Early Draft Workouts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Early Draft Workouts

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Re: Early Draft Workouts

Any word on how Matt O'Donnell did? I know that the 6-11" 330 lb offensive tackle tried out but I haven't found anything on how he did.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

can't find anything yet

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://www.thenovablog.com/2011/6/3/2204742/corey-stokes-to-work-out-for-boston-celtics

http://www.ridiculousupside.com/2011/6/2/2203600/2011-nba-draft-celtics-workout-matt-odonnell

here's some additional info

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Let me say that Keith Benson looks like a keeper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekNfbYNNswU

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In Response to Re: Early Draft Workouts:
    [QUOTE]Let me say that Keith Benson looks like a keeper. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekNfbYNNswU
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

I have been arguing this as well. He plays alot like KG. Eventhough he is listed as a Center, and he could be great if he adds some weight, I believe that his natural position is PF. Drafting him works great for Boston if the C's can snag a Center in the 2nd round or through free agency (Dalembert?). Alot of people are saying that this draft pick is weak. I see it as an opportunity for Boston. I believe that since there is a belief that this is a weak draft more GM's will be willing to sell their draft picks at a low price. If Ainge can buy an early 2nd round pick Boston could pick up a big like: Jeremy Tyler, Jordan Williams, Greg Smith, or Nicola Vucevic. Ainge could use his 55th pick to grab a pure shooter to come off the bench or a 3/4 project like Gary Flowers or Scotty Hopson.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

I'm not entirely sure about the KG comparison, but what I really do like about him is his willingness to use either hand to get the job done.  To me, it speaks to very intrinsic basketball instincts and what is now referred to as (basketball) IQ.  He looks like a player that can play fairly quickly and not have to play the interminable rookie bench position.  His range, as shown, is not great, but he looks like a natural so a decent 15'-18' shot could come relatively soon.  I also agree about the Hopson pick.  He appears to be one of those later picks that every other team will kick themselves for passing on to fill their perceived needs. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Early Draft Workouts : I have been arguing this as well. He plays alot like KG. Eventhough he is listed as a Center, and he could be great if he adds some weight, I believe that his natural position is PF. Drafting him works great for Boston if the C's can snag a Center in the 2nd round or through free agency (Dalembert?). Alot of people are saying that this draft pick is weak. I see it as an opportunity for Boston. I believe that since there is a belief that this is a weak draft more GM's will be willing to sell their draft picks at a low price. If Ainge can buy an early 2nd round pick Boston could pick up a big like: Jeremy Tyler, Jordan Williams, Greg Smith, or Nicola Vucevic. Ainge could use his 55th pick to grab a pure shooter to come off the bench or a 3/4 project like Gary Flowers or Scotty Hopson.
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

I meant a 2/3 project...

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]Don't worry about this Danny will f up again as always. See Pruit and Bradley just to name a few. Believe me Danny will find a way to f up things. Why waste our time in a thread like this????? Just saying
    Posted by RicoCeltic[/QUOTE]
    "Believe me Danny will find a way to f up things." - Very true...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2011/06/04/nba-drafts-potential-celtics-georgia-g-travis-leslie/

This guy looks like the second comming of Tony Allen...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

6-10 and 340, huh?  probably needs to melt off 40 or 50 pounds to play in the nba.  i'm all for it if we can sneak the guy away when nobody is looking and if he really does have b-ball mobility.

how about this, sign and trade davis to the CFL for o'connell?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AmiSo1XfMHLulBIrhCmRdb7Pgq9_?slug=ycn-8514315
    This kid from Usc sounds intriguing..and Brooks is a looker...scored 52 in the Irish For a weak draft, there could be some diamonds..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

travis leslie is best

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

Bramrok, just don't state Leslie's the best. I want to hear why you think so.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

[QUOTE]http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2011/06/04/nba-drafts-potential-celtics-georgia-g-travis-leslie/ This guy looks like the second comming of Tony Allen...
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]  I hope not.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In the investment world, the smart money, sez to buy when others are selling and sell when others are buying. In this "weak draft", we might be able to get a 2 for 1 deal for the right price...putting together young talent, and the pieces for a nice trade down the line.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Now I am resorting to replying to posts from people who clearly deserve to be on ignore but whose posts are visibile in others' posts...

Danny effed up Pruitt and Bradley.  OK.  So just how many 2nd rounders like Pruitt make an NBA roster and have a legit career?  Look up past drafts and you'll understand why this criticism makes no sense.  And he effed up Bradley?  After 1 year you're willing to say this?  Granted, the kid needs work but he looks like he can be a decent combo guard.  Not giving up on him yet. 

To the people who think that Ainge has done nothing to help this franchise, you are absolutely in denial or a troll looking to stir up the pot. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]Now I am resorting to replying to posts from people who clearly deserve to be on ignore but whose posts are visibile in others' posts... Danny effed up Pruitt and Bradley.  OK.  So just how many 2nd rounders like Pruitt make an NBA roster and have a legit career?  Look up past drafts and you'll understand why this criticism makes no sense.  And he effed up Bradley?  After 1 year you're willing to say this?  Granted, the kid needs work but he looks like he can be a decent combo guard.  Not giving up on him yet.  To the people who think that Ainge has done nothing to help this franchise, you are absolutely in denial or a troll looking to stir up the pot. 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

It's not that people believe that Ainge has done nothing to help the Celtics franchise it's that all of these die-hard Celtic fans who have been loyal to the organization through many lean years do not want the organization to fall back on hard times. I have yet to come across a single Celtics fan that was not appreciative of the Celtics returning to significance.

