DWIGHT HOWARD is a LOSER! but will part with Rondo to get a piece of him though!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re: DWIGHT HOWARD is a LOSER! but will part with Rondo to get a piece of him though!

isn't DH's back hurting?

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: DWIGHT HOWARD is a LOSER! but will part with Rondo to get a piece of him though!

Your sources?  Espn?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Two hurt players being traded for one another....there is a chance.

Ok so I think there is a 60% chance this happens.

For LA - They would have to basically say "we're giving up" for this year and we are going into next year with Rondo-KB-Gasol as our big 3.

For Boston - They are saying we are all in for this last run. PP-Howard-KG make one run. If they cannot resign Howard it give Ainge a ton of cap space to work a deal. He could also trade PP in the offseason. If they can resign Howard then he helps to land Josh Smith.

I think it's worth giving up Rondo for the possibility to win a title AND resign Howard AND/OR get cap space. There are too many upsides. If they get past Miami they could beat any team out West.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

CommContr....doesn't need sources.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

CommContr....doesn't need sources.

a bottle of jim beam....that's the source.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Two hurt players being traded for one another....there is a chance.

Ok so I think there is a 60% chance this happens.

For LA - They would have to basically say "we're giving up" for this year and we are going into next year with Rondo-KB-Gasol as our big 3.

For Boston - They are saying we are all in for this last run. PP-Howard-KG make one run. If they cannot resign Howard it give Ainge a ton of cap space to work a deal. He could also trade PP in the offseason. If they can resign Howard then he helps to land Josh Smith.

I think it's worth giving up Rondo for the possibility to win a title AND resign Howard AND/OR get cap space. There are too many upsides. If they get past Miami they could beat any team out West.

=====================================

I have posted this elsewhere. I agree with your analysis. Lakers cannot win this year with Howard albeit hurt, he's still playable for the "C's & his feelings maybe hurt more than his body being in LA. Nash will be yet another year older so Rondo coming aboard and, gambling, of course, that he'll be just as effective as he has been, will allow Nash to come off the bench. As was evidenced in the Allstar game, much credit for great play was given to the guards, Paul & Irving. Rondo is not in their class & will never be I think. Our draft then needs to concentrate on getting a PG/SG .

Getting rid of Rondo we stop the KG & PP trade rumors and let them retire in Green. We are 8-1 wittout Rondo & we are doing it without winning rebound battles but by playing great defense. Vs. the Bulls last week we got outrebounded 49-39 so they had 10 extra chances but we made them commit 22 turnovers which are extra chances for us(don't know how many we had) but we had to be + as both teams shot 37%. Win or break even on rebounds we'd won by 10+ pts.

Ok, I realize Rondo is injured so someone taking him does it on the come as the Dodgers did last year taking injured Carl Crawford from the Red Sox.

I think DW and then KG together in the paint and he is the best PF with great accuracy 5-15 feet out would be a great duo like Bynum & Gasol were.

I am not in love with DeAndre Jordan as a Center as not a Cousins or Gortat even so I too like Rondo for Dwight Howard. He isn't playing well as in Orlando and has been injured but I feel it is because he's not happy in LA LA land and not too many enjoy playing with egomaniac Kobe. If we can be assured of a long term commitment from DH, I'd do it. Nice to get JJ Redick too somehow and hopefully a Bass & lee  trade would do it !!! We get Sully back, a PF but strong rebounder, keep Wicox too a good rebounder and have time to see if Melo develops.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

KG totally dislikes DH and I wonder if THAT might be just what KG needs to waive his no-trade clause.  KG calls him a clown every time the Celtics play against Howard and I'm not sure his feelings towards him will change if he became a Celtic.

I believe getting DH would facilitate us possibly getting Bledsoe (and Butler) too as part of a package for KG.

And all that leaves is trading PP to Atlanta for Josh Smith.  We could end up with DH, Bledsoe and Smith in essence for Rondo, KG and PP.  At least we get younger and extremely more athletic.  Can you imagine a frontline of Smith, Howard and Green?  I like it.

Talk about breaking up the whole thing.  As much as I want to see PP retire a Celtic (as I do KG), it just might not be the best thing long-term for the Celtics future.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

Hahaha Jimmy Beam is a very reliable source.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:

KG totally dislikes DH and I wonder if THAT might be just what KG needs to waive his no-trade clause.  KG calls him a clown every time the Celtics play against Howard and I'm not sure his feelings towards him will change if he became a Celtic.

I believe getting DH would facilitate us possibly getting Bledsoe (and Butler) too as part of a package for KG.

And all that leaves is trading PP to Atlanta for Josh Smith.  We could end up with DH, Bledsoe and Smith in essence for Rondo, KG and PP.  At least we get younger and extremely more athletic.  Can you imagine a frontline of Smith, Howard and Green?  I like it.

Talk about breaking up the whole thing.  As much as I want to see PP retire a Celtic (as I do KG), it just might not be the best thing long-term for the Celtics future.

=====================================

Petey....many comments about DW being a loser or overrated. Keep in mind that he brought Orlando into playoffs almost single handedly as there were no other superstars on their team. I'm sure with the "C's he'd be invigorated getting away from LA LA land and Kobe. Whatever KG's feeling toward DH, bite your tongue KG and provide some guidance. With DH, unless KG and PP are traded to the Clippers, they have the best chance to win another ring and retire as Ray Lewis did with the Ravens. Or the other trades you recommend to get Bledsoe and Smith and, I suggest, JJ Redick too would make us the teams to beat in both conferences.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I agree about the comments about Howard but they are, to some degree, valid.  He went to the finals with a loaded Orlando team.  Actually Orlando has always had decent talent, enough to make the playoffs.  Honestly, I think he simply got tired in Orlando.  They had players playing in their primes (Hedo, Lewis, Jameer, Lee, Pietrus, etc.) and they played the perfect inside out game.

I would hope KG would bite his tongue and become the mentor but you never know.  I also believe DH would not have to worry about getting enough touches in Boston.  He would be a major offensive focus.  He would definitely be looked to lighten the loads of everyone.

I like the front line of DH, KG and PP with Green coming off the bench.  If all we do (major) is trade Rondo for DH and then add some complimentary parts through buyouts, etc, I'd take that for the rest of the season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I think Howard would enjoy playing for Doc. Doc would run the offense through Howard. The way the team is moving the ball it's worth the rental. When the offseason comes, the C's would go to Howard and tell him they are trying to pursue Josh Smith and if he still doesn't resign Ainge can pull off a S&T.

So this could be Rondo & Bass turning into Howard alone or Howard and Smith or a S&T or ton of cap space.

That's too much upside for the C's. I would say goodbye to Rondo & Bass.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

The guy who walks on water in LA has spoken. He strongly influenced Shaq's departure so why not DH ?

Kobe OK with a Howard trade:

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/02/19/13/Sources-Kobe-OK-with-Howard-trade/msn_landing.html?blockID=866195&feedID=3725

Sections
Shortcuts