Earth to Rondo!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Re: Earth to Rondo!!!

If Rondo is hurt, he will get some rest once Delonte West comes back.

I also like Von Wafer getting more minutes , I guess Wafer has been extended for the full season with a guaranteed contract ? Good move , Wafer has the size to play D on some bigger guys

Delonte and Nate looked good together , but what if Delonte and Von Wafer is the better backcourt all around ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Some can say what they want but Rondo wasn't playing the first half.

He had 15 assists the 2nd half but let's not act like that was going on the entire game. He stepped up big time in the 2nd half.

It's not knee jerk reaction, he wasn't doing anything the first half.

PP carried the team into the 2nd half and then everyone else showed up. BBD, Nate, KG, RA.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Earth to Rondo!!!:
    [QUOTE]Some can say what they want but Rondo wasn't playing the first half. He had 15 assists the 2nd half but let's not act like that was going on the entire game. He stepped up big time in the 2nd half. It's not knee jerk reaction, he wasn't doing anything the first half. PP carried the team into the 2nd half and then everyone else showed up. BBD, Nate, KG, RA.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

You still want to trade BBD?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Earth to Rondo!!! : You still want to trade BBD?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Ask me right before the trade deadline.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

Some of you guys should join whiners anonymous. They serve cheese.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I just hope Nate's confidence is back. He played well today.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

[QUOTE]Some can say what they want but Rondo wasn't playing the first half. He had 15 assists the 2nd half but let's not act like that was going on the entire game. He stepped up big time in the 2nd half. It's not knee jerk reaction, he wasn't doing anything the first half. PP carried the team into the 2nd half and then everyone else showed up. BBD, Nate, KG, RA.

That's why they play the whole game. If a guy scores 5 points in the first half and winds up with 30 points did he have a good game or a bad one?  I don't know maybe I am the one confused here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulliu. Show paulliu's posts

If Rondo got 15 assists in the first half and one in the second, they'll be saying he can't play in crunch time because he can't shoot...yada,yada,yada.

He got one in the 1st half and 15 in the second, including nine in the fourth.

The dude picked apart the Lakers, sliced them up in the fourth.

The team played great.  I'm savoring this one....oh, but wait they stunk up the joint in PHX and aren't undefeated.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

He wasn't into the game in the first half but an a very good second half

you'd like more consistently great games for sure... and 75% FT shooting and a reliable 17-20 foot J that he takes 3-4x a game

those are the only knocks on an elite star PG who most of the time runs this team masterfully

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I still believe there is something wrong with Rondo's health. I think he's a little beat up but this is a important road trip. He doesn't have the burst he usually does and isn't taing in the paint as much. When it's over and West is ready I think Rondo will get some rest and West get some starts.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulliu. Show paulliu's posts

What this game shows is that team beats great individulal talent.

With the game on the line, LA went to Kobe and one on one.  LA had 10 assists for the game.  The C's spread it around, notching 34 dimes on 44 FG's.

Not too shabby.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

i really odnt think theres anything wrong with his health. i think thats a bad excuse. i think sometimes he needs a push..i think at halftime Doc and maybe some players said "hey, you claim to b the best pg in the league, its time for you to show us why" and got him going. i had a knee jerk reaction in thinking that he couldnt perform against the Lakers.  hes fine.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I am sorry Bias, it is knee jerk reactions.  Just look at the first two pages of the game on.  I didn't read it until after the game but I knew what the first page would look like before I read it. Petey nearly does it every game on thread he starts.  He starts off telling us everything we aren't doing right, nobody is doing anything right, etc.  (No offense Petey)   Seems like everyone forgets we are playing a pro team and we get all in a uproar if we don't start off blowing someones doors off right from the get go. Seems we forget there are 4 quarters to a game. Everything except fouls seem to even out.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Kobe having to try and guard Pierce the second half, made it easier for Rondo to play his game!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Celts4life,
    I am thrilled to be wrong.  Rondo's lethargy disappeared and the team responded like the champions they are and will be this year.   May I continue to be wrong if the Celtics win.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from yellowbmblbee. Show yellowbmblbee's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Earth to Rondo!!! :
    Posted by yellowbmblbee[/QUOTE]

LOL!  Yeah, I know, right??? Doc's interview after the game said it all...he said Rondo orchestrated one of the best games for the team tonight.  Just because he wasn't shattering the boards, doesn't mean he wasn't contributing.  He controlled the pace, and as Doc said, called the plays perfectly tonight.