It's the bad moves that Ainge has made since the Celtics won their 17th title that have frustrated people. You can't deny the bad moves: drafting JR Giddens over Deandre Jordan when Jordan should have been the obvious pick, trading Walker(in a 3-heavy league) for Robinson, a really small guard who could not run the pg, Mikki Moore, Marbury, Jermaine O'Neal, the trade of Kendrick Perkins for a passive and overrated Jeff Green, giving away Erden after trading Perkins, thinking that a 39-year old Shaq could carry the team. Not signing or finding replacements for Posey, Powe, Cassell, PJ Brown, and Tony Allen. Drafting Avery Bradley over James Anderson. Those are the reasons why people are frustrated with Ainge.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Early Draft Workouts : It's not that people believe that Ainge has done nothing to help the Celtics franchise it's that all of these die-hard Celtic fans who have been loyal to the organization through many lean years do not want the organization to fall back on hard times. I have yet to come across a single Celtics fan that was not appreciative of the Celtics returning to significance. It's the bad moves that Ainge has made since the Celtics won their 17th title that have frustrated people. You can't deny the bad moves: drafting JR Giddens over Deandre Jordan when Jordan should have been the obvious pick, trading Walker(in a 3-heavy league) for Robinson, a really small guard who could not run the pg, Mikki Moore, Marbury, Jermaine O'Neal, the trade of Kendrick Perkins for a passive and overrated Jeff Green, giving away Erden after trading Perkins, thinking that a 39-year old Shaq could carry the team. Not signing or finding replacements for Posey, Powe, Cassell, PJ Brown, and Tony Allen. Drafting Avery Bradley over James Anderson. Those are the reasons why people are frustrated with Ainge.

my gripe dates back to directly before the big 3 came to town.  danny rolled out young rondo as the "starter of the future" thereby eliminating all incentive for rondo to improve himself to actual starter quality skills level (complete game).  and so it has been.  going into year 6 and rondo's shooting is worse than ever.  and why shouldn't it be?!  it don't matter if rajjie goes out and shoots 75% or 25% from the line, he gets the same minutes regardless!!  the celts are not only on the verge of a headcase "star point guard" but also about to ruin his trade value and be stuck with an overpaid well established head case.  and well established head cases are about as fun as droppin a deuce inside your own pants and sitting on it.  strickland, latrine sprewell, stevie francis- minds of that ilk = well established head cases.  rondo is a coat of paint away from it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Early Draft Workouts : It's not that people believe that Ainge has done nothing to help the Celtics franchise it's that all of these die-hard Celtic fans who have been loyal to the organization through many lean years do not want the organization to fall back on hard times. I have yet to come across a single Celtics fan that was not appreciative of the Celtics returning to significance. It's the bad moves that Ainge has made since the Celtics won their 17th title that have frustrated people. You can't deny the bad moves: drafting JR Giddens over Deandre Jordan when Jordan should have been the obvious pick, trading Walker(in a 3-heavy league) for Robinson, a really small guard who could not run the pg, Mikki Moore, Marbury, Jermaine O'Neal, the trade of Kendrick Perkins for a passive and overrated Jeff Green, giving away Erden after trading Perkins, thinking that a 39-year old Shaq could carry the team. Not signing or finding replacements for Posey, Powe, Cassell, PJ Brown, and Tony Allen. Drafting Avery Bradley over James Anderson. Those are the reasons why people are frustrated with Ainge.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

How do we know bradley is a bust?? O'neil was a defensive rock..If Jordan was the obvious choice, then why did't other gm's take him in the first round? The perk trade has already been hashed out  too many times. You either agree with it or you don't.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/nba/nba-rumors.html
    rumors flying that Beasley might be on the block since Rubio committed to Minnie..they want a veteran big man..do we have any of those??? BB?? Does that work salary wise? BB plays d, but Beasley can score in bunches..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]How do we know bradley is a bust?? O'neil was a defensive rock..If Jordan was the obvious choice, then why did't other gm's take him in the first round? The perk trade has already been hashed out  too many times. You either agree with it or you don't.
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

"How do we know bradley is a bust??"-We don't. James Anderson, however, would have filled the Celtics much bigger need at the 2/3. It was not having that 2/3 that forced Ainge to trade Perkins for Green (Marquis injury). I have no idea as to why other gm's didn't take him. I still can't believe that Dan Marino was the 6th quarterback selected in 1983. From what I remember, Deandre Jordan limited his workouts to just a few lottery teams.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

The reason why the Celtics had a much bigger need at the 2/3 is because Ainge did not re-sign Tony Allen. That left Boston with a gaping hole at these positions, especially at the 3. Unfortunately, Boston still has a weakness at this position(I am still not sold on Jeff Green and hope that he makes me eat crow next season) but now need to fill the 4 and 5 as well. I hope that Ainge makes a run for Jordan.

Sections
Shortcuts