Eastern Conference vs Western Conference

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Re: Eastern Conference vs Western Conference

Thank you! The Spurs are a solid team and should go down as one of the best sides in recent history. I'd even say they are better than the Knicks teams of the 70's. They certainly seem to have been a championship calibre team for a longer period of time than the Knicks were.

The Spurs get labelled for playing boring basketball. But that's their style and it's how they succeed. I think it's part sour grapes from other teams fans who complain about the Spurs. If their team played the same type of ball the Spurs did and they had the same level of success the Spurs have had in the last 11 or so years, then I'm sure they wouldn't be complaining.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

In Response to Re: Eastern Conference vs Western Conference:
    [QUOTE]Thanks CK57 for pointing that out for us. Great Post!
    Posted by EliasB[/QUOTE]

Are you being sarcastic. The post is nothing. What is his point. We are 13% of the way through the season and the results east vs west prove what?

Who cares is my response. Well obviously you do but why? To give a little dig to the Celtics fans? To what end?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Eastern Conference vs Western Conference : Must say I'm surprised at those figures. But doesn't change how I feel in regards to sides with losing records making the finals. It really does make a mockery of the regular season, when you can fail to win half your games and make the finals. If you take an exam and score 34 out of 72, you should not expect an invitation to study at Yale or Harvard. It's rewarding mediocrity. I believe the Lakers dominated the West in the 80's because we simply had the best two players in the conference in our team. Houston took full advantage of our problems in 1981. And that shot in 1986 was more luck than anything else, although Houston did play well and put themselves in a position to win the series so good luck to them.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

411 posts in 156 days...you have been busy. Why don't you post your factoids about the lakers on laker's pages. Why do you post it here on the Celtics comment pages?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Hey, please don't get on her case.....she is one of the best posters this board has seen....a Laker fan, yes but very intelligent and insightful....she deserves our respect....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

[QUOTE]We were guilty in 1986 of underestimating the Rockets. Massively underestimating them and not giving them the respect they deserved. Having the Lakers meat the Celtics in 1986 would have been a great challenge for both sides. The Rockets were not the greatest team, but they still took two off the Celtics were you'd think that series, on paper at least, should have been a sweep for the Celtics.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

OK, on this point I have to respectfully disagree.....Boston won both regular season contests with ease....the games weren't close.....Walton gave Kareem fits.......even blocked several of his shots.....remember Walton went on to play in 80 games and was named Sixth Man of the Year.....this was, in my opinion one of the greatest teams to play the game....it is said they had no weakness....great shooters and scorers....tough defense and rebounding....great passing team with ball skills...depth....went 40-1 at home......they were not going to lose to anyone that year....and then look at what happened the next year.....massive injuries to most of the team.....that they made it to game 6 of the finals was incredible!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]OK, on this point I have to respectfully disagree.....Boston won both regular season contests with ease....the games weren't close.....Walton gave Kareem fits.......even blocked several of his shots.....remember Walton went on to play in 80 games and was named Sixth Man of the Year.....this was, in my opinion one of the greatest teams to play the game....it is said they had no weakness....great shooters and scorers....tough defense and rebounding....great passing team with ball skills...depth....went 40-1 at home......they were not going to lose to anyone that year....and then look at what happened the next year.....massive injuries to most of the team.....that they made it to game 6 of the finals was incredible!
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

Duke I think that the Celtics made it to the 1987 finals was one of their great accomplishments of the 1980's seeing what they overcame to get there. One of the reasons I admire Larry Bird was his performances in 1987. Not only injuries for the Celtics but having to deal with the whole Bias tragedy. Certainly a cursed year in a lot of ways.

I think one of the reasons we acquired Mychal Thompson was to attempt to counter Bill Walton. Never saw the regular season games between the Lakers and Celtics in 85/86. Would have been something seeing Walton on Kareem. Celtics had such a luxury being able to bring Walton off the bench. Shame they only had him for one season. But better to have him for one year than no years.
    And in that one season he really did give another small glimpse of what he was capable of.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

as always, you totally get it......the '87 season obviously started with such hope with the drafting of Bias.....the season ended tragically for Boston but they gave it their all and came close....it wasn't a win....but it did show their collective heart....the next year was the beginning of the end...although they hung around for a few more good years....it's nice to be able to root for a champion again....good work Danny....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

....going back to my initial point.....over a twelve year span....seven losing seasons....six trips to the playoffs....('56-'67)......Western Conference was weak....just taking a shot at Hollande'rs view on the "greatest franchise"...sorry...I guess I couldn't help myself....I should just say....Happy Thanksgiving to all of my fellow posters...in a way we are all
    family no.....?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StupidEediot. Show StupidEediot's posts

As of today, the 3 divsion leaders in the Western Conference are 16-0 against the Eastern Conference.

The top 6 Western Conference teams are a combined 32-2 against the East.  They are 41-20 against Western teams.

That is really pathetic.

Sections
Shortcuts