Dwight or Big Al

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

Re: Dwight or Big Al

i hope you are right, but what makes you so sure about KG and PP? of the two, i think KG can help us the most next year, so i wouldn't mind keeping him in boston. it's time for PP to move on. love him, but it's time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skins and Heart. Show Skins and Heart's posts

You'd really want Dwight Howard? 

Really? The man plays with the heart of a marshmellow. Quite a comedown from Kevin Garnett. Al Jefferson has led a team ..... nowhere since he left Boston. So again, not a player you want to build your forward line around.

If Howard leaves LA. I think he's likely to end up in New Jersey/Brooklyn. To continue his career and be eaten for breakfast, lunch, dinner and late supper by the Heat four times a year.

Noah is the guy any team ought to be after. Plays with heart and doesn't back down. Brings a lot of intangibles that don't appear on stat sheets. 

If the Celtics had a core of Rondo, Green and Noah they'd be extremely tough. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

how old is noah? i agree that howard is and has been overrated for most of his career. noah does play with heart. i don't watch the bulls much. is he a true 5 or more of a 4? i think we need a true 5 with KG/sully manning the 4 next year.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

my post from another thread might be more appropriate to this conversation...

the longer PP starts at the 3, the longer jeff green's growth will be slowed. green's a natural 3 and should be starting there. end of story. in green, rondo and bradley we have three very nice starters at the 1-2-3. admittedly, neither rondo nor bradley has a deadly outside shot. if we could get a true 2-guard, bradley can come off the bench at the 1 or the 2. that might actually be ideal.

as i said, green should start a the 3. will sully be ready to start at the 4? i hope so. if not, we might need a 1-year band-aid starter at the 4 while sully hopefully picks up his development where it left off before the surgery. enter KG?

and, obviously, we badly need a true 5. so all that said, it seems we need starting-caliber players at the 2 and the 5 this off-season. that should be danny's goal. i love paul pierce, but i don't see how his presence on this team helps us going forward, unless he's willing to come off the bench. and even if he were willing to do that, i'm not sure that green needs to be looking over his shoulder at a boston legend like paul. no, the best for everyone, hard as it may be to accept, is that paul moves on. as stated above, KG may prove useful for one more year as a mentor for sully.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

please, NO, on van gundy. lol

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skins and Heart. Show Skins and Heart's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

how old is noah? i agree that howard is and has been overrated for most of his career. noah does play with heart. i don't watch the bulls much. is he a true 5 or more of a 4? i think we need a true 5 with KG/sully manning the 4 next year.

Noah is only 28 so in theory he hasn't peaked yet. I'd say that Noah has become a true 5. In the draft it was seen that Al Horford was the genuine centre of the two. But Noah is the better player of the now. He rebounds better and has become and excellent shot blocker. 

Also improved his rebounding, shot blocking and assists this season. Really is the most complete centre in the NBA at the moment. Just doesn't get the kudos he deserves. 

Only concern is injury. Most games in a season he has played is 80 although he played 64 in 2011/12 which is almost a full season. Injury frequency is the only concern I have with him. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skins and Heart. Show Skins and Heart's posts

Mike Brown?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

In response to Skins and Heart's comment:

and, of course, it will take a trade to get him. and we probably don't have the chips to make that deal.

Noah is only 28 so in theory he hasn't peaked yet. I'd say that Noah has become a true 5. In the draft it was seen that Al Horford was the genuine centre of the two. But Noah is the better player of the now. He rebounds better and has become and excellent shot blocker. 

Also improved his rebounding, shot blocking and assists this season. Really is the most complete centre in the NBA at the moment. Just doesn't get the kudos he deserves. 

Only concern is injury. Most games in a season he has played is 80 although he played 64 in 2011/12 which is almost a full season. Injury frequency is the only concern I have with him. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skins and Heart. Show Skins and Heart's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Only way to get Noah is to trade for Noah. He's under contract until 2016.

With Asik moving to Houston, there's no way the Bulls will trade Noah.

Agree. They would be insane to trade him. Although GMs have been known to do stupid things. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

i hope you are right, but what makes you so sure about KG and PP? of the two, i think KG can help us the most next year, so i wouldn't mind keeping him in boston. it's time for PP to move on. love him, but it's time.

Jason Terry already hinted KG's going to retire.

The Celts can waive Pierce before July 1 then re-sign him for less money. So Pierce will most likely remain a Celtic next season.

If Pierce can return next season for a substantial reduction in salary that would really help the Celtics.  

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skins and Heart. Show Skins and Heart's posts

If I was Ainge I'd offer anyone besides Rondo. Celtics would like to keep Green under a perfect scenario. But if Noah would be on that hypothetical trade table .... 

Thing is the Celtics won't win with what they have. So something dramatic needs to be started, even if they have to play the 'long game' four years or so before becoming a realistic contender. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skins and Heart. Show Skins and Heart's posts

In response to Skins and Heart's comment:

Mike Brown?

Mike Brown is already with the Cavs.

Again?! 

Suprised, but not a bad move. Brown is a decent coach. Glad to see he's got another job. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Do not  want Dwight Howard under any circumstances. Overrated player, major diva. I'd love  to have Noah, but as has already been pointed out the only way to get him is by trade, and the C's have little  to offer the Bulls.

Jefferson is the most realistic.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

According to Jackie MacMullan..........if the above happens you probably will see Doc going right after them.........so who would be the new coach........

doc's had a nice run with the Cs. i've been a fan since his hawks pg days, but would be happy enough to see him move on. jeff van gundy would be my choice.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

If Pierce can return next season for a substantial reduction in salary that would really help the Celtics.  

Yes, it would really help the Celts as Pierce's salary for next season is 15.3m.

As I have also stated many times the Celtics would have been in a better position this season if KG had agreed to resign for a small amount, ($2 to $3million),  instead of what he is being paid.  This would have given the Celtics cap space to sign another player. 

Sections
Shortcuts