Dwight for Rondo?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Re: Dwight for Rondo?

Coming up on ESPN shortly ....

I'm not a big fan of DH after all that's gone down but if this were to happen then Danny would need to flip an unprotected pick into a PG.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I've suggested we trade Rondo for Howard a while back. If this trade were to happen, i could see us winning it all this year. When used in the right way Howard would give the Heat fits!! Howard and KG together, who from the Heat could guard them? 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

It is a better fit for both teams

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

I've suggested we trade Rondo for Howard a while back. If this trade were to happen, i could see us winning it all this year. When used in the right way Howard would give the Heat fits!! Howard and KG together, who from the Heat could guard them? 

No you couldn't Howard is injured and is not likely to be right all year.    

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to kyceltic's comment:

No you couldn't Howard is injured and is not likely to be right all year.    

Start feeding him the ball down low, and he'll forget all about his injury!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

Its still on the CBS Sports front page.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/21710534/whats-right-for-dwight-will-lakers-deal-howard

However, CBSSports.com has learned that the Lakers have engaged in preliminary trade discussions with an unlikely trade partner regarding Howard: their fierce rival, the Boston Celtics. The centerpieces of the possible deal, which hasn't gained any traction, would be Howard and Rajon Rondo.

The imagination runs rampant with the tantalizing possibilities.

Other significant pieces would have to be involved, since Rondo's $11 million salary is substantially less than Howard's $19.5 million. If the Lakers dealt Howard for an All-Star point guard who is out for the rest of the season following ACL surgery, they'd effectively be throwing in the towel on this miserable, underachieving season and looking to next year.

The Celtics would be going all-in for a quick rebuild centered around Howard, with the hopes they could find a point guard in the draft or in free agency to capably run their offense – which they've managed to do in Rondo's absence anyway. Celtics president Danny Ainge has flirted with several trade possibilities for Rondo over the years, and the point guard's hyper-competitive drive and strong personality have proved difficult for coach Doc Rivers to manage.

Only if Howard is signed....AND only if this deal is coupled with sending KG to the Clippers for Bledsoe and Jordan.  Then send Rondo and Jordan to LA for Howard - I don't think Rondo alone would net Howard.  Then trade Pierce....and BOOM!  Quickie rebuild.  I LOVE the idea of a Bledsoe/Bradley backcourt - that's a defensively suffocating backcourt.  This is what you have to do in the NBA - take big risks.  If it doesn't work, I wouldn't fault Danny for trying.  You've got to avoid the middle ground at all costs in the NBA - that leads to years of oblivion.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Richard1965. Show Richard1965's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

TIL that CBS Sports is as reputable as the Onion

LOL....it's all just talk.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Richard1965. Show Richard1965's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/21710534/whats-right-for-dwight-will-lakers-deal-howard

However, CBSSports.com has learned that the Lakers have engaged in preliminary trade discussions with an unlikely trade partner regarding Howard: their fierce rival, the Boston Celtics. The centerpieces of the possible deal, which hasn't gained any traction, would be Howard and Rajon Rondo.

The imagination runs rampant with the tantalizing possibilities.

Other significant pieces would have to be involved, since Rondo's $11 million salary is substantially less than Howard's $19.5 million. If the Lakers dealt Howard for an All-Star point guard who is out for the rest of the season following ACL surgery, they'd effectively be throwing in the towel on this miserable, underachieving season and looking to next year.

The Celtics would be going all-in for a quick rebuild centered around Howard, with the hopes they could find a point guard in the draft or in free agency to capably run their offense – which they've managed to do in Rondo's absence anyway. Celtics president Danny Ainge has flirted with several trade possibilities for Rondo over the years, and the point guard's hyper-competitive drive and strong personality have proved difficult for coach Doc Rivers to manage.

Only if Howard is signed....AND only if this deal is coupled with sending KG to the Clippers for Bledsoe and Jordan.  Then send Rondo and Jordan to LA for Howard - I don't think Rondo alone would net Howard.  Then trade Pierce....and BOOM!  Quickie rebuild.  I LOVE the idea of a Bledsoe/Bradley backcourt - that's a defensively suffocating backcourt.  This is what you have to do in the NBA - take big risks.  If it doesn't work, I wouldn't fault Danny for trying.  You've got to avoid the middle ground at all costs in the NBA - that leads to years of oblivion.

