Dwight's Wish List

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Re: Dwight's Wish List

Interesting idea, but Josh Smith is making 12.5 and 13.3 this year and next, what would be Celts have to give to get him. Would Baby, clippers pick, and another player be enough?

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

this is no fun.

i loved this core of Celtics players. Rondo, Ray, Pierce, KG. my homies.

this hurts to watch them get old and it makes it so much worse that these super star teams are forming.

lets face it, without miami forming, our BIG 3 would have lasted even longer. Who was going to take them out? no one.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

In Response to Re: Dwight's Wish List:
    [QUOTE]this is no fun. i loved this core of Celtics players. Rondo, Ray, Pierce, KG. my homies. this hurts to watch them get old and it makes it so much worse that these super star teams are forming. lets face it, without miami forming, our BIG 3 would have lasted even longer. Who was going to take them out? no one.
    Posted by btownteamsrking[/QUOTE]

The Bulls may have taken them out and maybe even some team in the West too. Truth is, we all knew this would be a small window with the Big 3. Fact is, the window has already been extended more than the 3 years and it hasn't been pretty. I just hope DA is planning on being a lot more creative than just the Perk trade to extend the C's winning ways.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

We need players who will embrace the Tradition of Celtics. Players who feel honored to play under those TITLE BANNERS.

When I hear about how players want warm weather or the fame of new york, it makes u question if they are really there to play or just be seen and have fun.

What we need is to base our new team on the 04 Pistons. 5 solid players who played with grit and heart. Build a defense first teama and shut these glamour w h o r e s down.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Im not sure J-Smoove is the answer, Its too bad they cant convert him to center with his athletic ability.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Fierce
    Josh Smith is a knucklehead.  Even with that why would Atlanta take KG for him? Atlanta would have to add eight to nine million to their salary cap or we throw in a couple of other players like Jermaine and BBD.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Just saw this on the site. Josh Smith doesn't sound too happy with the Celtics.

Text size  +

Josh Smith calls Rondo rumors 'sick joke'

Posted by Julian Benbow, Globe Staff December 2, 2011 11:02 AM

Sekou Smith has NBA.com's Hang Time blog up and running again and he talked to Atlanta Hawks forward Josh Smith about his friend and high school teammate Rajon Rondo and the trade rumors around the All Star point guard. Smith's reaction was pretty strong.

Rajon didn’t talk much about it but let me do it for him,” Smith said. “It’s mind-boggling to me to see people talking about getting rid of a player who damn-near broke his arm during the playoffs last year for his team and kept playing. We’re talking about arguably the best player in the playoffs for his team energy-wise, defensively and offensively.

It’s a sick joke. For anyone to talk about getting rid of him, one of the elite point guards in this league and a true point who passes first and shoots second … it just reminds me of what I already knew, that the NBA is strictly a business. They can try to make it as family oriented as they want to, but at the end of the day it’s a business. And the fact is there is no loyalty in the NBA or any other profession. It’s always business.”

Smith played in Rondo's charity game last month at Harvard.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dwight's Wish List : KG for Josh Smith and Kirk Hinrich. The Hawks need to unload Josh because Al Horford is an undersized Center. You can't have a 6-10 Center playing alongide a 6-8 PF like Josh Smith, they're just too small. The Hawks also gave Joe Johnson that huge contract, so they need to clear some cap space to improve their roster. Their core players are Joe Johnson and Al Horford. If they can re-sign Jamal Crawford then that's firepower off the bench.  Enter KG. Al Horford, KG, Joe Johnson, and Jamal Crawford, tell me if that's not a contender for this season. After this season the Hawks get cap relief from KG's 21.2m. Not a bad deal. The Horford-Josh Smith combo already failed 3 straight years, time to upgrade.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Is Smith contract up after this year, because I seem to recall you advocating Danny do NOTHING to interfere with our cap space for next year!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I don't think they will use the amnesty on a lifelong Celtic...but since we are all dreaming here, why don't they trade KG to Utah for Millsap and Jefferson?  Utah can use the amnesty on KG, and we can re-sign him for vet min

Hey, it's not as far-fetched as some ideas I've heard

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Let West and AI handle the point this year - trade Rondo to Utah, Big Al to Atlanta and Josh Smith to us....use MLE on Aaron Gray, then we can use  Baby to get us another shooter or point guard!

Or buyout Krstic's Russian contract, and pay him the MLE - he'd be making 8 this year then!!  Still use Baby on a shooter or PG - Courtney Lee or Jordan Farmar?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

DH is going to the Lakers. It's been obvious for a year now and he wants his star to shine in Hollywood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vt2tsROOFbY

Reading between the lines, it'll happen sooner rather than later.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]DH is going to the Lakers. It's been obvious for a year now and he wants his star to shine in Hollywood. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vt2tsROOFbY Reading between the lines, it'll happen sooner rather than later.
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

whatever you say, null and void - if they trade him someplace else, that is an impossibility, you realize that, right?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dwight's Wish List : whatever you say, null and void - if they trade him someplace else, that is an impossibility, you realize that, right?
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Let me guess.....he's coming to the green. YAWN!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dwight's Wish List : Let me guess.....he's coming to the green. YAWN!
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]
    That's Fierce talking, tayshawn.......he's going to ORL or the Nets.....he WILL be traded, but not to the lakers!!  Deal with it!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dwight's Wish List : That's Fierce talking, tayshawn.......he's going to ORL or the Nets.....he WILL be traded, but not to the lakers!!  Deal with it!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

As a long standing celtic supporter I had faint hopes he may wear green but I've come to the realization that the Lakers know how to get the best big men. Oh well, we got......oops no one.

Frown

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dwight's Wish List : As a long standing celtic supporter I had faint hopes he may wear green but I've come to the realization that the Lakers know how to get the best big men. Oh well, we got......oops no one.
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

Rico or Tayshawn or whoever you are - you are fooling no one.  Let's make a deal - IF Howard ends up on the lakers before Christmas, I will come on here and say you were right all along
    IF he doesn't - you tell us who you are, then leave!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts