Dwayne Wade is overrated.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Dwayne Wade is overrated.

Disagree.. Wade is an awesome talent. Unstopable and in the top 3 in the NBA without question imo.

I think teaming with the ballhog has hindered his game. He used to having the ball and creating... now Lebron has sliced 1/2 his game away. bad rythym for Wade and I think hes a bit upset about it too.

I cant understand why the Heat defer to Lebron.. Wade should handle the ball and basically become the PG on the team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

If Kobe played with Queen James, he wouldn't look any different then DWade, that's just what Queen does to a team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Re: Dwayne Wade is overrated.:
    [QUOTE]Disagree.. Wade is an awesome talent. Unstopable and in the top 3 in the NBA without question imo. I think teaming with the ballhog has hindered his game. He used to having the ball and creating... now Lebron has sliced 1/2 his game away. bad rythym for Wade and I think hes a bit upset about it too. I cant understand why the Heat defer to Lebron.. Wade should handle the ball and basically become the PG on the team.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

They all want to prove that they're "unselfish". They all made a point to announce to the world how they all "sacrificed" to bring this team together. But they didn't sacrifice enough to allow enough money to bring in a quality center or a real point guard. I guess Pat Riley just thought that those two needs would be filled by two more great players who would take "chump change" for the honor to win championships with the "new Big 3".

Erick Dampier?! Please.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

i wouldn't mind having wade on the celtics.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]Disagree.. Wade is an awesome talent. Unstopable and in the top 3 in the NBA without question imo. I think teaming with the ballhog has hindered his game. He used to having the ball and creating... now Lebron has sliced 1/2 his game away. bad rythym for Wade and I think hes a bit upset about it too. I cant understand why the Heat defer to Lebron.. Wade should handle the ball and basically become the PG on the team.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

DWade is a beast.  Karllost, you are correct.  LeBron has significantly taken away Wade's effectiveness.

It's amazing how much chemistry (or lack thereof) means to a team's success.

When the Celtics Big 3 came together in 2007, they came together immediately and started out with a record of 29 wins and 3 losses.  Looking back now, that was an amazing feat.  With the right "sacrifices", it CAN work.  But something is seriously wrong in Miami.  I truly wonder if this thing will ever work.

As out of sync as the Heat's Young 3 are, it gets even worse because they just have nobody else who can step up and make plays.  They are relying so much on players like Arroyo, House, Big Z, Anthony and Jones.  That team is in total disarray.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Wade is a great player. One of the leagues top 10. Bosh is over rated though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

It looked to me in last night's game that Wade had given up at some point and at the very least was hanging his head when the game was going bad for them..Not a very good quality in an alleged super star..I guess they don't make them like they used to..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fitz0527. Show fitz0527's posts

If anything he is underrated. He is rarely talked about with Kobe/LeBron/Durant but he is up there along with them.

He also spells his name Dwyane.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Dwade is a great player and is so versatile....good D when he wants to (see the Olympics), shoots a medium range J, can hit the 3 (although not his specialty) and can go to the hole with the best of them.  His only problem is that he's silly enough to think that playing with that one man "I'm the whole team" player called Lebron was going to help him.  He used to have the ball in his hands and is trying to learn how to get his shots while Lebron is dribbling for 15 to 20 seconds!

Kobe had that "I can do it all by myself" in his career for a couple of years then he learned to make his teammates better, he learned to have a post up game, and he learned not to pass as a last resort.  I'm not sure Lebron will ever learn that so DWADE is going to suffer for a while.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

Since all the hype and attention about the Heats, I have been watching Wade more closely, and have noticed that his defense is pretty bad.  He gambles alot and misses defensive assignments frequently, and sometimes appears asleep on defense. 

Also, he takes alot of bad shots and out-of-control-shots where he leaves his feet and has nowhere to go. 
    He also doesn't move well without the ball and is a bad spot-up-shooter.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StupidEediot. Show StupidEediot's posts

[QUOTE]If anything he is underrated. He is rarely talked about with Kobe/LeBron/Durant but he is up there along with them. He also spells his name Dwyane.
    Posted by fitz0527[/QUOTE]

Umm... you just named 3 players that beat Wade in 3pt/deep shooting and rebounding.  Give James another year or 2 and all three will also probably beat Wade in free throw shooting.

Wade is basically a bigger Iverson.  He put up big numbers holding the ball for 15 seconds of every possession and running into people inside.  He suddenly becomes quite normal if he doesn't get the ball all the time and refs don't give blocking calls on his ludicrous drives.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dwayne Wade is overrated. : DWade is a beast.  Karllost, you are correct.  LeBron has significantly taken away Wade's effectiveness. It's amazing how much chemistry (or lack thereof) means to a team's success. When the Celtics Big 3 came together in 2007, they came together immediately and started out with a record of 29 wins and 3 losses.  Looking back now, that was an amazing feat.  With the right "sacrifices", it CAN work.  But something is seriously wrong in Miami.  I truly wonder if this thing will ever work. As out of sync as the Heat's Young 3 are, it gets even worse because they just have nobody else who can step up and make plays.  They are relying so much on players like Arroyo, House, Big Z, Anthony and Jones.  That team is in total disarray.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Petey, you may have just coined a phrase that could stick... the Young 3 .. lol

Its got a certain "slap in the face" about it. Good stuff haha

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

I think the big difference between Boston's "big 3" and Miami's "big 3" is the general attitude.  Allen and Garnett came to Boston and both said it was still Pierce's team.  When they got on the court they showed that they were more about winning a title than proving anything.  You had 3 veterans who had all shared a common frustration - not being on a title bound team.

In Miami you have Wade, who had won a title, and LeBron, who couldn't take his team the distance.  LeBron only wants a title to add to his marketabillity.  Look at how long Garnett stayed loyal to Minnesota vs. LeBron's antics in Cleveland.  Look at the ridiculous fanfare around Miami's big 3.  This is about image, not substance. 

I think they'll find a way to come together and get pretty deep into the playoffs, but I'm enjoying this right now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Well said, jofc.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

Hahaha, I hate giving the Celtics accolades, but really, that first year of Garnett/Pierce/Allen, man - what a team.  Reminded me of the 99/00 Lakers.  The determination Shaq had was very much like what the Big 3 had. 

Coincidentally, both teams struggled through the post-season as well, but then won convincingly in the Finals.  Both won 4-2.  I remember the Lakers beat Indiana, but for the life fo me I can't remember who Boston beat.  Ahem. Cry

Sections
Shortcuts