Lots of moving parts to make this happen.  Talk about a team facelift...geez.  I still don't believe the talks are anything but exploratory.  Make me a believer Danny boy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

man idk...that would be something. I think Dwight would be revamped in Boston (where hed actually get the basketball) and would make us legitimate title contenders..but then you fear him leaving in the offseason...and i just dont know if u take that risk with Rondo.

Lakers have wanted Rondo for awhile, btw. Kobe absolutely loves him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to damfuno's comment:

In response to BCSP's comment:

If the C's are going to trade RR, I rather see him go to the Kings for T. Evans and J. Thompson. The salaries match, and Thompson is signed long term. 

Three issues with DH: 1) he is not healthy 2) he is a head case 3) he is a UFA at the end of the season!

you forgot #4 he cannot shoot foul shots.........the hack a dwight rule comes into effect

YES! Why is everyone overlooking these 4 hard truths?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

It won't happen because Rondo does not move the needle enough for the Lakers at this time. They are still stuck with Nash and no Rondo for a year.  Gasol I predict won't be back this year and the Lakers will gamble that Howard will stay.  They will trade after the season if they have to. 

The good news is that Nash was an incredibly desperate and destructive move for Lakers.  All those picks will likely be mid to lottery level.  It makes a Celtics fan smile.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

dwight didn't look right against us. looked like a shadow of his former self. i'd do rondo and trash for howard, but not rondo and green or anything like that.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

good to know you guys have a bug in Danny's office, or perhaps know him so well that keeps you all up to date about who is talking to and what's goining to happen or not.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I'm not sure how I feel about this "rumor" trade.

If we get Howard I think the plan would be to lure Josh Smith in the offseason to help resign Howard. I'm not sure Ainge would need assurances that Howard resigns. Getting Howard right now would put us right there to beat the HEAT. KG and Howard would be too much for the HEAT inside.

As for giving up Rondo, well we already have AB and Lee so our PG poision going forward is ok.,

Now imagine next year AB, Lee, Green, Smith and Howard starting. PP would probably want to come back and KG would as well...both of them coming off the bench with Sully.

Now that's a quick makeover of a team that can compete for a title for the next 4 years.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

I'm not sure how I feel about this "rumor" trade.

If we get Howard I think the plan would be to lure Josh Smith in the offseason to help resign Howard. I'm not sure Ainge would need assurances that Howard resigns. Getting Howard right now would put us right there to beat the HEAT. KG and Howard would be too much for the HEAT inside.

As for giving up Rondo, well we already have AB and Lee so our PG poision going forward is ok.,

Now imagine next year AB, Lee, Green, Smith and Howard starting. PP would probably want to come back and KG would as well...both of them coming off the bench with Sully.

Now that's a quick makeover of a team that can compete for a title for the next 4 years.

Howard assures beating no one as his year in Los Angeles clearly attests to.  Howard never could beat Miami or the Celtics before as well.  Howard with all his injuries and surgeries has a far more uncertain future than Rondo.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

I've seen no indication that Howard is going to return to his former glory (some have said he's lost his explosiveness). Rondo may. In my opinion, Rondo is the lesser of the two evils with these clowns. U guys really want Howard coming in here, either toying with, or trying to run this franchise like he has with Orlando and L.A.? I know this league is full of egos, but this guy is above and beyond. I personally don't think he'ld respect the uniform or our tradition, do you guys? He's a clown with a traveling circus..... in my opinion.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from KennCelt53. Show KennCelt53's posts

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:

I've seen no indication that Howard is going to return to his former glory (some have said he's lost his explosiveness). Rondo may. In my opinion, Rondo is the lesser of the two evils with these clowns. U guys really want Howard coming in here, either toying with, or trying to run this franchise like he has with Orlando and L.A.? I know this league is full of egos, but this guy is above and beyond. I personally don't think he'ld respect the uniform or our tradition, do you guys? He's a clown with a traveling circus..... in my opinion.

Are you saying he's not a Celtic by nature?