Eastern Conference Standings as of Nov. 30th

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

Eastern Conference Standings as of Nov. 30th

Wow.  Aside from Indy and Miami, the C's are certainly 'capable' of beating anyone in a 7 game series.  Imagine what happens if Lebron's back finally collapses, or Paul George twisted a knee?  The C's would tank their way right into the Finals. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

Re: Eastern Conference Standings as of Nov. 30th

lets not get crazy!

but, as the team stands now and assuming Rondo returns 100% around christmas time, this team might be a playoff team.

in fact this team COULD end up with a better rexord than last years team.

would that be a good thing long term.......most here think not.

but, at this point unless Ainge starts dumping talent...the Celtics don't ahve much change getting a top 3 pick ni next years draft.

so what if we end up 33-49 and have the seventh pick?

we get a player like Harris (Mich St)

and then get a player like Hanlen (BC) with the later pick?

so we have a bunch guys who are learning to LOSE games and we end up with none of the big 3 in this draft.

who was it said the only thing you leanr from losing is how to be a loser?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MitchUnderpants' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wow.  Aside from Indy and Miami, the C's are certainly 'capable' of beating anyone in a 7 game series.  Imagine what happens if Lebron's back finally collapses, or Paul George twisted a knee?  The C's would tank their way right into the Finals. 

[/QUOTE]

Don't get crazy...the entire East conference, aside from the Heat and the Pacers, SUCK...the talent and playing difference between teams with winning records and losing records is simply astounding....I've never seen the NBA be in such bad shape as this...a good thrid of the teams are not competitive and we are one....we HAVE to suck to get a decent draft pick...it WILL NOT be the result of tanking...it will be because we just aren't that good...and don't forget, the trades haven't happend yet, and they will, before the trade deadline.

[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

NBA fan for 50 years.Never was such a mess as it is now.The whole league has 2 teams with chance o winning it all.The ideia of 3 superstars in a team,is killing the league.Appears to me that is exacly what the super agentes e super sponsors want.So we have a super mediocre league.Go Celtics

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to debrit's comment:
    [QUOTE]

NBA fan for 50 years.Never was such a mess as it is now.The whole league has 2 teams with chance o winning it all.The ideia of 3 superstars in a team,is killing the league.Appears to me that is exacly what the super agentes e super sponsors want.So we have a super mediocre league.Go Celtics

[/QUOTE]

There are too many teams. The talent is deluded. The NBA was better in the 1980's.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

I hate having to say this but I think that the Celtics have become middle of the road. With a record of 7-11 you know that Boston would have won at least half of the 11 games (rounding up) with Rondo playing. Boston would be good enough to get into the playoffs but not enough win the Finals. Boston is winning too many games in this top heavy Eastern Conference. I certainly don't want a repeat of the 20 year drought.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

That 20 year draught included the deaths of Len Bias and Reggie Lewis.....Bias was projected to become a superstar based on his size, skills, athleticsm, and a great college career......Lewis was just entering his prime and was an all star.....chances of a repeat in this category are pretty slim...I'm all for getting a top 5 pick if possible..but...I'm also extremely impressed with the way Stevens is coaching and the way the players are responding....I love Sully and I'm impressed right now with the way Crawford is playing...there will be trades but there is also a foundation being built...and we do have a lot of first round picks in hand if Ainge wants to make some deals....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Munk762002. Show Munk762002's posts

In response to MitchUnderpants's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Agree along way to go before the playoffs anything can happen dont like the idea of tanking giving the team a losing attitude and labeled losers draft picks pan out once in a while besides most championships are built on experience and chemistry. Be unselfish and play together thats what wins games  

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In response to Duke4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That 20 year draught included the deaths of Len Bias and Reggie Lewis.....Bias was projected to become a superstar based on his size, skills, athleticsm, and a great college career......Lewis was just entering his prime and was an all star.....chances of a repeat in this category are pretty slim...I'm all for getting a top 5 pick if possible..but...I'm also extremely impressed with the way Stevens is coaching and the way the players are responding....I love Sully and I'm impressed right now with the way Crawford is playing...there will be trades but there is also a foundation being built...and we do have a lot of first round picks in hand if Ainge wants to make some deals....

[/QUOTE]
    The drought was a result of much more than the deaths of Bias and Lewis (though their deaths certainly played a big part of why Boston disappeared in the 90's). There were poor draft picks, bad trades, poor coaching. Management also made the mistake of signing players who were still serviceable but not capable of carrying the team to the finals, including guys like: Dominique Wilkins, Xavier McDaniel. I like what the Celtics are doing right now in developing the young players for next season. Many of us were hooting and hollering for O'Brien and Rivers to develop the Celtics young talent but they refused to do so. What is interesting is that these young guys are starting to jel and they are starting to believe in themselves. I am particularly impressed with Crawford. I couldn't stand his play last season. He was too out of control. He seems like a different player this year. More mature. I am still disappointed in Jeff Green. This guy should be a monster but he is just too timid. Mark my word, when Rondo returns the Celtics are going to be beating some of the top-tiered teams. I just don't want them to! I am really hoping for a top 6 pick.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" Aside from Indy and Miami, the C's are certainly 'capable' of beating anyone in a 7 game seri"

One little problem with your thesis: 

The Pacers could whip the Celts without Paul George and the Heat could beat the Celts without Lebron James. 

It's true there are a lot of bad teams in the east, so if you're content to be amongts the bad teams, fine. 

The Milwaukee Bucks have three wins this season, two against the Celts. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

The teams in the East are all bunched together...someone will play better.  I'm betting on both NY teams.

BTS pointed out that MIL has beaten us twice this year.  Also important to note is that we have played 3 more games than the Bucks.  For arguments sake, if they won those 3, we'd be 1/2 game better than the Bucks!  I see PHI, ORL BOS and CHA as the 4 worst teams right now.  MIL may get  better, may not, but I think they will end up better than us.

There are no teams ahead of us, including the Pistons, that  I would like to play in a 7 game series right now.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.