Eddy Curry and the Dallas Mavericks PUNCH the Lakers squarely in the THROAT!

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Re: Eddy Curry and the Dallas Mavericks PUNCH the Lakers squarely in the THROAT!

http://www.voanews.com/content/cleveland-cavaliers-end-longest-losing-streak-in-nba-history-116087859/173959.html 

only 16 more to go to make history!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Eddy Curry and the Dallas Mavericks PUNCH the Lakers squarely in the THROAT!

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When the Lakers went 0-8 in the preseason, GK it's just preseason. Excuses?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtGBIOEf7ro&list=FLJjJgbLFjvdmFc8JXyZnUFQ&index=4&feature=plpp_video

Tonight the Lakers lost to a team that might not even have homecourt advantage in the 1st round of the playoffs. 

Ugh!

The Lakers lost a regular season game. It's just regular season?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtGBIOEf7ro&list=FLJjJgbLFjvdmFc8JXyZnUFQ&index=4&feature=plpp_video

[/QUOTE]

While it makes me feel all warm and cozy inside that LA lost, how about we stick to the sensible insults and take the high road here? We've all said for weeks that LA has multiple concerns that need to be addressed and esp early on will experience serious growing pains. yes they have 100% been overrated.

But bellowing hysterically that they lost to a team that may not have 'homecourt in rd 1 of the playoffs' is a pretty ignorant jab. In last years short season the Heat lost to FIVE non-playoff teams and five more than were 6-7-8 seeds.

In '08 the C's dropped 6 of their 16 L's to the likes of the Wiz, Jazz, Raptor's, Warriors and Bobcats.

It happens... A LOT

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

I'm right there with Fierce. I gave Bloggety suck the chance to choose intelligently if he wanted the C's Bench and Doc or the 3 idiots and the Lakers Bench and he refused to choose because any intelligent person would choose Doc and the C's bench. He thought he was being smart and he only proved how stupid he is.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

Another thing to mention if your the heat and your the Spurs and you saw how Curry completely bullied both Big Softy and Gasol last night both those teams are probably shooting themselves in the foot right now. Steve Nash had his pocket picked by some kid Pietrus discovered at some basketball camp. I never heard of him and Nash probably didn't either. Classic. And yes I noticed he can't even sit on the bench because of his back. 9 million well spent.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Tonight the Lakers lost to a team that might not even have homecourt advantage in the 1st round of the playoffs. 

Ugh!

[/QUOTE]

While it makes me feel all warm and cozy inside that LA lost, how about we stick to the sensible insults and take the high road here? We've all said for weeks that LA has multiple concerns that need to be addressed and esp early on will experience serious growing pains. yes they have 100% been overrated.

But bellowing hysterically that they lost to a team that may not have 'homecourt in rd 1 of the playoffs' is a pretty ignorant jab. In last years short season the Heat lost to FIVE non-playoff teams and five more than were 6-7-8 seeds.

In '08 the C's dropped 6 of their 16 L's to the likes of the Wiz, Jazz, Raptor's, Warriors and Bobcats.

It happens... A LOT

[/QUOTE]

The Lakers are a crappy team. That's why they lost to a team that might not even have homecourt advantage in the 1st round. I never said the Lakers are a crappy team because they lost to the Mavs.

Check out page 1 and the rest of this thread. I gave a detailed explanation as to why the Lakers are a crappy team.

Tomorrow, the Lakers will lose to the Blazers and on Friday against the Clips. Hope you'll understand what I'm saying by then.

Like I said, if it's a clown running the show, it's a circus, not an NBA team.

LA Lakers - Where Brown is clown.

[/QUOTE]

I understand what you are saying about them 90% of the time, its nothing new compared to what most every other C's fan says: no coach, no bench, age, injuries, etc. They are not going to be the 60 win team ESPN or whoever has overhyped them to be.

They will be what I said they will be from day 1: A 50-54 win club in the mix for a 3-6 seed and the priviledge of losing in rd 2 if most things go right or the west finals if almost everything goes right.

But losing game 1 to a borderline playoff team is hardly the definitive proof you need to call their season a failure or LA a 'crappy' team. I just provided you the facts on how pretty much every NBA champion loses a couple of games to lotto teams, let alone ones that will make the playoffs and be 1 and done like the Mavs. I wasn't saying your overall prediction of how they will turn out as a club was wrong.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Fierce, whats the line on the clown and the princeton offense making through the year?? lol..

bench scoring 37-17  Mavs!..Hill is a good rebounder, but he gives up the same amount of pts at the other end...Wright was blowing past him all night..Howard looks like a 40 yr old out there...

