embid

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: embid

In response to CubanPete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

For those who are trashing Embiid, you're just plain silly.

Yes, he averages 7.9 RPG. Yet, he plays just 22.9 min/g. That's 13.9 R/36 min.

His Total Rebound% of 20.2 is 11th in the nation. 

Get a clue.

[/QUOTE]

that's what a 7 footer should be doing vs. that competition though

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think Embiid's overrated as well.  He's going to take a few years to develop and I don't belive his ceiling is as high as Shaq or Olajuwon or anyone close.  I think he is much closer to Andre Drummond.  It would be funny if the Celtics drafted him.  He would foul out in 10 minutes in the first game and Chris33 will immediately post a thread proclaiming him to be a bust.

[/QUOTE]

How is he overrated? His stats have been terrific and consistent. He's a great shot blocker (4.6%), rebounder (20.2%), and shooter (TS% .651 which is phenomenal). 

Andre Drummond is already one of the best 5s in the NBA. His first 2 NBA seasons, he's posted PERs of 21.6 and 22.2. Yet he can't shoot FTs. Embiid has all the tools and can shoot FTs.

FYI, I don't put much stock in PFs and neither do scouts. NCAA officiating has been horrible this season. They call almost every flop and every physical brush. Don't believe me? Look that PF rates of any big man in college. 

How is he going to get better playing against inferior players in college? He's already a year older than his class. Wouldn't he be better served developing in an NBA training program where his focus would be entirely on basketball?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

For those who are trashing Embiid, you're just plain silly.

Yes, he averages 7.9 RPG. Yet, he plays just 22.9 min/g. That's 13.9 R/36 min.

His Total Rebound% of 20.2 is 11th in the nation. 

Get a clue.

[/QUOTE]

that's what a 7 footer should be doing vs. that competition though

[/QUOTE]

And yet, he's only 19 and playing in the NCAA for the first time. That's why the best NBA prospects coming out of college are freshman.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

And yet, he's only 19 and playing in the NCAA for the first time. That's why the best NBA prospects coming out of college are freshman.

[/QUOTE]

I don't doubt Embiid's potential at all. could be great. would love he or Jabari.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

Let's not forget that Embiid just started playing basketball a few years ago.

He still has a lot to learn.

I think he'll end up having a better pro career than his one year at Kansas.

Agreed. 

The bold is true for Vonleh, too. IMO, he's another Chris Bosh.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

The bold is true for Vonleh, too. IMO, he's another Chris Bosh.

[/QUOTE]

+1 love Vonleh, has huge potential and a HUGE wingspan and ability. real high on him as well

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Celtics will not need to worry about this, the big three or four will be long gone before we draft.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to romneywins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Celtics will not need to worry about this, the big three or four will be long gone before we draft.

[/QUOTE]

There is no way to know this. It's the luck of the draw.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

Ok it's not secret that Embeed has potential.  ANYONE that's his size and starts for Kansas has potential.  But the question still remains:  Is he A) Going to slowly blossom into an all-star? B) Jump aboard the Bust Wagon, pull up a seat next to Kwame Brown.

Unfortunately, it's more likely that he'll be a bust then it is that he will be an all-star.

If you go back about 15 years, beginning with Michael Olowokandi, and list all of the Centers that have been drafted in the lottery...most of them are busts.  And that's just the lottery picks, this list wouldn't include names like Fab Melo.

As I scroll through this thread, and laugh each time I see him compared to names like Robinson, Shaq- I'd like to think at the very least, that Emby'd may become something like a Dikembe Mutombo 2.0.  Of course, even this is a stretch.  Mutombo is one of the greatest defensive players to ever play the game.  And Mutombo also dominated the glass.  I don't think it's too hard to imagine that M-bead will be an equally effective shot-blocker and rebounder-with a decent post-up game and a much more efficient FT shooter.

A better Mutombo?  Maybe.  If he stays healthy.  Robinson, Shaq, Olujawon?  No way.  Never.  These guys were weapons on offense.  Nigh unstoppable. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

It's just that there were way too many times where kids with such raw talent and potential just don't work out in the long run.  I think people are just worried, the potential is there but he is so raw and has not been playing for a long time.  It is very hard to project and be certain and generally the odds are against these type of situations.  They are all so young, basically teenagers.  Olajuwan and Shaq did not come out when they were 19, they were more of a known quantities than if Embiid was to come out this year.

Sections
Shortcuts