Eddy Curry?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Eddy Curry?

Frank Isola: Eddy Curry, a league official tells The News, is negotiating a buyout with Minnesota. Don't rule out Eddy ending up with Boston yesterday

I don't get it ... How can he end up with the C's? I thought you had to be waived before Tuesday (yesterday) to be eligable to play in playoffs?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Eddy Curry?

I saw this in the Mazz article this morning...that one came out of left field. Wow, talk about sending Doc into retirement! Eddie Curry!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

This move I would not understand. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

The Wolves also got $3 million in cash in the deal, which will cover the cost of Curry's buyout. Curry was waived before the midnight deadline, which means he is eligible to participate in the playoffs if he signs with another team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DPG182. Show DPG182's posts

I feel like I heard Curry was going to Chicago

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

he's a head case, but in terms of x's and O's I like him for this team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

The Bulls can have that draft bust. What's funny is the Bull's selected him in the draft and got rid of him. Getting rid of him was smart. Why would they want to bring him back now that he's a proven bust?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Eddie Curry, great idea, just what this team needs a project right at mid-season in the middle of the attempt for best record. 

Doc needs this like a hole  in the head.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Please sign Corey Brewer!!! Forget that Curry nonsense.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Ok, don't we already have the paul pierce backup defender slot filled now?  Don't we need a tough, surly, mean guy in the post more?  Just saying...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I AM NOT AN ADVOCATE FOR THE CELTICS SIGNING EDDY CURRY.

However, I can see where Doc and Danny could pull something like this off.  I believe we still need another center.  No matter what we THINK of Troy Murphy, he IS NOT a center.  Right now, the only "functioning" center is Kristic.  I honestly don't want Shaq to return as the starter having to play 25-30 mins per game.  I want to conserve his minutes until the playoffs.  And we just don't know where JON will be when the playoffs begin (let alone in the next month).

Therefore, we need another center on the roster.

I think that when we look at players, we judge them without factoring in how playing with the Big 4 will improve their game.  Every player that the Celtics either brought in or allowed to leave DID NOT play as well as they did when WITH the Celtics.  Look at guys like House, Posey, T Allen, Nate, Quis and Powe.  They all played their best ball as Celtics.  Upon leaving, they were never the same.

I think signing Curry would be the same.  He's never really been a terrible ball player.  He just has never been motivated to stay in the kind of shape he needed to be in to be effective.  He's a big bruiser but with some motivation, could (a big could) be a decent min wage center.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

...so who is the next 'REJECT" coming to Boston?
    Curry? Brewer, Powe ?

Ainge another surprise to you could be Toine "the wiggle" Walker!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I'm not a fan of signing Curry but let's look at this another way.

If the C's could land Curry on the cheap. Put him on a serious diet and workout plan, keep his head on straight you may just have a C that has more skill than Perk. Now before you say "are you crazy". A guy like Curry needs to be around a professional environment. Do you think being around the C's would be anything like being around the Knicks of the past 3 years??

Let's just say they do sign him and he turns into a servicable C. That would be the comeback story and steal for the C's of the century. It's a longshot but keep in mind we saw Marbury buy in, Nate buy in, Rondo was a hard head and bought in, BBD has finally bought in and even West has bought in.

I would still like Brewer but Ainge is trying his hardest to get some youth on ths team while not moving major pieces.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

To bad we cant buy out BBD. Wed have another roster spot for someone who can actually shoot the ball. Play defense. And rebound.

The energy is cool awesome but it doesnt win games.  Going 8 for 28 in the last 3 games while shooting three pointeers as well doesnt.  Just saying.

Thank god for all these signings just means less playing time for BBD.

In Response to Re: Eddy Curry?:
    [QUOTE]I'm not a fan of signing Curry but let's look at this another way. If the C's could land Curry on the cheap. Put him on a serious diet and workout plan, keep his head on straight you may just have a C that has more skill than Perk. Now before you say "are you crazy". A guy like Curry needs to be around a professional environment. Do you think being around the C's would be anything like being around the Knicks of the past 3 years?? Let's just say they do sign him and he turns into a servicable C. That would be the comeback story and steal for the C's of the century. It's a longshot but keep in mind we saw Marbury buy in, Nate buy in, Rondo was a hard head and bought in, BBD has finally bought in and even West has bought in. I would still like Brewer but Ainge is trying his hardest to get some youth on ths team while not moving major pieces.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]To bad we cant buy out BBD. Wed have another roster spot for someone who can actually shoot the ball. Play defense. And rebound. The energy is cool awesome but it doesnt win games.  Going 8 for 28 in the last 3 games while shooting three pointeers as well doesnt.  Just saying. Thank god for all these signings just means less playing time for BBD. In Response to Re: Eddy Curry? :
    Posted by clarkeyj1[/QUOTE]

I thought we still had two roster spots open.  If so why buy out BBD?  Not to mention is a big part of this team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

i doubt anyone knows what kind of shape curry is or isn't right now, but i think that he would be decent addition as the 15th player on the roster.

as much as i did like leon powe before he got hurt, curry is a much better addition as the 15th player.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

He doesnt' have to be in that great a shape to play two, 2minute spurts, which is all he would get.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Curry is taking his talents to South Beach.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]To bad we cant buy out BBD. Wed have another roster spot for someone who can actually shoot the ball. Play defense. And rebound. The energy is cool awesome but it doesnt win games.  Going 8 for 28 in the last 3 games while shooting three pointeers as well doesnt.  Just saying. Thank god for all these signings just means less playing time for BBD. In Response to Re: Eddy Curry? :

Short memory, huh?   Just can't ever remember BBD winning games with Defense on Howard (the last possession of the last game we played against the Magic) nor hitting big shots or getting the important rebounds.  I know - you just can't remember past the last 3 games where he stunk it up.  All players have stretches where the stink it up.  BBD is a candidate for 6th man of the year - sports writers, announcers, and fans all recognize it (other than you).  Give him a break.

As for Curry, If there's a roster spot and he's available and shows Danny/Doc a willingness to accept Doc's pushing - then give him a short leash and go for it.  Maybe we'll be surprised.  Maybe we won't and we'll put him on the "injury list" so he doesn't disrupt the team.  

He wouldn't be my first choice, but until I see Shaw and JON healthy and playing well, another real center is not a bad thing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

Consideration... AHAHAHAHAHAHA ok, as soon as we have a healthy Rotation, hell be considered the 9th or 10th man.

Hes only considered because of the talent around him.

And ive stated before big baby has 1 good game out of every 5. That doesnt count for SHI*.

I am pretty sure Jason Terry of the Mavs will get the sixth man award. 

Anyone can say oh this guy comes off the bench and plays well, sorry BBD doesnt play well.

Ill credit him for 3 things, ENERGY, HUSTLE, and taking a charge.  That is it.

Besides that he is awful. And he was considered by our very own WEEI for sixth man.  Not by ESPN, not by anyone important.  a HOMEBODY Considered it.

HERES DIRECT QUOTE FROM one station "He also bricked an ill-advised 3-pointer in the closing minutes."

And since then he has taken how many threes.

And he gets manhandled by any Defensive player when he goes towards the hoop because hes a pussycat.

Dont say he defends against HOWARD because he doesnt:

Howard feb 06 - 28 points 13 rebounds 2 assist 3 steals

Jan 17 - 33 points 13 rebounds 2 as 1 steal

Dec 25 Howard 6 points 11 rebounds  (howard shot only 4 times)

Def. big baby played D pretty damn good! NOT.

Name someone else you will see how bad his DEFENSE IS.  YOU SAW HOW AL JEFFERSON MAN HANDLED HIM THE OTHER DAY.

HOW BOUT YOU GET OFF BBDS nuts.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Eddy Curry? : Short memory, huh?   Just can't ever remember BBD winning games with Defense on Howard (the last possession of the last game we played against the Magic) nor hitting big shots or getting the important rebounds.  I know - you just can't remember past the last 3 games where he stunk it up.  All players have stretches where the stink it up.  BBD is a candidate for 6th man of the year - sports writers, announcers, and fans all recognize it (other than you).  Give him a break. As for Curry, If there's a roster spot and he's available and shows Danny/Doc a willingness to accept Doc's pushing - then give him a short leash and go for it.  Maybe we'll be surprised.  Maybe we won't and we'll put him on the "injury list" so he doesn't disrupt the team.   He wouldn't be my first choice, but until I see Shaw and JON healthy and playing well, another real center is not a bad thing.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Eddy Curry? : Short memory, huh?   Just can't ever remember BBD winning games with Defense on Howard (the last possession of the last game we played against the Magic) nor hitting big shots or getting the important rebounds.  I know - you just can't remember past the last 3 games where he stunk it up.  All players have stretches where the stink it up.  BBD is a candidate for 6th man of the year - sports writers, announcers, and fans all recognize it (other than you).  Give him a break. As for Curry, If there's a roster spot and he's available and shows Danny/Doc a willingness to accept Doc's pushing - then give him a short leash and go for it.  Maybe we'll be surprised.  Maybe we won't and we'll put him on the "injury list" so he doesn't disrupt the team.   He wouldn't be my first choice, but until I see Shaw and JON healthy and playing well, another real center is not a bad thing.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

We also won bye 11, the last game. Short memory?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Consideration... AHAHAHAHAHAHA ok, as soon as we have a healthy Rotation, hell be considered the 9th or 10th man. Hes only considered because of the talent around him. And ive stated before big baby has 1 good game out of every 5. That doesnt count for SHI*. I am pretty sure Jason Terry of the Mavs will get the sixth man award.  Anyone can say oh this guy comes off the bench and plays well, sorry BBD doesnt play well. Ill credit him for 3 things, ENERGY, HUSTLE, and taking a charge.  That is it. Besides that he is awful. And he was considered by our very own WEEI for sixth man.  Not by ESPN, not by anyone important.  a HOMEBODY Considered it. HERES DIRECT QUOTE FROM one station "He also bricked an ill-advised 3-pointer in the closing minutes." And since then he has taken how many threes. And he gets manhandled by any Defensive player when he goes towards the hoop because hes a pussycat. Dont say he defends against HOWARD because he doesnt: Howard feb 06 - 28 points 13 rebounds 2 assist 3 steals Jan 17 - 33 points 13 rebounds 2 as 1 steal Dec 25 Howard 6 points 11 rebounds  (howard shot only 4 times) Def. big baby played D pretty damn good! NOT. Name someone else you will see how bad his DEFENSE IS.  YOU SAW HOW AL JEFFERSON MAN HANDLED HIM THE OTHER DAY. HOW BOUT YOU GET OFF BBDS nuts.               In Response to Re: Eddy Curry? :

I saw someone write something that applies to you.....SMD was the expression I believe!

First, Jefferson handled everyone.  He was up for that game and played well. He's a good player - gotta expect that.  KG was eaten up by Big Al that night.  Won't happen often but it did.

BBD is 4th on the team in scoring, 2nd in rebounds (3rd when Perk was here), first in offensive fouls taken, guards centers and power forwards at his size, and is a candidate for 6th man of the year.  Few 6th men are playing better.  Our top guys (KG, Pierce, Rondo, Ray) are helped by Shaq and BBD as the only consistent players outside the Big 4.  What have you been watching if you can't see that!  

on 6th man - did you not hear the announcers on the NBA channel as they broadcast the last game?  It wasn't WEEI or whoever that is (I don't live in Boston).  

So, you don't like BBD.  That's ok.  But, you are not being objective if you think he's terrible.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

the only curry this team should want better come with some rice!

Sections
Shortcuts