embid

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Re: embid

In response to chris33's comment:

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

I think Embiid's overrated as well.  He's going to take a few years to develop and I don't belive his ceiling is as high as Shaq or Olajuwon or anyone close.  I think he is much closer to Andre Drummond.  It would be funny if the Celtics drafted him.  He would foul out in 10 minutes in the first game and Chris33 will immediately post a thread proclaiming him to be a bust.

The personal attack is uncalled for.

Will you apologize when you are proven wrong?

Proven wrong about what?  Embiid not being the next Olajuwon or your knee-jerk, blow-with-the-wind evaluations?

Like I said, I don't engage in personal attacks.

You say Embiid is overrated. I challenge that.

Will you apologize if you are proven wrong?

O.K., ummmmmmm, how will we determine if he is overrated or not?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

I think Embiid's overrated as well.  He's going to take a few years to develop and I don't belive his ceiling is as high as Shaq or Olajuwon or anyone close.  I think he is much closer to Andre Drummond.  It would be funny if the Celtics drafted him.  He would foul out in 10 minutes in the first game and Chris33 will immediately post a thread proclaiming him to be a bust.

Proven wrong about what?  Embiid not being the next Olajuwon or your knee-jerk, blow-with-the-wind evaluations?

O.K., ummmmmmm, how will we determine if he is overrated or not?

We will know.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

There are few dominant true centers in the NBA.  It's rare to find a 7-footer with an overwhelming presence in the post both offensively and defensively.  Embiid, though, could be exactly that kind of a player as a proand it makes him a particularly auspicious prospect.

The players we should be comparing Embiid to are Tim Duncan, Shaquille O’Neal, David Robinson, Patrick Ewing and Hakeem Olajuwon.  Embiid really does belong in such an exclusive club at this point.  There simply have not been that many 7-footers with comparably advanced offensive and defensive skills at age 19. 

That is the reason why Oden was such a big deal in 2007 and why he ended up being drafted before Kevin Durant.  Oden did what Embiid is doing right now.   When a 7'0" freshman can affect every phase of the college game, it’s no small thing.

Andre Drummond, in his second NBA season, is already a star center in the NBA.  As a freshman at UConn he struggled significantly at times and never made the sustained impact that Embiid has made at Kansas.  Drummond, despite incredibly strong physical attributes, performed poorly enough at UConn to drop to ninth in the 2012 draft.  Yet he was an excellent NBA player right away.  It turned out his superior size and skills just could not be properly displayed in college. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1955978-nba-draft-2014-despite-being-the-likely-1-pick-joel-embiid-remains-underrated

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

There are few dominant true centers in the NBA.  It's rare to find a 7-footer with an overwhelming presence in the post both offensively and defensively.  Embiid, though, could be exactly that kind of a player as a proand it makes him a particularly auspicious prospect.

The players we should be comparing Embiid to are Tim Duncan, Shaquille O’Neal, David Robinson, Patrick Ewing and Hakeem Olajuwon.  Embiid really does belong in such an exclusive club at this point.  There simply have not been that many 7-footers with comparably advanced offensive and defensive skills at age 19. 

That is the reason why Oden was such a big deal in 2007 and why he ended up being drafted before Kevin Durant.  Oden did what Embiid is doing right now.   When a 7'0" freshman can affect every phase of the college game, it’s no small thing.

Andre Drummond, in his second NBA season, is already a star center in the NBA.  As a freshman at UConn he struggled significantly at times and never made the sustained impact that Embiid has made at Kansas.  Drummond, despite incredibly strong physical attributes, performed poorly enough at UConn to drop to ninth in the 2012 draft.  Yet he was an excellent NBA player right away.  It turned out his superior size and skills just could not be properly displayed in college. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1955978-nba-draft-2014-despite-being-the-likely-1-pick-joel-embiid-remains-underrated

O.K.  I say Embiid is closer to Drummond than Olajuwon and you say he's closer to Olajuwon.  Alright, I'll apologize when Embiid puts up Olajuwon numbers consistently. In Olajuwon's rookie year he averaged 20 pts and 12 rebounds per game.  What do I get if I win?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

O.K.  I say Embiid is closer to Drummond than Olajuwon and you say he's closer to Olajuwon.  Alright, I'll apologize when Embiid puts up Olajuwon numbers consistently. In Olajuwon's rookie year he averaged 20 pts and 12 rebounds per game.  What do I get if I win?

Let's try to nail this down a bit - not that I want to get into a Fiercy type thread.  I say Embiid's career statistical trajectory will closely follow Drummond's.  You claim it will closely follow Olajuwon's.  Is this an acceptable assessment method?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

TJT,

In fairness though Hakeem was not as good as Embiid was at this age. He arrived at the airport in Houston and was told by his college coach to take a cab. He was redshirted a year. Played very little his freshman year. It wasnt until he spent time with Moses that he blossomed. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:

TJT,

In fairness though Hakeem was not as good as Embiid was at this age. He arrived at the airport in Houston and was told by his college coach to take a cab. He was redshirted a year. Played very little his freshman year. It wasnt until he spent time with Moses that he blossomed. 