Nothing wrong with Rondo....just showing another side of why he's soo damn good.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Earth to Rondo!!! : That's why they play the whole game. If a guy scores 5 points in the first half and winds up with 30 points did he have a good game or a bad one?  I don't know maybe I am the one confused here.
    Posted by Icon11[/QUOTE]

it's all relative.  if 15 in each half would have set the table better for a decisive win rather than red-faced grunting out another close game late in the fourth then what's better? 

i'd personally like to see rondo play all 48 (or whatever he's in there for) because i want the best for the team.  if he does that tonight then we're looking at extended garbage time and no starters on the floor for over 30 minutes.  right?

and, no, i'm not talking about doubling his assists to 32.  i'm talking about being tuned in and aggressive all the time.  and i think that's what a lot of other people are talking about.  inevitably the team is better with a full time point guard who will de-construct flakes and fogies like steve blake and fisher like the point guard rubble that they are, if he can command the attention to get a point guard to guard him, and not kobe.

there's a lot to be contemplated here.  we got burned BIG TIME last year in the playoffs vs. the lakers with kobe sagging off of rondo.  i never want to see that happen again.  do i feel comfortable right now that it won't?  not at all.

hence the running commentary on rondo.  he's got to prove himself capable of being an all around threat compared to the mouse we saw in games 3-7 vs. the lakers.  that all starts by taking games seriously and playing whole games.  it's not like he's magic or some other living legend at this point in his career and can coast, not that even magic coasted.

but what we are seeing this year is a half on, a half off from rondo.  not a good practice by any player.  he's still a mouse for 1/3 to 1/2 of any given regular season game in terms of aggressiveness.  so what does that turn into come playoff time?  can we afford to lose out on the opportunities lost with rondo's passivity during parts of the game?  why can't he just tune himself in and play consistently?

are these dumb or ungrateful questions?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Geez Rondo was a non-factor the 1st half and people criticize you for questioning his effort just because he had a good 2nd half.

Obviously Doc or someone talked to him and told him to pick it up. Good but let's not act like we're wrong for criticizing him.

We've seen the flip side happen too....great 1st half and no show the 2nd half.

He desrved the criticism the 1st half.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Bias, you and I have to acknowledge that we thought Rondo was hurt.  It appears from his play in the second half he was fine.   It is very hard to make sense of his performance in Phoenix and the first half today.  My only thought is we better watch him closely and see what makes this kid tick.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Can guys just have a bad first half and a good second half without reading too much into it? Of course you have to question his bad first half, that is a given. You also have to acknowledge his good second half. My point is maybe it was a simple adjustment. Who knows? I just think there are times when we try to over analyze a situation. Maybe Rondo was hungry and ate a Snickers at half time.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Maybe one or more of the Big Three climbed on his azzz at half time and told him to grow a pair.

Pud

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe one or more of the Big Three climbed on his azzz at half time and told him to grow a pair. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]
    Its quite possible.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Rondo Haters, just for you.

"I told Rondo, in front of the team, that I thought it was one of his best games of the year," Celtics coach Doc Rivers said. "I think he called an absolutely perfect game. He's our pitcher. ...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Celts4life, I am thrilled to be wrong.  Rondo's lethargy disappeared and the team responded like the champions they are and will be this year.   May I continue to be wrong if the Celtics win.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Smile.....you're right man - let's go Celtics!!!  We need to keep it up and get home court advantage against everyone we can.

And to OneonOne.....I don't think its a knee jerk reaction. I know why you say that but this is a game thread.  Comments are being made all throughout the game on things going on at that specific time.  I said in one of my comments that while we made some mistakes, we'd come back strong in the second half.  So, many of us still had faith.  BUT, one cannot deny that in that second quarter, Rondo sort of disappeared.  Doesn't mean we don't love him, but we'd like him to step up at a point where we needed him....and he did!  Even the coach reacts during the game to players or things that need to improve.

So, we're allowed our knee jerk reactions.  But you're also right that we need to keep the faith even when things are ugly.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Ha ha ha. Rondo had a great second half. It's as if he was playing possum in the first half. The guys on this forum who doubt Rondo's determination and intensity should learn to chill.

Sections
Shortcuts