Early Observations

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Early Observations

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Stats show that Green is a very good player at the 3 and a very bad player at the 4.

So of course Doc will play him at the 4 and "go small."

this stat like so many are garbage.  I have seen games where one guy will have a huge minus in the plus minus stat, and it is so obvious he was the best player on the floor that game.  I suspect  the 3 and 4 stat are the same.  Yes jeff will struggle with some bigs down low, but they will struggle with him flying down the court.   You are placing way to much stock in this stat.  If he is so bad there I am sure Doc won't play him at the 4.  Of course Pierce will probably get 30-33 minutes at the 3 so that leaves Jeff about 15 minutes.  I for one hope he gets more minutes than that.  So if he doesn't play the 4 spot you want him to just sit out and not play?   Would you rather him play 33 minutes and Pierce play 15 minutes?   Yes PP can play a little 2 on occasion.    So what would you do?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Ecstatic.

Sully has been awesome.

I've never seen the Celtics in my lifetime with this much speed on both ends.

I love it!

Sully's target:

• Kevin Love
    • Forward-Center

E-mail photo | Buy photos2012-13 Preseason Statistics

PPG
    RPG
    APG
    EFF
    + 17.00

Born: Sep 7, 1988 Height: 6-10 / 2.08 Weight: 260 lbs. / 117.9 kg. Prior to NBA / Country:
    UCLA / USA Years Pro:   

Love's rookie stats:

Career Preseason Averages

Year Team G GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG

08-09 MIN 8 1 21.3 0.456 0.300 0.867 2.6 3.4 6.0 0.8 0.6 0.6 1.63 2.38 8.5

1. Career Season Averages

Year Team G GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG

08-09 MIN 81 37 25.3 0.459 0.105 0.789 3.4 5.7 9.1 1.0 0.4 0.6 1.46 2.53 11.1

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Sully's stats so far:

• Jared Sullinger
    • Forward

E-mail photo | Buy photos2012-13 Preseason Statistics

PPG
    RPG
    APG
    EFF
    + 14.17

Born: Mar 4, 1992 Height: 6-9 / 2.06 Weight: 260 lbs. / 117.9 kg. Prior to NBA / Country:
    Ohio State / USA Years Pro: R   COMPARE PLAYER STATS Select A Team Atlanta Hawks Boston Celtics Brooklyn Nets Charlotte Bobcats Chicago Bulls Cleveland Cavaliers Dallas Mavericks Denver Nuggets Detroit Pistons Golden State Warriors Houston Rockets Indiana Pacers Los Angeles Clippers Los Angeles Lakers Memphis Grizzlies Miami Heat Milwaukee Bucks Minnesota Timberwolves New Orleans Hornets New York Knicks Oklahoma City Thunder Orlando Magic Philadelphia 76ers Phoenix Suns Portland Trail Blazers Sacramento Kings San Antonio Spurs Toronto Raptors Utah Jazz Washington Wizards
    Select A Player Historical Player Search
    WATCH VIDEO

More Video Home Career Stats and Totals Season Splits Game Logs Bio

Career Preseason Averages

Year   G GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG

12-13 BOS 6 4 25.2 0.556 0.333 0.882 3.2 3.8 7.0 0.8 0.2 0.3 1.50 3.67 11.0

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I wouldnt start lumping Sully in with Love just yet, but he is a very skilled player and much better than I thought he would be.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Kevin Love's rookie preseason average's: 8.5 PPG 6 RPG 45% FG 0.8 APG

Jared Sullinger's rookie preseason average's: 11 PPG 7 RPG 55% FG 0.8 APG

Hmmmmmm.......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

Kevin Love's rookie preseason average's: 8.5 PPG 6 RPG 45% FG 0.8 APG

Jared Sullinger's rookie preseason average's: 11 PPG 7 RPG 55% FG 0.8 APG

Hmmmmmm.......

Not giving you a hard time.  I just don't think Sully will rebound at Love's level.  I do think you are correct about his potential though.

You called Rondo right back in the day.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Yeah, but I called Bradley waaaay wrong. Rondo was an easy pick. You could see how well he thinks the game early on. Thanks for noticing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

Yeah, but I called Bradley waaaay wrong. Rondo was an easy pick. You could see how well he thinks the game early on. Thanks for noticing.

I don't mean you just "called" him. I used to be on the board under a different name.  You compared him to Stockton and you and I would go back and forth on it all the time.

At this point I have to admit you were closer to being right than I was.  I have always liked Rondo but I didn't think he would grow into what he has become.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Point is - this is our best rookie since Rondo.............and if he is CLOSE to Kevin Love in 2 years, he was the steal of the draft.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

-I've noticed that Jeff gets stripped a lot when he dribbles or passes off the dribble ( Like Ray Allen did)

- Noone on our team has any spin moves in the low post. ( and Garnett's fade-away is not a spin move.)

- Spin moves get you open looks close to the rim and throws defenders off causing them to commit fouls. So they are very useful.

I just don't want us relying on jumpers so much again. 

12. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts