Dump Rondo, Sign Bledsoe?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

Dump Rondo, Sign Bledsoe?

I love Rondo. I think he's one of the best PG's in the league, and classifies in my "freaks of nature category". Guys also in that category: Magic, LeBron, Dream, etc. Not necessarily guys that are dominant, but guys that just WOW you with the things they can do with a basketball for the size they are. Magic's court vision for a PG at that size simply isnt fair. LeBron is basically a cheat code considering his size and skill set. Might have to throw Durant in there too. How many 6'10" guys can s[h]oot like he can? 

Anyway....bringing it back. Rondo qualifies because he's one of a handful of guys in the NBA that can get you a triple-double every single night (but angrily doesn't). I think you trade Rondo away with the plan on signing Eric Bledsoe, one of my favorite young guards in the NBA. You get a first rounder for Rondo and move on with a younger core. Pending what you draft, you could end up with a team that looks like this:

Bledsoe/Pressey (he's starting to win me over)
    Smart/Bradley/Wiggins/Exum (if you don't get number 1 and draft Embiid, any of these guys will do in the top 5)
    Green/Wallace
    Sully/Klynyk
    Humphries/FA or Draft Big

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJandHondo. Show KJandHondo's posts

Re: Dump Rondo, Sign Bledsoe?

I equally really do like Rondo and would have a hard time letting him go but if there’s a first available ideally in the lotto would be okay if it was in the 10-14 range,  especially if there was a good indication that we could get Bledsoe.  This is a guy that can score with the best of them but unlike Curry or Lillard who are All Stars, plays some of the Best defense in the NBA.  Traditionally at stat like opponents  FG% at the rim based on a defender is best used when analyzing bigs but its also useful in gaging any players effectiveness 1-1 and contesting shots.  With this stat, for players who average more than 20 minutes a game Bledsoe ranks 1st in the NBA at 33.8%FG on 3 FGA per game at the rim.  He also averages 1.5 steals a game and if you watch him plays competes on D every possession of the game. 

From a trade standpoint if the Celtics could get in a 3 team deal with SAC and MIN on the terms of:

BOS Receives: Ben McLemore,  Thompson, Gorgui Dieng (MIN 1st)

SAC Receives: Rondo

MIN Receives: Isaiah Thomas

I think every team benefits and if the Cs can get Bledsoe in the offseason is looking like

Bledsoe/Pressy

Bradley (resign?, sign and trade on draft night?) McLemore

Green/Wallace

Sully/KO

FA or trade or Draft?/Dieng/ Anthony

Picks top 5 probably, MIN pick 12-15, ATL pick 18-22?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to BiggerThanMyBrady's comment:

I love Rondo. I think he's one of the best PG's in the league, and classifies in my "freaks of nature category". Guys also in that category: Magic, LeBron, Dream, etc. Not necessarily guys that are dominant, but guys that just WOW you with the things they can do with a basketball for the size they are. Magic's court vision for a PG at that size simply isnt fair. LeBron is basically a cheat code considering his size and skill set. Might have to throw Durant in there too. How many 6'10" guys can s[h]oot like he can? 

Anyway....bringing it back. Rondo qualifies because he's one of a handful of guys in the NBA that can get you a triple-double every single night (but angrily doesn't). I think you trade Rondo away with the plan on signing Eric Bledsoe, one of my favorite young guards in the NBA. You get a first rounder for Rondo and move on with a younger core. Pending what you draft, you could end up with a team that looks like this:

Bledsoe/Pressey (he's starting to win me over)
    Smart/Bradley/Wiggins/Exum (if you don't get number 1 and draft Embiid, any of these guys will do in the top 5)
    Green/Wallace
    Sully/Klynyk
    Humphries/FA or Draft Big

Thoughts?

I like it, but I think The Suns are every bit aware as you are of Bledsoe's potential. Before he got hurt, he had them playing even better than they are currently. He probably could even fill the SG spot better than our own Bradley. Too bad we didn't get him w/ Doc's departure. Another case of bad luck in our storied history...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I don't like Rondo, but I think that the Suns will wind up matching any offer Bledsoe gets. I do the Sacramento/Minny trade in a heartbeat, but I don't think that the Wolves will give up a 1st rounder this year just for Thomas. And it would have to be this year's pick to make it worth Rondo.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Rondo plays, C's lose. Its happened the last 10 times in a row! 0-10 last 10 games with Rondo on the floor. Great leadership CAPTAIN! 

Sections
Shortcuts