Eddie House's opinion on Miami's Big 3

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ControllerMod. Show ControllerMod's posts

Eddie House's opinion on Miami's Big 3

For what it is worth: http://www.nesn.com/2010/08/eddie-house-miami-big-three-will-be-like-boston-on-steroids.html

Also sounds like he was pissed at Boston for trading him to a team with no chance. Probably never considered coming back to Boston at the VM.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Re: Eddie House's opinion on Miami's Big 3

So he thinks that they are already better then the C's in 08. But he forgot that he(himself) was way better back then ...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenpride32. Show greenpride32's posts

I don't see Eddie's comments as a shot at Boston at all.  Miami's Big 3 is in the prime of their careers, and Boston's was not.  Boston's Big 3 would have to be formed in 2000-2001 to be equivalent really.

Interesting choice of words though, because I have long suspected D-Wade of being on roids.  And would not be shocked if James was also.  Just look at the size of their jaw bones.  That doesn't normally continue to grow after you have reached adulthood.  Since they are both ripped I don't see that as being baby fat they picked up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nba-favours-the-lakers. Show nba-favours-the-lakers's posts

EDDIE HOUSE SHOULD RETIRE

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nba-favours-the-lakers. Show nba-favours-the-lakers's posts

the heat will meet the lakers in the nba finals the nba is curupt the refs are paid of buy david stern dany aigns is paid of buy stern thats why he doesnt sign a back up small forward

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

Eddie sounds like an embittered old man who realizes he's in the twilight of a once illustrious career.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

In Response to Re: Eddie House's opinion on Miami's Big 3:
    Interesting choice of words though, because I have long suspected D-Wade of being on roids.  And would not be shocked if James was also.  Just look at the size of their jaw bones.  That doesn't normally continue to grow after you have reached adulthood.  Since they are both ripped I don't see that as being baby fat they picked up.
    Posted by greenpride32

Does the NBA even test for 'roids?  If so, has anyone ever been caught?  And if so, what was the punishment?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

I still think trading Eddie was a mistake, and if he played the postseason for us last year, having that one more guy who could stick shots when RA went cold, we would have another title.  No offense to Nate Robinson, Eddie could really go off and was a big shot guy who played hard and always seemed to make good things happen on the floor.  Not the most complete player ever, but he did his thing and did it very well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

I don't see Eddie's comments as a shot at Boston at all.  Miami's Big 3 is in the prime of their careers, and Boston's was not.  Boston's Big 3 would have to be formed in 2000-2001 to be equivalent really. Interesting choice of words though, because I have long suspected D-Wade of being on roids.  And would not be shocked if James was also.  Just look at the size of their jaw bones.  That doesn't normally continue to grow after you have reached adulthood.  Since they are both ripped I don't see that as being baby fat they picked up.
    Posted by greenpride32

give me a break...they are not on steroids...HGH? that might be believable for a sport such as basketball...but not roids...basketball is a game of muscle memory and roids change the chemistry of your muscles

jaw bones? thats a pretty weak argument for their usage

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Rashard Lewis was tested positive for steroids the season before last, just after the Magic were ousted in the playoffs. Therefore players are tested in the NBA for steroids.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Eddie had a good playoffs in 08 and some real good games in 09. He played well both regular seasons too, generally speaking.  However, in 2010 Eddie lost something that made him a big time bench player for us... his SHOT!

He went to the Knicks and still shot poorly. Could just be Eddies extremely fast release, which he must have to be effective in the NBA, was getting to be a bit too much as he got older. Bad streaks is one thing (Ray is an expert on that) but Eddies was the entire season. Something we dont know about got Eddie traded imo, although I felt getting Nate for him was a good trade at the time. Still do.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Eddie House's opinion on Miami's Big 3 : Does the NBA even test for 'roids?  If so, has anyone ever been caught?  And if so, what was the punishment?
    Posted by henryfinkel

they threw stanley roberts out for life after he was caught taking ecstasy.

but this is david stern you're talking about.  do you think he'd take a hard stance on performance enhancers?  drug violations are so secret in the nba that it's pathetic.  they sure aren't in real life.

anyhoo as of 2005, stern was posturing, talking a good game about 3 strikes and you're out regarding steroids. 

http://www.ktvu.com/sports/4502303/detail.html

dubious darius seems to be the last player suspended for roids

http://grg51.typepad.com/steroid_nation/2008/12/darrius-miles-.html

and, the total list of all time nba steroid violators

add to that darius miles.  so there are 4.

