Eight shots- after a 43 point game against the Heat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Eight shots- after a 43 point game against the Heat

I mentioned this last night on the game thread and most thought it was irrelevant.  Green needed to get the ball and have others get out of the way.  This guy can get to the line now, if he is allowed to. This team took a very bad loss last night for no reason.

Green may be inconsistent initiative wise but his talent is there and it has to be featured for this team to succeed night in night out. Garnett and Pierce are too stagnant in their play for consistent fourth quarter play.  Green is the only one who can create space on the floor.   Doc needs to make sure Green gets the ball or this team will be an 8th seed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Eight shots- after a 43 point game against the Heat

I don't think it's irrelevant. I just think Green needs to be more aggressive. I wouldn't blame Doc or the other players.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

It was Ryan Anderson's incredible defense that did the trick.

Not.

Jeff Green also looked stoned on defense.

Seriously, do these guys smoke a doobie before the game?

Kirk your search for answers is not wrong because it is a mystery.  Of course you are joking but Green got eight shots when they went flat on the road. Doc does bare some responsibilty, he needed to tell Pierce to get him the ball.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

I don't think it's irrelevant. I just think Green needs to be more aggressive. I wouldn't blame Doc or the other players.

You know a lot, I just disagree  I would blame Doc.  Green needed to be  told to take over and go to the basket.  We went scoreless at the end of the game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

You know a lot, I just disagree  I would blame Doc.  Green needed to be  told to take over and go to the basket.  We went scoreless at the end of the game.

I respect your opinion as well.  My point is that Green does not have a scorers mentality. Doc can't fix that.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

But the Celtics already have a good small forward and they don't have a good power forward.

Playing Green more and sitting Pierce would do nothing.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celts03. Show Celts03's posts

He started off red hot, then... I dunno what happened. Very disappointing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Of course the coach bares a lot of responsiblity for this. Doc could have: 1) called plays for Jeff; 2) played him more than 26 minutes. In the fourth quarter, Doc limits Jeff to 5 minutes (he left him on the bench when he was red hot against Miami in the foruth quarter which was inane). But he leaves an exhausted KG in the entire fourth quarter (zero rebounds)? I think Doc is one of the better coaches in the league, but his feel for players minutes is too mechanical. Last thing about Jeff, he needs about 2 minutes to get his motor running and then he starts to find his rythm. So using him for just 5 minutes in the fourth quarter, is more like using him for 3 productive minutes, which is too little.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Not.

What are you, Mr. Hand?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

Not.

Kirk your search for answers is not wrong because it is a mystery.  Of course you are joking but Green got eight shots when they went flat on the road. Doc does bare some responsibilty, he needed to tell Pierce to get him the ball.

Yes, but look at Green's demeanor. It's weird. He looks like he has ADD or he's stoned. And they do not test for pot in the NBA.

But Doc has Green playing out of position. Green is a poor power forward. He is a good small forward. Doc is an idiot.

I agree with you about DOC. However he is not an idiot. He is a robot. This saying applies to him: "If you keep doing the same thing over and over don't expect a different result".

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Broken Record...Shooting %, foul shots and 3s about the same.

Rebounds 45 to 28. When you give a team, even NO, 17 extra chances unless you cause 17 more turnovers, it's logical they would win !!!

Randolph got 8 rebs in game vs Bobcats and next hightest was KG with 6. Last night KG got 6 and Randolph didn't play...HMMM !!! Our next big guy, Wilcox, only got 1 reb. Doc didn't want to play Randolph against the Heat but last night, why not....give me a break !!! With him in there, maybe they don't get the tip in or we have enough of a lead, their last shot would be a non event. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I look at it from maybe too simplistic a point of view.  A guy shows incredible ability to get to the basket against the most ferocious defense in the league.    He plays the next game making five of eight shots and when everything goes flat and stagnant in the fourth you don't say go to the basket and get to the line.  Green may not have the mentality but when your team goes flat and you can't score the player has to have his number called and has to be a scorer.

I agree the culture has dictated that Pierce gets the ball but if Green gets the looks Paul has a chance to be open.

That loss last night has a very big chance of derailing the season.   We will see how things go in Texas but the last few years they have not gone well.  Green needs to get at least 15 shot a game for this team to have a chance.  Terry by the way needs to get ten. Lee and Bradley need to shoot more.  If they don't we will lose.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

Broken Record...Shooting %, foul shots and 3s about the same.

Rebounds 45 to 28. When you give a team, even NO, 17 extra chances unless you cause 17 more turnovers, it's logical they would win !!!

Randolph got 8 rebs in game vs Bobcats and next hightest was KG with 6. Last night KG got 6 and Randolph didn't play...HMMM !!! Our next big guy, Wilcox, only got 1 reb. Doc didn't want to play Randolph against the Heat but last night, why not....give me a break !!!

Randolph shoud have been in that game when Green came out of the Miami game in the 4th period. He could not have done worse than Doc's eight exhausted men

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeemsToMe. Show SeemsToMe's posts

After playing a slow down team oriented style of offense at Georgetown its just possible that he will never be comfortable in the role of the take charge gunner that is presently held by Pierce.  Not every player is mentality prepared to handle the role.

Seems

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to damfuno's comment:

I have heard broadcasters say many times that Green is a matchup nightmare.  Their rationale is that if he is pared up against a PF his quick long first step will free him up and if he is played by a SF his height and ball handling skills will succeed.  That being the case why at the end of the game do we not iso him either way.  It is always PP primarily unless RR is there and then he just pounds the ball into submission.

You just asked the 64 dollar question.  How when things are stagnant?  Don't we go to Green.   Pierce will get open more just by this easy plan.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Jeff Green is just a 2nd or 3rd option. Don't expect too much.

Getting only 8 shots is not his fault or Doc's. Just look at Jordan Crawford, he always gets a lot of attempts because he wants to shoot. Uncle Jeff doesn't have that scorer's mentality. He's more of a role player than a go to guy.

Did JG suddenly get a "scorers mentality" agasint the Heat, just for that game alone?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Not.

Yes, but look at Green's demeanor. It's weird. He looks like he has ADD or he's stoned. And they do not test for pot in the NBA.

But Doc has Green playing out of position. Green is a poor power forward. He is a good small forward. Doc is an idiot.

JG seems to have the same demeanor game to game.. Sort of like Joe Johnson.. If you caught JG during the halftime interview vs the Heat, he seemed likeable but without emotion... just the way he seems to be all the time. 

Maybe humble or focused or not getting too high or low.

I agree with your last comment

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I guess that everyone thinks JG would all of a sudden start being a 25-30 pt a game scorer after one game.  Miami had no interior defense so Jeff could get by his man pretty easily and take it to the rim.  Against the Hornets he took it to the rim early and then the Hornets forced him to do something different.  So he passed the ball.. NBA teams are not going to let Jeff shoot 5-6  layups a game.

When PP left the game in the third quarter with Jeff in the game, the C's had a 3 pt lead.  Pierce comes back in with 7 1/2 minutes left and the C's were down by 6 pts.  9 pt swing. Jeff had 7-8 minutes without Pierce on the floor to take as many shots as needed.  He shot the ball twice in the 3rd quarter and none in the 4th.  

and BTW PP nearly single handed brought the C's back from dead, scoring 9 straight pts to give us a 3 pt lead.

Jeff green is not this type player,  he needs to fit in and find his shots.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

I guess that everyone thinks JG would all of a sudden start being a 25-30 pt a game scorer after one game.  Miami had no interior defense so Jeff could get by his man pretty easily and take it to the rim.  Against the Hornets he took it to the rim early and then the Hornets forced him to do something different.  So he passed the ball.. NBA teams are not going to let Jeff shoot 5-6  layups a game.

When PP left the game in the third quarter with Jeff in the game, the C's had a 3 pt lead.  Pierce comes back in with 7 1/2 minutes left and the C's were down by 6 pts.  9 pt swing. Jeff had 7-8 minutes without Pierce on the floor to take as many shots as needed.  He shot the ball twice in the 3rd quarter and none in the 4th.  

and BTW PP nearly single handed brought the C's back from dead, scoring 9 straight pts to give us a 3 pt lead.

Jeff green is not this type player,  he needs to fit in and find his shots.

Jeff Green left the game with eight minutes something  on th clock in the 4th and the lead got back up to 12. He came back with around three minutes left and they were down one point.

Green has not done much since that night but something is wrong with the team. Maybe they have hit a wall with all the compensating they have had to do. Green has the talent but not the mental make up to be a star night in night out right now.   I can't argue that and hope he proves you and I wrong tonight or tomorrow because this team is in trouble.