[/QUOTE]
    It should be interesting to see if or when Howard fully recovers.  His contributions will be a deciding factor if the Lakers are going to have any success.  If he starts to improve, the Lakers should be very successful.  Although, similar to the Celtics they have many older players.  The Celtics at least have a much improved bench of veterans and younger players. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

The Lakers' players are not the problem. 

Prove me wrong, Brown.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

they wont win anything with that sc.hmuck brown as their coach

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gutless blaggedy nowhere to be found. 

That said I expect the Lakers to be a good team this year. However clearly awarding them the championship was premature. 

Dirk wasn't even playing lol

[/QUOTE]

If what you mean by good is 4th or 5th seed, then you're right. But there's no way the Lakers are a top 3 team in the west. No way!

[/QUOTE]
    "there's no way the Lakers are a top 3 team in the west. No way!"

Where did I hear this before?????

Re: Celtics vs. Heat 10/30/12

posted at 10/30/2012 09:20:11 EDT

• Fiercest34
    • First: 03/24/2011
    • Last: 10/31/2012

No way the Heat score 120 pts in this game.

We all believe in everything you say. You are only wrong 99.9% of the time...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Ugh!

[/QUOTE]

It happens... A LOT

[/QUOTE]

The Lakers are a crappy team. That's why they lost to a team that might not even have homecourt advantage in the 1st round. I never said the Lakers are a crappy team because they lost to the Mavs.

Check out page 1 and the rest of this thread. I gave a detailed explanation as to why the Lakers are a crappy team.

Tomorrow, the Lakers will lose to the Blazers and on Friday against the Clips. Hope you'll understand what I'm saying by then.

[/QUOTE]

Again, I agree with your analysis of WHY they won't be as good as advertised or hyped up to be... I just think certain examples like 'losing to a team that won't get homecourt in the playoff's' is a pretty weak reason for why they will be 'crappy' over the next 81 games and the playoffs (which they will make)

A crappy team is a lotto team, so I think you are going to have quite the task ahead of you trying to explain all season long how a top 10 team that wins over 50 games is 'crappy' just b/c maybe come May they falter in rd 2 again. 99% of people would consider that a very good but flawed team that just doesn't have what it takes to win it all. Like the '09, '11 and '12 Celtics... who were not 'crappy' just injured or 1-2 players away from a title.

But I'm sure you will find a way to spin it and suffocate the board with cut and pasted pictures and insults that will make you feel you are correct in your own mind. and hey, if La is a lotto team that fails to win 45 games then sure, I'll be on board with you. But my prediction of a flawed team that exits the playoffs in rd 2 or so will likely be correct, that won't be a 'crappy' team and I will have wasted almost none of my time having little girl p!ssy fights with loser trolls over it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Ugh!

[/QUOTE]

It happens... A LOT

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Again, I agree with your analysis of WHY they won't be as good as advertised or hyped up to be... I just think certain examples like 'losing to a team that won't get homecourt in the playoff's' is a pretty weak reason for why they will be 'crappy' over the next 81 games and the playoffs (which they will make)

A crappy team is a lotto team, so I think you are going to have quite the task ahead of you trying to explain all season long how a top 10 team that wins over 50 games is 'crappy' just b/c maybe come May they falter in rd 2 again. 99% of people would consider that a very good but flawed team that just doesn't have what it takes to win it all. Like the '09, '11 and '12 Celtics... who were not 'crappy' just injured or 1-2 players away from a title.

But I'm sure you will find a way to spin it and suffocate the board with cut and pasted pictures and insults that will make you feel you are correct in your own mind. and hey, if La is a lotto team that fails to win 45 games then sure, I'll be on board with you. But my prediction of a flawed team that exits the playoffs in rd 2 or so will likely be correct, that won't be a 'crappy' team and I will have wasted almost none of my time having little girl p!ssy fights with loser trolls over it.

[/QUOTE]

Fierce called the 87 Laker team crappy because they played the Sonics who had a 42-40 record in the Western conference  finals

Its funny now how he compares Rondo and Green to the  87 version of  Magic and Worthy.

And yet he calls the 87 Lakers crappy. So is he saying Rondo and Green are crappy?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to dirty52's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Fierce called the 87 Laker team crappy because they played the Sonics who had a 42-40 record in the Western conference  finals

Its funny now how he compares Rondo and Green to the  87 version of  Magic and Worthy.

And yet he calls the 87 Lakers crappy. So is he saying Rondo and Green are crappy?

[/QUOTE]

Oh, you guys are back.  I like the humility.  Defending your Lakers.  This is tolerable.  It is the BlaggetyBlahBlahs and the TommyStupids that increase our enjoyment of Lakers misfortunes.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to dirty52's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're so dirty.

I never called the 87 Lakers a crappy team. What I said was the 87 Lakers faced weaker competition, like a Sonics team with a losing record, to get to the Finals.

