Easiest Way to Get a Center

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Easiest Way to Get a Center

Not a bad thought.  I like the 5.  Problem would be that they'll be worn out by the time the playoffs get here because there's no credible backup for the big men.  But, assuming JON, Delonte, Johnson (rookie), and someone else we pick up gave enough energy, it would be an interesting team.    Just not deep enough.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I like that Fierce.

The minute breakdowns would be fine among big men:

C - Big Al (24) JON (24)
    PF (KG 28) Big Al (8) Johnson (12)

The issue would be finding a backup for Pierce who can play 20 mins of gritty D on LeBron and Melo each game we play them (and Durant, Dirk, Kobe, etc.)

We haven't had that guy since Posey. I don't see Tayshaun or Battier taking 1 year at 3 million do you?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

The issue would be finding a backup for Pierce who can play 20 mins of gritty D on LeBron and Melo each game we play them (and Durant, Dirk, Kobe, etc.)

We haven't had that guy since Posey. I don't see Tayshaun or Battier taking 1 year at 3 million do you?

Grant Hill?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Easiest Way to Get a Center:
    [QUOTE]I like that Fierce. The minute breakdowns would be fine among big men: C - Big Al (24) JON (24) PF (KG 28) Big Al (8) Johnson (12) The issue would be finding a backup for Pierce who can play 20 mins of gritty D on LeBron and Melo each game we play them (and Durant, Dirk, Kobe, etc.) We haven't had that guy since Posey. I don't see Tayshaun or Battier taking 1 year at 3 million do you?
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

I agree that this is a good trade idea, but we definitely need a backup for Pierce. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rbrock911. Show rbrock911's posts

I agree - there are alot of formitable 2-3 type players that can play D and shoot  little that can be decent backups.  Big Al would be good specifically for his low-post scoring, as Shaq was are only realy low post threat over the past 5-6 years.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

NO THANKS !!!