Earth to Rondo!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Earth to Rondo!!!

Hello, hello are you out there??

Ok Rondo MUST be hurt because he's done NOTHING the past week. He's not pushing the ball this game and he's not shooting. Our halfcourt offense is garbage right now.

I think Rondo is hurt and we have no other PG to go to. The team overall looks like they are running in sand. It doesn't help when the tick tacky fouls are called for the Lakers.

Frustrating game to watch so far.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsboy11. Show celticsboy11's posts

Re: Earth to Rondo!!!

not only that but did anyone noticed that the Lakers momentum to wipe out the Celtics 7 point lead came when Fisher blew by Rondo and got that 3 point play on Shaq.

I AM DEAD SICK OF RONDO'S LAZY REACH AROUND DEFENSE. It not only cost one of the bigs to leave their man and step up to counteract the guard if he is running in, but what happened to Shaq is exactly the second worst thing that could happen.

Guards can blow by you at any given time but in Rondo's case its consistently. Derek Rose abuses him every time the Celtics play the Bulls, just watch. I dunno where this kid ever thought playing defense sideways and not squaring ur man up is the best way, it is just down right idiotic, arrrggghhh!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

ill admit when im wrong..and i must say Rondo is not helping the team right now..hes not aggressive, just def not playing like he does against the other teams in the league. Acie and Puddin were half right in saying he has a tough time against the Lakers, i cant figure out why..maybe bc of the humonguous front court they have it takes away his driving ability? idk. he has shot 3 or 4 times today so far, but i think the real key to their offense is their defense, getting stops and getting him in the open court. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Bias,
    I think you are  right. Rondo looks way off again and it is killing the team.  He is so much slower he is being doubled and passing into pressure.  Nate looked good hitting three of three and then they take him out for no reason. 

Rondo if hurt is going to have much the same in the second half.  It is a shame Delonte is not available.

Anyone notice Perkins has come back to earth.  Thanks to Shaq stinking it up Perk is now going to get more minutes.  In this type of contested game Perk's turnovers are disaster. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I see no evidence that he's hurt.  It appears to be all mental - just not in the game.  No excuses about hurt, please.  The guy just isn't delivering.  I see the other 4 focused but not our point guard.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I would also add for all of Rondo's detractors that even when  he shoots and makes them as he has the last two games it does not matter because his speed is the ingredient for finding the open man.  Rondo is being covered and the only explanation is he is hurt.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Celtsfan,
    If Rondo is not hurt then we really have a problem.  He looks slower to me.  So I think you are wrong on this one.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Earth to Rondo!!!:
    [QUOTE]I see no evidence that he's hurt.  It appears to be all mental - just not in the game.  No excuses about hurt, please.  The guy just isn't delivering.  I see the other 4 focused but not our point guard.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

welcome to discerning celtic fan hell.  i've been living through rondo doing less with his physical talents than most other players in the league for the last 3 years.  he teases you with greatness but there is no consistency.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Acie,
    It is not his head it is somewhere in his feet.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from olivern. Show olivern's posts

Picking up his dribble, lazy lob passes, fading to the corner.

A lot of Basketball 101 type mistakes...frustrating to watch. If he's injured he should just sit.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

You think he showed up second half and especially in the 4th quarter????  He reminded us why we love this kid.

Give Doc some credit - he coached a great game and put Nate + BBD in when he needed them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Even if he got 16 assists, he is not himself for sure. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Celtsfan, If Rondo is not hurt then we really have a problem.  He looks slower to me.  So I think you are wrong on this one.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

OK, Concord, did he look hurt in the 2nd half??  Did he miraculously heal at halftime or you think maybe he just got his head in the game?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Rondo this, Rondo that. Come on.  Give it a rest.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo this, Rondo that. Come on.  Give it a rest.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

Its ok, Mem17, you don't have to participate in the debate/conversation about Rondo and whether he's hurt or not.  Just put us on ignore or read a different thread.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo this, Rondo that. Come on.  Give it a rest.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

Good grief he did exactly what was expected of him 16 ASSISTS.  I guess I missed the memo that 16 assists is not any good.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Baby to Bias!!!

HAHAHA!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulliu. Show paulliu's posts

A little patience.  Rondo sliced LA apart in the 4th quarter.  I like what Van Gundy said: play tight on Rondo and you encourage him to drive.  Play off him and he sits there like a quarterback in the pocket picking out his targets.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Earth to Rondo!!! : Good grief he did exactly what was expected of him 16 ASSISTS.  I guess I missed the memo that 16 assists is not any good.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

10 points, 5 boards and 16 assists.  Lets cut him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

Rondo is an enigma for sure...but with the rest of the team being future hall of famers that just love to shoot, this is the perfect team for him...go Celts!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulliu. Show paulliu's posts

The only thing LA found enigmatic about Rondo was how a non-scoring PG can be so effective.

The Lakers never figured it out.

Rondo picked them apart in crunch time.

If Rondo continues in this way, I'd be perfectly happy to have him be an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

More Knee jerk reactions.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

[QUOTE]More Knee jerk reactions.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

The Game on thread is hilarious.  The first two pages are everyone saying how horrible various Celtics are playing and the last two pages are everyone saying "YAY"!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulliu. Show paulliu's posts

A lot of people here fall in and out of love with Celtic players faster than a junior high school girl falls in and out of love with boys.

Sections
Shortcuts