclusive evidence that lack of ROndo is the cause of the better play.. 

You ignore the following coorelations:

1) Jeff Green's doctor says he will get healthy around January February.

2) Teams often rally in the short term when one of their stars go down.

3) Doc changed the offense. 

4) Avery Bradley had only played 9-12 games (can't remember) with Rondo.

5) Courtney Lee and, And Jason Terry were new to the Celtics way and were just starting to get it.

6) Jared Sullinger also went down perhaps that is the cause.

All of these events coorealte with better play, just as Rondo injury does. The fact that you think it is Rondo doesn't make it so. You are entitled to beleive that, but don't act like you have some irrefutable proof. You don't you have what you beleive and you are welcome to it. I think you are wrong. And so do the people that matter. Danny and Doc. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Dude, really? Correlation is REQUIRED in evaluating the effect of a causal factor on a given situation. Its like saying "I can't see when I close my eyes, but I can when I open them." What causes that? Its opening and closing my eye lid. Rondo, in the C's stiatuion, would be the same as the eye lid would be in the seeing instance. The fact that you can't see with your eyes closed while your picking lint out of your belly button has nothing to do with that baction being CAUSAL FACTOR RELATED TO YOUR ABILITY TO SEE. The C's with or without Rondo, and seeing with the eye lid open or closed is relevant to their respective situations. Your belly button has no involvement in the Celtic's sitution, but RONDO DOES. The C's win more without Rondo on the floor this year. FACT, because we see what has happened with and without him. You sound really, really lost with that statment everytime you use it....I'm just lookin' out for ya man! Learn what you are trying to say before you open your mouth. NEXT TIME I'M GONNA HAVE TO CHARGE YOU! PLease, JTKL....You don't know who you are dealing with man. Please stop.

Rondo's injury and a slight improvement of perfomence are in fact coorated. YOUR OPINIONis that the coorelation is conclusive evidence that lack of ROndo is the cause of the better play.. 

5) Courtney Lee and, And Jason Terry were new to the Celtics way and were just starting to get it.

All of these events coorealte with better play, just as Rondo injury does. The fact that you think it is Rondo doesn't make it so. You are entitled to beleive that, but don't act like you have some irrefutable proof. You don't you have what you beleive and you are welcome to it. I think you are wrong. And so do the people that matter. Danny and Doc. 

The bottom line JT is that there are people on here who so dislike rondo that they will make ridiculos conclusions about this team's play since he has been out.   You are right that there are many factors that make up why a team is playing better or not but some don't see it and never will.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

Rondo's injury and a slight improvement of perfomence are in fact coorated. YOUR OPINIONis that the coorelation is conclusive evidence that lack of ROndo is the cause of the better play.. 

The bottom line JT is that there are people on here who so dislike rondo that they will make ridiculos conclusions about this team's play since he has been out.   You are right that there are many factors that make up why a team is playing better or not but some don't see it and never will.

Or, there are some here that are so in love with Rondo that they can't see the truth despiite what their own eyes are telling them. You are absolutely entitled to your opinion....lets leave it at that since Rondo won't be a factor, thank goodness, until at least next season, and maybe never again for the C's. Peace.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

Or, there are some here that are so in love with Rondo that they can't see the truth despiite what their own eyes are telling them. You are absolutely entitled to your opinion....lets leave it at that since Rondo won't be a factor, thank goodness, until at least next season, and maybe never again for the C's. Peace.

Well, we'll see whether he is a factor next year or not. One thing is for sure no oe ever changes their mind in these arguments. best.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Haven't been on all day. So you guys started talking about Rondo again.

Well I tried.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Snake,

As for the Celtics being a contender, they are not, IMO. They were on the fringes at the beginning of the season but after loosing  key players they way outside that group.

As for RR, it's kind of funny to listen to many posters here bashing and cussing Rondo just 9 months after his incredible performance in the palyoffs.

AK

It obviously impossible to talk about how the Celtics are playing without mentioning Rondo. That does not mean that Rondo is the reason for the teams success, or lack therof.

I brought up Rondo because he needs to be brought up in any discussion about the winning streak. But it isn't ABOUT Rondo.

It never has been. One way or the other.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Snake,

AK

It obviously impossible to talk about how the Celtics are playing without mentioning Rondo. That does not mean that Rondo is the reason for the teams success, or lack therof.

I brought up Rondo because he needs to be brought up in any discussion about the winning streak. But it isn't ABOUT Rondo.

Nicely done. An exercise of making one's point while still leaving enough wiggle room for plausible deniability. Like finally admitting frustration while purporting to be above the fray(chill). We knew it then and we know it now. Rondo's presense has proved to be superfluous. Everything else is smoke & mirrors. Good day.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to tomobo's comment:

Snake,

AK

Nicely done. An exercise of making one's point while still leaving enough wiggle room for plausible deniability. Like finally admitting frustration while purporting to be above the fray(chill). We knew it then and we know it now. Rondo's presense has proved to be superfluous. Everything else is smoke & mirrors. Good day.

I do agree I am good at this kind of thing.

You did well at avoiding the bait. Others were not so wise.

Hint...I don't care one way or the other about Rondo. I think he is a good, but very flawed player. I know it seems amazing. But it's true.

What I do care about is making Monkeys dance.  And there are a lot of anti-Rondo monkeys out there.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to tomobo's comment:

Snake,

AK

I do agree I am good at this kind of thing.

You did well at avoiding the bait. Others were not so wise.

Hint...I don't care one way or the other about Rondo. I think he is a good, but very flawed player. I know it seems amazing. But it's true.

What I do care about is making Monkeys dance.  And there are a lot of anti-Rondo monkeys out there.

I think we can safely assume that you are totally blase about Rondo. You can put the hammer down now. It sure seems to take a lot of tapping to make monkey's dance though. I just hope your shoes are polished...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Thanks for the bump.

Sections
Shortcuts