lindsey hunter got suspended 10 games for using phentermine in 2007.  not a roid but a weight loss drug.

once again, even if d-wade and bronnie put roids in their cereal every morning instead of milk, do you think weak-minded david stern would do anything about it?

after those rumblings about 'getting tougher' in 2005, i can't find any evidence that a new and tougher steroid / perf. enhancer policy was enacted in the nba.  looks like david stern is all over this like a cheap suit.  and stern's rumblings only came after the nba was branded with a 'pathetic' steroid violation policy by US lawmakers examining roids in sports.  so the squeaky wheel gets greased, only if it keeps squeaking, with d. stern at the helm.

so that leaves you with the old discretionary steroid testing policy- in season testing only if there is PROBABLE CAUSE.  i bet the union has a room full of smelly over-caffeinated lawyers just waiting for those calls- probable cause- LOL.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Eddie House's opinion on Miami's Big 3 : give me a break...they are not on steroids...HGH? that might be believable for a sport such as basketball...but not roids...basketball is a game of muscle memory and roids change the chemistry of your muscles jaw bones? thats a pretty weak argument for their usage
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

What about Alonzo Mourning's kidney failure?

And where the h*ll are all these Heat fans coming from?  Yes, there a lot of Celtics bandwagon homies, but lest you forget we already had 16 championships and a real fan base.  And I'll be the first to say that the noise is piped into Gillette because none of the fans around me stand up and cheer out loud enough to convince me otherwise, but come on!  Since when did you, one of the many respectable Dolphins fans on the Patriots board, start giving a sh*t about the Heat???  City pride?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

what about zo's kidney failure?

i cant speak for others but ive been a heat fan since the beginning...going back to the glen rice, grant long, john krotty, rony seikaly, steve smith days

i didnt usually post in here because the threads are usually fairly quiet but i saw some malicious lebron threads and thought id chime in over here as well

btw, the fanbase argument is so terrible...now i dont know you or anything...but IMO you can only brag about the titles you were alive for...and even then...id be more williing to accept titles when you were actually a fan of the team ya know...its like the phins won the AFC in 84...but i was 2...cant say i have alot to brag about that team, ya know?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

what about zo's kidney failure? i cant speak for others but ive been a heat fan since the beginning...going back to the glen rice, grant long, john krotty, rony seikaly, steve smith days i didnt usually post in here because the threads are usually fairly quiet but i saw some malicious lebron threads and thought id chime in over here as well btw, the fanbase argument is so terrible...now i dont know you or anything...but IMO you can only brag about the titles you were alive for...and even then...id be more williing to accept titles when you were actually a fan of the team ya know...its like the phins won the AFC in 84...but i was 2...cant say i have alot to brag about that team, ya know?
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Well I started being a Celtics fan at EXACTLY the right time... in 1995 when they tore down the real Garden and starting s*cking hardcore.  I got to see a team with Pervis Ellison, Andrwe DeClerq, and Eric Montross.  Good times :-/

I wasn't accusing you so much as asking if everyone in Miami was always a Heat fan or if they're just happy that their city is a legitimate contender and thought they'd hop on board for the ride.  Seems that way - nobody from Miami would bother talking about them before except the rare few.  And I still believe that we have a stronger fan base for the Celtics because of the tradition (although again, I'll be the first to admit that I think the Red Sox' and Pats' fan bases are completely watered down now)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

fair enough

i think something alot of people up here take for granted is that their teams have been around for forever...its the teams of the father's and grandfathers

in miami, only the phins and heat could legally drink with the heat just turning 21...and then throw in all the snow birds to have diluted the south floridian fan base down there and it makes building a fan base very difficult without instant success

being that the heat have been since 89...they have a much stronger following in miami than the panthers or marlins do (and winning it all in 06 certainly helped) so its not like a huge bandwagon happened overnight...and ill also admit that there are probably a heck of alot more bandwagon fans wearing heat gear than id like to see...but for every brand new lebron jersey...i know there are more like me who rock the glen rice jersey and will always rock hard core with their alonzo mourning jersey

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Eddie House's opinion on Miami's Big 3 : Well I started being a Celtics fan at EXACTLY the right time... in 1995 when they tore down the real Garden and starting s*cking hardcore.  I got to see a team with Pervis Ellison, Andrwe DeClerq, and Eric Montross.  Good times :-/
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

you forgot vitaly potato and marty conlon.......... :-O

Sections
Shortcuts