The 2012-13 Lakers are crappy and will not win a championship.

If you have actual proof that I called the 1987 Lakers a crappy team, then show it.

Now you're resorting to making stuff up?

You're not only dirty, you're also pathetic!

Untitled

[/QUOTE]

No i am not making things up. I will find the post  . but i have my doubts since you will probably delete it before i do

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I was actually the first poster to make the roster comparison between these Celtics and the '84-'88 Lakers back in August.

The Lakers ALWAYS had the easier route to get to the finals in the 80's... it is why they went 8-9 times... the East always had 2 of the 3 best teams in the league and 4 of the top 6... Boston was KILLING themselves to get past teams like Philly and Detroit while LA had 42-40 teams in their way.

That is why the conspiracy people say LA rolled over and quit in '86... to avoid a sure sweep at the hands of the Celtics in the finals... and that the reason the Rockets took the Celtics to 6 games was b/c the C's were so dissapointed that they were not going to CRUSH LA and get revenge for '85 that they came out flat and disheartened in a couple of those finals games.

Anyhow... for Fierce to call any team 'crappy' before it lands in the lotto is pretty ignorant and silly. He obviously has a different definition of the word from 99% of the rest of the world... he feels the word means: underachieving, overrated, slightly above average, not as good as expected but still competitive, or something along those lines.

I save the word 'crappy' for any team that loses more games than it wins and fails to make the playoffs. If LA wins 48 games, gets the 6 seed and is bounced in round 1 (probably the WORST they could POSSIBLY do) they still will not be a 'crappy' team.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

I was actually the first poster to make the roster comparison between these Celtics and the '84-'88 Lakers back in August.

The Lakers ALWAYS had the easier route to get to the finals in the 80's... it is why they went 8-9 times... the East always had 2 of the 3 best teams in the league and 4 of the top 6... Boston was KILLING themselves to get past teams like Philly and Detroit while LA had 42-40 teams in their way.

That is why the conspiracy people say LA rolled over and quit in '86... to avoid a sure sweep at the hands of the Celtics in the finals... and that the reason the Rockets took the Celtics to 6 games was b/c the C's were so dissapointed that they were not going to CRUSH LA and get revenge for '85 that they came out flat and disheartened in a couple of those finals games.

Anyhow... for Fierce to call any team 'crappy' before it lands in the lotto is pretty ignorant and silly. He obviously has a different definition of the word from 99% of the rest of the world... he feels the word means: underachieving, overrated, slightly above average, not as good as expected but still competitive, or something along those lines.

I save the word 'crappy' for any team that loses more games than it wins and fails to make the playoffs. If LA wins 48 games, gets the 6 seed and is bounced in round 1 (probably the WORST they could POSSIBLY do) they still will not be a 'crappy' team.

[/QUOTE]

I agree "crappy" is not the right word.....but you know Fierce.  He'll be saying they are crappy all year.  I DO agree that they are tough to root for if you are not a lakers fan.  Nash likes to push the ball, the Princeton Offense wants you to slow the ball down.  Fouling Howard in the low post will become the norm, and he doesn't really run, anyway.

Artest, while thinner, looked out of sorts last night..........their bench is terrible and they have bad coaching.  Again, not agreeing with "crappy", but  according to a Thesauras, synonyms would be:  icky, lousy, rotten...or - difficult to watch, that 's what I'm going with!!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree "crappy" is not the right word.....but you know Fierce.  He'll be saying they are crappy all year.  I DO agree that they are tough to root for if you are not a lakers fan.  Nash likes to push the ball, the Princeton Offense wants you to slow the ball down.  Fouling Howard in the low post will become the norm, and he doesn't really run, anyway.

Artest, while thinner, looked out of sorts last night..........their bench is terrible and they have bad coaching.  Again, not agreeing with "crappy", but  according to a Thesauras, synonyms would be:  icky, lousy, rotten...or - difficult to watch, that 's what I'm going with!!

[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah spot on there hedley

They are a disgusting team of horrible human beings, clowns, thugs, etc. and VERY hard to watch and no basketball fan who didn't grow up rooting for them should EVER enjoy what is going on over there. Poor Steve Nash, he's actual a good guy.

Of course if they finish the season above .500 and in the playoffs the words 'crappy' and 'lousy' really can't be associated with them... it is just the facts of the english language... if you win more than you lose and play better than 17-18 of the teams in a 30 team league you are not 'crappy'

But yeah fierce will foolishly use the word all year in his neverending, no winner, pointless waste of time battles with the trolls. I will keep doing my thing, which is to never respond to them and post reality based factual insults or analysis of LA, when I feel that team even needs bringing up on a CELTIC board.

Sections
Shortcuts