I will say Embiid will never, at any point, produce like Olajuwon.  So, you are saying Embiid will match Olajuwon's production in the NBA at some point?  I will go so far as to say he won't match Drummond.  Embiid isn't as athletic as Drummond.  There are times when he's a little slow.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Again, let me clarify.  I'm not saying Embiid will be a bust.  I think he'll be a productive NBA center at some point.  What I dispute is when I see peolpe lumping him in with Olajuwon and Shaq - he's not even close to those players and will never be.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

Lumping a collegiate freshman with less than 30 games in the same frame of a hall of fame NBA player is not a bet I would make. The death of Lenny Bias touched me enough a long time ago that I never would be on any college kid making the hall of fame.

All I'm saying is players can develop and mature with age and experience.  I'm sure if Embiid stayed in college for 4 years he would be able to average 20/10 for a scrub team And probably for a good team too. Chances of him staying 4 are slim and none. Look, if you took Bird on his first year of college ball would you think he would of been a hall of famer? 

With that said, I think Embiid will have a good career. It takes a lot of things going right to have a good, long career to become a hall of famer. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:

antoine walker was the safest pick. i wish we took the young kobe bryant instead...

That's because you're a lakers fan, Tommy!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

Embiid would make the most sense for us.  But I agree, he should get drafted #1, and the odds of us getting the #1 pick are slim. 

I've kicked around a lot of different scenarios.  And the one most appealing to me is:  a Rondo/Wiggins backcourt.  It wouldn't suprise anyone if the C's landed the #3 pick.  So if MIL and UTAH take Embiid and Parker..then Wiggins would be available to us at 3.

Rondo and Wiggins.  Wiggins and Rondo.  Two very athletic players who can run and play above-average defense.  After some consideration, I think Rondo and Wiggins would be excellent compliments to one another.  And very fun to watch.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

Not to get off track, but you guys wouldn't want Kobe Bryant? He's one of my favorite non-Celtics of all time. 

Anyway, back to Embiid. He has all the tools you look for in a 7 footer. Considering he's been playing basketball for only a small number of years, you have to be impressed with how polished he is. Think what he's going to do learning from a really great coaching staff. The problem is he most likely won't end up in green. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Again, let me clarify.  I'm not saying Embiid will be a bust.  I think he'll be a productive NBA center at some point.  What I dispute is when I see peolpe lumping him in with Olajuwon and Shaq - he's not even close to those players and will never be.

Embiid is not Shaq. This only one close to Shaq was Wilt.

Embiid is almost identical physically to Olajuwon.

What impresses me most about Embiid is his quick leaping ability. He is going to be very good.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

"The players we should be comparing Embiid to are Tim Duncan, Shaquille O’Neal, David Robinson, Patrick Ewing and Hakeem Olajuwon.  Embiid really does belong in such an exclusive club at this point."

Not sure what to say here.  You must be pretty high?  This is simply redic.

Did anyone ever suggest that any of the above mentioned HOF'ers were going to be a project?  Embiid has massive bust potential.  Even Embiid understands this, or else he wouldn't be hesitant about declaring himself eligible this season. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Parker

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

Parker

+1

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Parker reminds me of Lebron.

In that he walks every time he makes a move, and they don't call it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Chris/Kirk. You change your mind constantly. You have for years. Then you get mad when people call you out on it.

It is what it is.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Parker reminds me of Lebron.

In that he walks every time he makes a move, and they don't call it.

fine by me, he scores efficently.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

Chris/Kirk. You change your mind constantly. You have for years. Then you get mad when people call you out on it.

It is what it is.

I never get mad at people I don't know on the internet.

And players go through phases of playing good and bad. But if you point that out, some people here think it's an absolute. It's weird.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

In response to gman101019's comment:

Embiid may become a great player, but I do think he is overrated, he has flashes but he doesnt dominate the competition. He is no where  as good as anthony davis was in college.  To me parker is the only sure thing. Im sure your correct that embiid will go #1 but that doesnt mean he is going to be the best player from the draft, for example ( anthony bennett, andre bargnani, greg oden,  kwame brown, kenyon martin) all former #1 picks and in all those drafts better players were drafted after them.

This is shaping up to be very similiar to the greg oden and durant draft situation? In that year greg oden was by many projected to go #1 but durant looked like a surefire 20 ppg scorer, how did that workout? Granted injuries were the issue there, but even if greg oden was healthy do you really think he would be considered the 2nd best player in the world like durant is now?.  No way. I predict that embiid will go #1 but parker will be the bigger star player.  In either case its irrelevant cuz we are not getting a top 2 pick.

This is actually why I want the #2 pick in the draft.  Say MIL gets the #1 and the take Embiid.  If he works out, great, if not, he's added to the list.  I want Parker, and I think he'd be available at #2.....or hopefully even #3

Im on board, this sounds a lot like a Jordan/Bowie and Durant/Oden scenario/always go with the best player if in doubt

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

It is what it is.

Funny..maybe I should change my id, everyboday else does it...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

For those who are trashing Embiid, you're just plain silly.

Yes, he averages 7.9 RPG. Yet, he plays just 22.9 min/g. That's 13.9 R/36 min.

His Total Rebound% of 20.2 is 11th in the nation. 

Get a clue.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts