Dwight Howard talks about leaving Orlando

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

Dwight Howard talks about leaving Orlando

A few weeks ago the rumor floated was that Dwight would be willing to play for the Clippers.
    Last week Dwight was open to discussing possibly playing for the Celtics.
    Yesterday, he was talking baout playing for the Bulls.

"If I could play with Derrick right now and God wanted that to happen, it will happen," Howard told the newspaper. "It has nothing to do with me not wanting to play with Derrick Rose. I love him. That's my brother."

How many times in the last 6 months has Dwight talked about staying with the Magic? None that I can think of.

It looks like his teammates have already mentally moved on and it looks like Dwight is right there with them. At least Dwight can still get the job done on the court even when his mind and heart are not with the Magic.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: Dwight Howard talks about leaving Orlando

GinaM, I saw that and was somewhat confused (like DH seems to be).  I thought his list was the Lakers, Clippers and Mavs but then references to the Celtics and Bulls.  Crazy!

I don't think DH knows where he wants to go and honestly, I'm not so sure Orlando has any idea where they are going to move him to before the trade deadline.  There is no doubt, he has to be moved.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

In Response to Re: Dwight Howard talks about leaving Orlando:
    [QUOTE]GinaM, I saw that and was somewhat confused (like DH seems to be).  I thought his list was the Lakers, Clippers and Mavs but then references to the Celtics and Bulls.  Crazy! I don't think DH knows where he wants to go and honestly, I'm not so sure Orlando has any idea where they are going to move him to before the trade deadline.  There is no doubt, he has to be moved.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

I agree that Dwight needs to be moved.
    Orlando also needs to move as many bad contracts as possible.
    (Turkoglu, Nelson, Duhon, Davis).
    They have a poor mix of players on their team.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

F34,

That is reasonable but I doubt Orlando would make that trade.
    1) As of June 30th, they might have only Johnson and mid/late 1st round picks to show for Dwight. I doubt that is enough for them.
    2) The Magic owners seem to have quite a bit of money. They are looking to shed bad contracts but not if it means they get back no starting NBA players.
    3) Orlando has already said that they are looking for established players for Dwight and are not looking to rebuild through young players and draft picks. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]GinaM, I saw that and was somewhat confused (like DH seems to be).  I thought his list was the Lakers, Clippers and Mavs but then references to the Celtics and Bulls.  Crazy! I don't think DH knows where he wants to go and honestly, I'm not so sure Orlando has any idea where they are going to move him to before the trade deadline.  There is no doubt, he has to be moved.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Agree, DH does not know where he wants to go.  That's not surprising. If I were looking for a new job, I'd be open to many new markets as long as they were winners.  He's open to more and more places as he sees more winners and as he gets more and more frustrated in Orlando (any good destination to get out, huh?).  Nothing wrong with that.

But, Orlando likely has the greatest leverage later in the trading season.  While fans (and Howard) want the trade now, Orlando is likely smart and knows that teams will be more desperate at the last minute so they'll wait for offers and take the best one as they all start to bid against each other just before trade deadline.  No one is going to offer Orlando their best deal right now.

See the Carmelo trade for just how good of a strategy that was for Denver.  They literally took the knicks to the cleaners!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]If Orlando wants to move bad contracts then the Celtics are the team they're looking for.  The Magic want to move Turkoglu, Nelson, and Duhon?  Here's the solution: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7nfl5fm http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=756vjjl Celts get - DH, Turkoglu, Nelson, and Duhon Magic get - KG, Ray, JO, and JaJuan Johnson or Dooling plus 2 1st round draft picks
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Of course, only if he would agree to an extension!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

The link is an article which has an updated list of teams that Dwight is willing to play for.

http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2012/01/30/nba-teams-dwight-howard-would-play-for/

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Reason Howard like the Bulls is that the Bulls are already a young team compare Boston are an aging team.  Howard know that he still would love to play for the Celtics, but he is afraid to see what kind of a team the Celtics will have next year!!!  Bulls are more likely going to keep alot of people!!!  Howard wanted to make sure he can have at least two other talent players around him. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dwight Howard talks about leaving Orlando : You said the Magic wanted to shed contracts. JO, KG, and Ray would be shedding 38m at the end of the season.  The Magic and Nets were close to a deal before Brook Lopez got hurt. The Nets were offering Brook Lopez and 2 1st round picks. So it's not true that the Magic are looking for established players. Remember, when the Magic lost Shaq they recovered when they got the #1 overall pick in 2004. 

The link shows what the Magic are looking to get in a trade for Dwight. (Not draft picks).
    In that Brook Lopez trade, Orlando would have also received Stephen Jackson from Portland and maybe another veteran.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/feed/2012-01/dwight-howard/story/dwight-howard-trade-orlando-magic-otis-smith-lakers

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Watch out for DAL - Odom, Beubois and Terry, plus a draft pick.  OR Haywood, Beaubois and Terry with  a draft pick!!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dwight Howard talks about leaving Orlando : What are you talking about? Stephen Jackson never played for Portland. The Magic will never get equal value for DH, never! And the Magic can never dump the salaries of Nelson, Turkoglu, and Duhon on one team except the Celtics. That's what you said, right? How many teams out there can take back 38m and be able to give the Magic 38m worth of expiring contracts?

That is pushing it - I think if they get rid of Hedo they would be happy.  KG is the only player I would trade DH for at this moment!!  Nelson is reasonable, but Duhon never plays.  They can't expect any team to take on 38 mill in bad contracts just to get him...................or maybe they think that's the closest thing to "equal value".  But, if that is the case....NO draft picks!!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dwight Howard talks about leaving Orlando : We take all their bad contracts, worth 38m, and we give them 2 1st round draft picks. Even you think we're giving up too much, right?

In this case, yes!  No one left to play with!!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

My bad, Stephen Jackson of Charlotte.

Orlando's main goal in not to dump salaries.
    It is to first get the most value for Dwight, then worry about dumping salaries.

Orlando will not get equal value for DH.
    If I was Orlando I would take a package of Bynum/Ebanks/Blake/2 1st round picks for Howard/Nelson/Duhon over your expiring contracts/1st round picks trade proposal.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dwight Howard talks about leaving Orlando : If Orlando and Boston did what I proposed then the Celts would look like this: C - DH PF - Bass SF - Pierce SG - Pietrus PG - Rondo 6th - Nelson 7th - Turkoglu 8th - Wilcox 9th - Bradley 10th - Stiemsma 11th - Moore

Yuck!

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dwight Howard talks about leaving Orlando : Bynum? After what DH did to Bynum when the Lakers visited the Magic this season, I don't think so. Ha Ha

Bynum was in foul trouble against Orlando.
    Orlando might not want Bynum and I think that is fine with LA.
    They would be happy with him on their team long term or they can trade him for a pg. If LA can get Sessions and don't get Howard or Deron, they can use picks/remaining trade exception to pick up another player at the trade deadline.
    Or LA can keep the picks and take their chances with Sessions if they get him.

I know that Orlando will not trade Dwight to Dallas for their used junk. Trading Haywood is laughable for Dallas. He will be amnestied about 2 seconds after the amnesty period begins.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]Ebanks and Blake? Really? Ha Ha Like I said, there's no team out there, except the Celts, can give the Magic 38m worth of expiring contracts. Steve Blake has a bad contract. Ugh!

Did you read the article I attached that Orlando does not want expiring contracts? Once Dwight leaves what free agents are going to knock their door down wanting to play there? So silly...