DWIGHT HOWARD INJURY

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

DWIGHT HOWARD INJURY

Anyone have any thoughts on the injury to Dwight Howard.  I expect that they will struggle for the remainder of the season and into the playoffs if Dwight doesn't return and is able to contribute.  Even if he isn't 100%, he has to return to at least 80%.  What does everyone think?  Orlando could end up as a lower seed to end the season. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Re: DWIGHT HOWARD INJURY

without Howard, they are done......

looks like the Lakers came out on top after hoping to aquire him for the past two years....In my opinion, Bynum is now the best big man in the game...while he doesn't quite match Howard on defense or rebounding wise, he more than makes up for it with his offensive skills....and he is not a liability when he is fouled late in the games....

as Kobe begins to fade, Bynum is taking over....it remains to be seen if that will result in a championship....it certainly hasn't happened in Orlando....and the league is now a "point guard" and speed driven league...as with our Celtic team, the Lakers will need to get much younger...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: DWIGHT HOWARD INJURY:
    [QUOTE]without Howard, they are done...... looks like the Lakers came out on top after hoping to aquire him for the past two years....In my opinion, Bynum is now the best big man in the game...while he doesn't quite match Howard on defense or rebounding wise, he more than makes up for it with his offensive skills....and he is not a liability when he is fouled late in the games.... as Kobe begins to fade, Bynum is taking over....it remains to be seen if that will result in a championship....it certainly hasn't happened in Orlando....and the league is now a "point guard" and speed driven league...as with our Celtic team, the Lakers will need to get much younger...
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

Agree that this year Bynum hasn't been injured and is better than Howard.   Howard's injury and the extent of his injury is definitely going to determine his future.  He might be fine by next season, but with a back injury you can never be sure.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Orlando may now regret on not trading Howard!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Just read up on  Howard's injury.  Partially herniated disc in his lower back (couldn't find out what disc, but since it's lower back, it's gotta be a lumbar disc).
    Right now, my guess is they're treating it with rest, NSAIDS or cortisone, then therapy.
    Short term prognosis sucks.  Count him out for the remainder of the regular season, at the least.  Without Howard, Orlando's taking an early vacation this year.
    Long term prognosis could be anything from  NP next year to periodically flaring up to surgery.
    One of the worst things that could happen to Howard as he's moving into free agency. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I just find it interesting, that this "injury" coincided with the recent, I let the cat out, oops, debacle.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Howard is overrated

When the offense has to run thru him, it's slower and stupider than it has to be, know what I mean ?

Howard would be #2 to Rondo on the Celtics is what I'm saying...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]I just find it interesting, that this "injury" coincided with the recent, I let the cat out, oops, debacle.
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]
    conspiracy theorists abound

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to DWIGHT HOWARD INJURY:
    [QUOTE]Anyone have any thoughts on the injury to Dwight Howard.  I expect that they will struggle for the remainder of the season and into the playoffs if Dwight doesn't return and is able to contribute.  Even if he isn't 100%, he has to return to at least 80%.  What does everyone think?  Orlando could end up as a lower seed to end the season. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]
    with or without DH, they are DONE! they are the classic one and done. stan and jeff on the mic together will be must-listen broadcasts next season on ABC/espn! DH destroyed this team. people get injured, i think dwight forgot about that, thats y you do the max deal when you can and keep your team united. obviously, his aim was to bend stan over! DH is the classic passive-aggressive man-child!

btw susan, can't wait to see magic-bird either. Notice its not bord-magic? magic was BETTER but i digress. kind of like hall and oates. the reviews and turn out have been awesome, usually broadways is about 35-65 hip women going with their galpals, now you have a lot of brothas and other men taking their sons to share in their heroes and life stories.. at 40-200 bucks, its cheaper in some ways than going to a ballgame nowadays.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DWIGHT HOWARD INJURY : Agree that this year Bynum hasn't been injured and is better than Howard.   Howard's injury and the extent of his injury is definitely going to determine his future.  He might be fine by next season, but with a back injury you can never be sure.   
    I am sorry no way Bynum is better than Howard.  Howard will be back and Bynum will not dominate as people are suggesting.  

Howard  will get  traded now and the team that gets him will get him for a cheaper price. Hopefully it could be the Celtics. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DWIGHT HOWARD INJURY : I am sorry no way Bynum is better than Howard.  Howard will be back and Bynum will not dominate as people are suggesting.   Howard  will get  traded now and the team that gets him will get him for a cheaper price. Hopefully it could be the Celtics. 
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I hope that you are right about Howard.  I hope that he fully recovers and is 100% next season.  I would hate to see another dominant big man have to retire, (similar to what happened to Yao).  Yao was always a favorite of many NBA fans.  It may be a while before we find out if Howard fully recovers.  If not, then Bynum will be the best center in the league.  Of course, in a couple of years it will probably be Anthony Davis. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

I thought Boston fans believed that Steimy was the best center in the game. Go figure.

Laughing

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stackgtr. Show stackgtr's posts

I was wondering is this was a blessing from the basketball god's. Isnt it possible for the magic to finish fifth behind us making them our first round opponent?? Us against a dwight-less magic team could be just the break we need going into the second round.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]I was wondering is this was a blessing from the basketball god's. Isnt it possible for the magic to finish fifth behind us making them our first round opponent?? Us against a dwight-less magic team could be just the break we need going into the second round.
    Posted by stackgtr[/QUOTE]

Orlando will probably lose to whomever they play in the first round.  Unless Howard is back, I don't see them beating any playoff team without him. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I'm no more afraid of atlanta than I am of a howard-less orlando, to be honest.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]Is Howard faking it? I guess we will find out after the season if he asks to be traded.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

It's pretty hard to fake a disk injury.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to DWIGHT HOWARD INJURY:
    [QUOTE]Anyone have any thoughts on the injury to Dwight Howard.  I expect that they will struggle for the remainder of the season and into the playoffs if Dwight doesn't return and is able to contribute.  Even if he isn't 100%, he has to return to at least 80%.  What does everyone think?  Orlando could end up as a lower seed to end the season. 

I think he will soon re-up with ORL for a max deal, Van Gundy will be fired, Turkoglu and Nelson will be traded, and next year ORL will be a Top 3 team in the East!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

This should be moved to Around the NBA.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

everyone who was in the howard sweepstakes is breathing a sigh of relief for not acquiring him. howard and the magic are kicking themselves for not striking while the iron was hot. depending on the severity of his disc problems, he could be anywhere from less effective to completely done. may never be the same player though. remember larry bird's back problems?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Dwight Howard is having surgery today.  It will be interesting to see how long it takes him to recover and how effective he can be next season.  This could be disastrous for Orlando. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

The devil is in the details with these kinds of injuries.
    Which lumbar disc, the degree of herniation (measured in mm), the procedure they elect to have, the  skill of the surgeon.
    Anywhere from Superman to Clark Kent next season.
    As he's out for the remainder of the season, recovery time is no longer an issue.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]This should be moved to Around the NBA.
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]
    YOU should be moved to Around the NBA.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DWIGHT HOWARD INJURY : YOU should be moved to Around the NBA.
    Posted by basketbert[/QUOTE]
    +1

Sections
Shortcuts