Early Draft Workouts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Re: Early Draft Workouts

Yeah, I do like him(Jordan) too..but it was the injury to Q that really  made the trade necessary. that and the fact the thunder needed toughness, and we needed a s/f..But I do agree that letting Allen go was not a good decision. He would have made life a little more difficult for Wade...that's for sure..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://sportshaze.com/boston/boston-celtics/boston-celtics-2011-nba-draft-preview-3845

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://sportshaze.com/boston/boston-celtics/boston-celtics-2011-nba-draft-preview-3845

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

travis leslie has tremendous athleticism and he can defend the perimeter; his shot is not polished yet but he can improve. in order to go up against wade and lebron, we need to get more athletic

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

danny will draft more point gaurds, not players positions we need to replace. he did it the last 3 years. or another tweener....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

so according to the above posts, danny ainge failed by letting rondo believe he was the starting PG and the one to run the team. but he also failed by going after PGs in the draft, presumably to put more pressure on rondo. hmm. wonder which is correct...

also, despite the celtics proclaiming tony allen to be a defensive stopper, i can't recall him actually ever living up to that description. in fact, i remember him more for fouling on 3-point attempts.

all you armchair GMs crack me up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/717254-nba-draft-2011-50-bold-predictions-for-draft-day-in-june#/articles/717254-nba-draft-2011-50-bold-predictions-for-draft-day-in-june/page/50 here's some interesting observations about the "weak" draft

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Re: Early Draft Workouts:
    Don't worry about this Danny will f up again as always. See Pruit and Bradley just to name a few. Believe me Danny will find a way to f up things. Why waste our time in a thread like this????? Just saying
    Posted by RicoCeltic

Why are you wasting our time with your eternal pessimism. Sucks to be you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

That's cause like a good Laker fan! Only critizes the Celts...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcceltics. Show jcceltics's posts

would like to see Kyle Singler or Scotty Hopson as the Cs 2nd rd pick.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

would like to see Kyle Singler or Scotty Hopson as the Cs 2nd rd pick.
    Posted by jcceltics

Singler will be gone, but Hopson may be there.  I like Tyler or Vucecic.  If they can move up int the second round somehow, they should take Benson.  I like Brooks, too, but if we use the MLE on Crawford, we have a good backup for Ray.  We need to solve our center problem, and get a backup to KG.
    West, Crawford Green, ? and Vucecic might make a nice second unit !

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

In Response to Re: Early Draft Workouts : It's not that people believe that Ainge has done nothing to help the Celtics franchise it's that all of these die-hard Celtic fans who have been loyal to the organization through many lean years do not want the organization to fall back on hard times. I have yet to come across a single Celtics fan that was not appreciative of the Celtics returning to significance. It's the bad moves that Ainge has made since the Celtics won their 17th title that have frustrated people. You can't deny the bad moves: drafting JR Giddens over Deandre Jordan when Jordan should have been the obvious pick, trading Walker(in a 3-heavy league) for Robinson, a really small guard who could not run the pg, Mikki Moore, Marbury, Jermaine O'Neal, the trade of Kendrick Perkins for a passive and overrated Jeff Green, giving away Erden after trading Perkins, thinking that a 39-year old Shaq could carry the team. Not signing or finding replacements for Posey, Powe, Cassell, PJ Brown, and Tony Allen. Drafting Avery Bradley over James Anderson. Those are the reasons why people are frustrated with Ainge.
    Posted by guyfromtex
    Add to this list the gawky Patrick O'Brien in whom Danny Ainge was very impressed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Why is Doc's son getting a draft workout? He averaged 4 points and 3 rebs a game in college. Working him out is one thing and being drafted is another. We'll see what happens.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Why is Doc's son getting a draft workout? He averaged 4 points and 3 rebs a game in college. Working him out is one thing and being drafted is another. We'll see what happens.
    Posted by mem17

That's one of the advantages of being Doc Rivers son.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Bynum is the only player of significance drafted, that the Great Laker management can claim...well, since Koby...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In Response to Re: Early Draft Workouts : It's not that people believe that Ainge has done nothing to help the Celtics franchise it's that all of these die-hard Celtic fans who have been loyal to the organization through many lean years do not want the organization to fall back on hard times. I have yet to come across a single Celtics fan that was not appreciative of the Celtics returning to significance. It's the bad moves that Ainge has made since the Celtics won their 17th title that have frustrated people. You can't deny the bad moves: drafting JR Giddens over Deandre Jordan when Jordan should have been the obvious pick, trading Walker(in a 3-heavy league) for Robinson, a really small guard who could not run the pg, Mikki Moore, Marbury, Jermaine O'Neal, the trade of Kendrick Perkins for a passive and overrated Jeff Green, giving away Erden after trading Perkins, thinking that a 39-year old Shaq could carry the team. Not signing or finding replacements for Posey, Powe, Cassell, PJ Brown, and Tony Allen. Drafting Avery Bradley over James Anderson. Those are the reasons why people are frustrated with Ainge.
    Posted by guyfromtex

Not every one is frustated.The real celtics fans a grateful for the job DA  is doing.The celtics after 20 years of misery,are very competitive again.Count your blessings and support your team.

Sections
Shortcuts