East Will Still Be Wide Open Next Season....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

East Will Still Be Wide Open Next Season....

Miami needs to win this year because it's going to be a battle to dominate next year.   I could easily see any of these four teams winning the East next year if things for right.  Remember Miami still has no bench.  Bosh isn't Garnett in his prime, he's more like Jermaine O'Neil when he was at his best.   Until Miami stacks that team with veterans like Jordan's Bulls had, they'll never be the dynasty sports writers have made them out to be. 

CHICAGO - They're only going to get better, since they're so young.  It's scary to think how good they could be. 

ORLANDO - There still isn't a player than can match up against Howard.  The Magic will be desperate to make a big impact trade to bring in a player who can help Howard win a championship.   

BOSTON - If Green adapts to Boston after a full season and can become that Lamar Odom X-factor player for the Celtics, along with a healthy Garnett, Pierce, Allen, and Rondo, we could still beat anyone in the playoffs next year, if we're healthy and don't get old. 

NEW YORK - This team could be scary next season if they stay healthy and Carmelo and Stodimier turn into a lethal tandem with a full season under their belt.  They're still have Billups and who knows what key role player they can bring in. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Re: East Will Still Be Wide Open Next Season....

In Response to East Will Still Be Wide Open Next Season....:
    [QUOTE]Miami needs to win this year because it's going to be a battle to dominate next year.   I could easily see any of these four teams winning the East next year if things for right.  Remember Miami still has no bench.  Bosh isn't Garnett in his prime, he's more like Jermaine O'Neil when he was at his best.   Until Miami stacks that team with veterans like Jordan's Bulls had, they'll never be the dynasty sports writers have made them out to be.  CHICAGO - They're only going to get better, since they're so young.  It's scary to think how good they could be.  ORLANDO - There still isn't a player than can match up against Howard.  The Magic will be desperate to make a big impact trade to bring in a player who can help Howard win a championship.    BOSTON - If Green adapts to Boston after a full season and can become that Lamar Odom X-factor player for the Celtics, along with a healthy Garnett, Pierce, Allen, and Rondo, we could still beat anyone in the playoffs next year, if we're healthy and don't get old.  NEW YORK - This team could be scary next season if they stay healthy and Carmelo and Stodimier turn into a lethal tandem with a full season under their belt.  They're still have Billups and who knows what key role player they can bring in. 
    Posted by DuncanOrange[/QUOTE]  You are right on all four counts, and with a bit so something needed Atlanta could be a spoiler.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

I think Lebron is going to regret long term coming to Miami.   Dwayne Wade wants to be the man with the ball.  Lebron needs to be a team where he gets the be the scorer and be teamed with a dominate big man as well as a Chris Paul/Darren Williams type point guard that can help set Lebron up.   Instead, Lebron is in Miami, where people will keep questioning him when Wade scores 34 and gets the last shot and Lebron has the more balance 22 points, 8 rebounds, 7 assists.    

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Remember Miami still has no bench."

They will address that in the offseason, they have more room to manouver than the Celts do. 

Your other points are valid except: Jeff Green is not signed, he's a restricted free agent, and I see nothing to make me think he is anything like a Lamar Odom type. I'm not sure we should resign him, depends on what he expect dollarwise. Davis won't be around, nor will Shaq, who contributed big early in the season. Plus the big three a year older. Celts will have their work cut out for them not taking a step back next season. 

When you look at it objectively, this was really our best year to push for the title again. 

We'll go to the playoffs next year of course, but it's gonna take a miracle roster move to get us over the hump. Well, Ainge at his best maybe can do it. 

I see us taking a step back next year and then hopefully a big step forward the following year as our bigger contracts mostly expire.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LALAKERSMAN. Show LALAKERSMAN's posts

In Response to East Will Still Be Wide Open Next Season....:
    [QUOTE]Miami needs to win this year because it's going to be a battle to dominate next year.   I could easily see any of these four teams winning the East next year if things for right.  Remember Miami still has no bench.  Bosh isn't Garnett in his prime, he's more like Jermaine O'Neil when he was at his best.   Until Miami stacks that team with veterans like Jordan's Bulls had, they'll never be the dynasty sports writers have made them out to be.  CHICAGO - They're only going to get better, since they're so young.  It's scary to think how good they could be.  ORLANDO - There still isn't a player than can match up against Howard.  The Magic will be desperate to make a big impact trade to bring in a player who can help Howard win a championship.    BOSTON - If Green adapts to Boston after a full season and can become that Lamar Odom X-factor player for the Celtics, along with a healthy Garnett, Pierce, Allen, and Rondo, we could still beat anyone in the playoffs next year, if we're healthy and don't get old.  NEW YORK - This team could be scary next season if they stay healthy and Carmelo and Stodimier turn into a lethal tandem with a full season under their belt.  They're still have Billups and who knows what key role player they can bring in. 
    Posted by DuncanOrange[/QUOTE]

NEWSFLASH!!!!!! your old!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

Green will be back, I can't imagine any other team throwing a blockbuster offer his way.   

As I've always said is the key to the Celtics is Rondo.   Rondo was he's playing his best is an incredible playmaker.  Had he not broke his arm, that series would have been much different.   If Rondo can continue to improve and stay consistent, we'll be in good shape.   Pierce is old, but he can still score 20-25 every night.  Allen had one of his best seasons this year and shooters can play long.  Garnett is the wild card, does he have one more year in him, where he can dominate on defense, rebound, and give us 16-20 points a game.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: East Will Still Be Wide Open Next Season....:
    [QUOTE]" Remember Miami still has no bench." They will address that in the offseason, they have more room to manouver than the Celts do.  Your other points are valid except: Jeff Green is not signed, he's a restricted free agent, and I see nothing to make me think he is anything like a Lamar Odom type. I'm not sure we should resign him, depends on what he expect dollarwise. Davis won't be around, nor will Shaq, who contributed big early in the season. Plus the big three a year older. Celts will have their work cut out for them not taking a step back next season.  When you look at it objectively, this was really our best year to push for the title again.  We'll go to the playoffs next year of course, but it's gonna take a miracle roster move to get us over the hump. Well, Ainge at his best maybe can do it.  I see us taking a step back next year and then hopefully a big step forward the following year as our bigger contracts mostly expire.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  We had difficulty improving this team last year because of the salary cap.  It isn't going to be any better next season.  The salary cap will probably be even lower.   I don't see this team making it very far in the playoffs until the big 3 are gone and this team has the opportunity to sign elite/good players again. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

Signing elite young players will be hard, especially with Rondo looking like a player who can't do it by himself like a Chris Paul or Darren Williams can.  One of the big reasons Garnett and Allen wanted to come here was because Pierce was an All-Star SF who could score 25-30 points a game.   

Miami never would have got Bosh and James together is Wade wasn't there.  Boston is going to have a tough time rebuilding once the big three are gone. 

The big stars in this league will probably go to the following.  .

DWIGHT HOWARD - He'll be a Laker, you can mark it down. 

CHRIS PAUL - Will probably end up with the Knicks. 

Sections
Shortcuts