Dwight Howard to Knicks rumor

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

Dwight Howard to Knicks rumor

There are rumors out there today about the Magic trading Dwight and Turkoglu to NYK for Amare and Chandler. Who knows if there is any basis behind this rumor, but it does show that Orlando will look to trade Dwight before the trade deadline.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Dwight Howard to Knicks rumor

In Response to Dwight Howard to Knicks rumor:
    [QUOTE]There are rumors out there today about the Magic trading Dwight and Turkoglu to NYK for Amare and Chandler. Who knows if there is any basis behind this rumor, but it does show that Orlando will look to trade Dwight before the trade deadline.
    Posted by GinaM1977[/QUOTE]

That seems like a possibility.  Amare and Carmelo can't really exist on the same team.   The Knicks would become a much better team with Dwight instead of Chandler, (not saying that Chandler isn't a good player).  I still don't think that this trade would benefit Orlando.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

In Response to Re: Dwight Howard to Knicks rumor:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Dwight Howard to Knicks rumor : That seems like a possibility.  Amare and Carmelo can't really exist on the same team.   The Knicks would become a much better team with Dwight instead of Chandler, (not saying that Chandler isn't a good player).  I still don't think that this trade would benefit Orlando.  
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

Orlando is looking to secure long term contracts which Amare and Chandler have. Amare will play better not being with Carmelo because he rarely sees the ball. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

This trade idea makes some sense. The Knicks are a poorly built team right now. I dont think they ever really wanted Amare. They signed him after striking out with Lebron, Wade, Bosh, and Johnson. It was a knee jerk reaction because they had salary cap money, but no star willing to accept it. If this trade does not go down, I expect some move involving Amare to happen at the deadline.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]This trade idea makes some sense. The Knicks are a poorly built team right now. I dont think they ever really wanted Amare. They signed him after striking out with Lebron, Wade, Bosh, and Johnson. It was a knee jerk reaction because they had salary cap money, but no star willing to accept it. If this trade does not go down, I expect some move involving Amare to happen at the deadline.
    Posted by Accension13[/QUOTE]

Agree with you that Amare will be traded.  The Knicks are struggling currently and it makes sense to trade him.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

I would think that Chandler would be pissed if this happens. However, if it does go through, then you've got to give it to the Knicks for doing anything to help the team. As much as DA talks about Red's shortsighted loyalty, I don't think DA could make this trade.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Of course, this would only happen if DH agrees to the full 5 yr extension, otherwise it is a ridiculous trade.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dwight Howard to Knicks rumor : The January 1 deadline to get a max deal has passed. If DH is going to be traded now he's not going to get the max.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

WOW - I didn't know that!!  Makes me think more than ever he is going nowhere!!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

I didn't make this up. You can read it for yourself.
    This makes me think that Dwight will be traded.
    Will Orlando let a Shaq 2 happen to them? Ugh!!!
    No way Jose.

Why would they take the chance of letting him leave?
    It is better to take back Amare and Chandler then get nada.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dwight Howard to Knicks rumor : Again, mouth bigger than brain.  The Magic have a shot at the Finals this year. If you were Otis Smith and you were told that if you don't trade DH you will get a championship but ending up losing DH after the season. Would you rather have Amare and Chandler for the next 4 years without a title? Or would you take the 2012 championship?

If I knew Dwight wasn't coming back next year I would take Amare and Chandler and trade Dwight. If I was Otis Smith, I would know deep down that my team is not going to beat Chicago or Orlando in the playoffs.

Shedding Turk's contract is also a big plus for Otis.

Supposedly, Otis and Dwight are no longer on speaking terms which is not good for Orlando.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

error in above post: Chicago or Miami

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Wel, yes, if those were the options it would be easy. However, where will Orlando be in April? They most likely will be contenders, but how can you say they have even a good chance to win it all? There are several teams that have to believe they can win it all, too.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dwight Howard to Knicks rumor : You choose Amare and Chandler over a championship?

That is not a choice.
    Dwight and the Magic are not going to win a title this year.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Amare Stoudamire would look so good in green...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dwight Howard to Knicks rumor : That's according to you. Right now the Magic are 2nd in the east. That means they're a very good team. They have a shot.  Nobody thought the Mavs would win it all last year before the season started.

Orlando is a very good team this year.  They will most likely end up as one of the top 4 teams in the Eastern Conference. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

Every team has a shot at the title.
    A shot is not worth holding on to Dwight past 3/15 and getting nothing in return.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Amare Stoudamire would look so good in green...
    Posted by shines01[/QUOTE]

Agreed, but I think I'd rather have Chandler

Any way THEY get DH, ORL gets Amare and we get Chandler - trade machine won't let me trade Chandler yet!!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts