Dwight or Big Al

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Dwight or Big Al

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Skins and Heart's comment:

You'd really want Dwight Howard? 

Really? The man plays with the heart of a marshmellow. Quite a comedown from Kevin Garnett. Al Jefferson has led a team ..... nowhere since he left Boston. So again, not a player you want to build your forward line around.

If Howard leaves LA. I think he's likely to end up in New Jersey/Brooklyn. To continue his career and be eaten for breakfast, lunch, dinner and late supper by the Heat four times a year.

Noah is the guy any team ought to be after. Plays with heart and doesn't back down. Brings a lot of intangibles that don't appear on stat sheets. 

If the Celtics had a core of Rondo, Green and Noah they'd be extremely tough. 

Joakim Noah and Brook Lopez are under contract until 2016.

Other than Dwight and Big Al, there are no other quality Centers in the 2013 FA market.

What about Bynum? lol

(joke obvi)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Would love to see Noah in green, but there is absolutely no way the Bulls ever trade him. Bulls dont want Green because they have Butler behind Deng. That team is set, and is going to win it next year.

Are we sure about waiving Paul and re-signing him at lower money? That can work??!?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

absolutely love paul pierce. a true celtic legend. but it's time for him to ride off into the sunset. his continued presence on this team only stunts jeff green's growth. we are seeing green's potential now. we are realizing that the perk trade was a good thing. why let him rot behind pierce when pierce can no longer carry this team like he once did? time to move on.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

green is a 3. pierce is a 3. green needs to settle into his natural position at the 3. the longer we move him around and play him out of position, the more we stunt his growth. just my opinion, of course.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

please, NO, on van gundy. lol

Mike Brown?

Mike Brown is already with the Cavs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to debrit's comment:

In response to kaktug's comment:Lawrence Frank.He knows the system.Good defensive mind coach.

please, NO, on van gundy. lol

Mike Brown?

Mike Brown is already with the Cavs.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to damfuno's comment:

Looks like KG's going to retire and Ainge will most likely waive Pierce.

So who you guys prefer the Celtics sign, Dwight Howard or Al Jefferson?

According to Jackie McMillan..........if the above happens you probably will see Doc going right after them.........so who would be the new coach........

I thought doc signed a 5 yr deal???

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

We need to wait and see what happens with Perk.  If Perk is amnestied, he would be perfect.  If we lose KG and PP, we need scoring............of course, it may be time for another "Trade Rondo" thread...................

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to kaktug's comment:

green is a 3. pierce is a 3. green needs to settle into his natural position at the 3. the longer we move him around and play him out of position, the more we stunt his growth. just my opinion, of course.

Bingo.

This is why Rivers is an idiot. Bass is not a center, Green is not a power forward, and Bradley is not a point guard.

Doc did not sign these guys, he has to play them where needed..let it go....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Bring Big Al home!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

Bring Big Al home!

Big Al with no Garnett and Pierce will not be a winning  team or at least not what we are used to. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I can see Al and Sully being a solid frontcourt. Al can score in the low post, and the two would really help with cleaning up the glass. I think in that case, you really need to find two scorers on the perimeter. With a lineup of Rondo, Bradley, Green, Sully, Al you're really leaning on Rondo to be a scorer on the outside. I think you have to find a real 3 point threat somewhere in there. That could possibly be a draft pick, or could be found in free agency, but I really don't think it's anyone currently on the team. I'm all for another Trade Rondo thread as well...but not right now. He needs to come back first and establish himself...or else some team is making a potentially huge mistake.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

And as far as coaches are concerned...there's a certain Buss-in-law that I could see having a bit of a chip on his shoulder.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I would not have Howard, he is not even close to being a winner. Kg and Pierce have did all they can do for the Celtics, time for them to ride off into the sunset, and take Doc with them. If we keep Rondo and Green that would be a start, Trading Rondo is still what i would do if i could move him for a good big though. Ainge needs to think offense, offense, offense, when trading, or signing free agents and draft picks. Our lack of scoring is why we have not won at least one more ring. I would explore trading Bradley for a scoring 2 guard, his value is still pretty high even though he hasn't played all that well lately. Big Al would help, but we need a lot more then just him. I see no quick fix for the mess we are in, if someone could tell me we would be contenders in 5 years, i would take that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

OK, I will go against the popular sentiment.  Dwight Howard.  No question.  This is a super star league.  DH has a lot going against him but he is a super star.  Put him a better situation than the Lakers and he will flourish.

But how will the Celts sign him.  I checked the numbers.  They don't add up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

LMAO, he's at it again. Dwight and Austin Rivers were supposed to be Celtics in 2012Laughing

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to TheNewGKDynasty's comment:

LMAO, he's at it again. Dwight and Austin Rivers were supposed to be Celtics in 2012Laughing

While I don't see Dwight returning to the Lakers as of right now, I just don't see how the Celts can get him.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts