Elite franchises-only back to back need apply!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Elite franchises-only back to back need apply!

Los Angeles Lakers x 3
    Chicago Bulls x 2
    Detroit Pistons x 1
    Houston Rockets x 1

Honorable mention- S.A Spurs (consistency)

These are the elite franchises of the NBA as we know it today. Hail the great NBA teams!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Re: Elite franchises-only back to back need apply!

Since I have you on ignore I don't know the content but I can guess based on the title...the Celtics only repeated once ('68 & '69)......still I have to believe the "Eight Peat" has to put them over the top....it's a shame Russell was injured during the '58 Finals....we would've had a "Ten Peat"......what a franchise huh...?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Only those in a professional league with more than 9 teams need apply.

Thanks for playing!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

Excellent thread LakerNation32 - Maybe the Celtics will not have to wait for  back to back championships as long as the red sox waited for a single championship, although they are alsmot half way there already.  How pathetic is that. Laughing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

don't be so smug just because the Dodgers keep on winning championships.....oh...wait....errrr......................never mind....

actully I'm just kidding.....I am both a diehard BoSox and Dodger fan....lifelong....can someone please get rid of the McCourts................?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

In Response to Re: Elite franchises-only back to back need apply!:
    Excellent thread LakerNation32 - Maybe the Celtics will not have to wait for  back to back championships as long as the red sox waited for a single championship, although they are alsmot half way there already.  How pathetic is that.
    Posted by koberulz

I find it amazing that the acclaimed no#2 franchise in basketball, the boston celtics, can't go back to back. Oh well, who really cares!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicoLakerfan. Show RicoLakerfan's posts

I feel your pain guys. I have it too. being a laker fan being the second best franchise in basketball. having a league with only 9 teams and not even being able to win during those years because of the celtics owenrship of us is tough. 

We still have the second most rings. We still have a piddly 3-peat. Nothing like what Russel did but still good. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Mikan era doesn't get much love from some Laker fans. Inexplicable really. Same fans are happy to count the championships though. Funny that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

8 pete = Unltimate Elite

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Welcome back kiddo!!!!!!  ....boy...errrr....girl, have you been missed!!! ....more that a few posters from the Boston ranks were wishing for your return!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

.....yeah, the five titles the Mikan Lakers won count in the eyes of those fans....yet how funny is it when the same fans claim that the Celtic titles were won in a bush league?....talk about hypocrisy!!!.....all of our championships....won in the modern (shot clock) era.....almost one third of the Laker titles.....won in a time where any team that wanted to stall an entire quarter could do so....there is a reason that type of basketball (if you want to call it that) was done away with....even college ball followed suit....all 17 titles were won the way they play basketball today....and in a smaller league....the Lakers could not get past the Celts on their quest for the holy grail....not even once....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Duke must be doing it tough changing between worthless and himself. As mentioned, only those with back to backs in the NBA of today (more than 9 teams, free agency, 3pt shots, extended playoffs and 82 game season can apply!)

4 members so far with an honorable for the Spurs!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

lakernation,

YOUR talking about your made up leagues that dont have any clout....TALK ABOUT THE NBA.....

I KNOW YOU CANT.........

so cheers for LA being an elite franchise....yesssss...woooo...in the hollinger basketbal association.......wooooo..

WHILE THE BOSTON CELTICS ARE THE BEST TEAM IN NBA...YES,......NBA..HISTORY...

Thanks for playing!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

Laker nation,

Its the nba...not the nba known today...theres no thenbaknowntoday.com........
    but theres an nba.com

AND WHOS THE BEST..

BOSTON IS THE BEST..

17-16

you cant judge evolution...ONLY GOD CAN....remember that..

your owned!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

The last time Boston won back to back titles, gasoline was 36 cents a gallon and the average house cost about 25 thousand.    Cool

Pathetic!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

The last time Boston won back to back titles, gasoline was 36 cents a gallon and the average house cost about 25 thousand.    Pathetic!
    Posted by koberulz

36 cents a gallon....priceless!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

THE NBA is the NBA..

NOT THE WHEN YOU WISH IT LEAGUE..

what does price per gallon mean..

AND NBA TITLE IS AN NBA TITLE...

NOT THE HOLLINGER TITLE

NOT THE YOU CAN JUDGE TIME AND BE BETTER THAN GOD..

YOUR NOT BETTER THAN GOD...

stop judging evolution...

only GOD DOES THAT!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Back to back then, boom! Face first on the ground - it's a sweep!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

You could buy a first class stamp for 6 cents back when the Celtics could win back to back titles. No lie, look it up. How embarassing is that? Cool

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

In June 2010 after Game 7 of the NBA Finals - Doc "cry me a" Rivers provided a window into what he had seen, and I am sure it matched what was being felt back in Boston after such a riveting, intense game had not gone the Celtics' way. "Well, there's a lot of crying in our locker room, a lot of people who care. I don't think there was a dry eye," Rivers said. "A lot of hugs, a lot of people feeling awful. That's a good thing, it means everybody cared." Cry

What kind of franchise has a bunch of crybabies on it? Certainly not an elite franchise.  Just sayin'

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Boston goes back to back when the Clips win their first. Which is more likely?

Clips in a canter!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

Boston goes back to back when the Clips win their first. Which is more likely? Clips in a canter!
    Posted by Laker-Nation32

Excellent point, I will also go with the Clippers as the Celtics are just now 3 seasons into their championship drought and over 40 years into the back to back drought. Laughing  I cannot help but laugh everytime I type "over 40 years".

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

kobe rulz,

ITS THE NBA ....

not the first class stamp for 6 cents league...

YOU ARE NOT BUYING THE LEAGUE ANYTIME SOON!!!!

AND YOUR NOT GOD!!

SO DONT think you can judge evolution

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

koberulz,

131-92

REMEMBER

Sections
Shortcuts