Embiid to Boston in Draft Day Shocker?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Embiid to Boston in Draft Day Shocker?

If Embiid slips past Cleveland, which I believe is likely, he could fall all the way to #6.
    However, either Phil, Orlando or Utah could draft him at 3-5 solely to trade him and maximize player value and fill multiple positions of need.

Here is how I see the draft going down:

1. Cleveland could use a Center, but after their #1 lackluster pick last year (Bennett), they may not want to take a gamble on Embiid. Deng (SF) and Hawes (C) will be FA. They could either 1. take Embiid and continue to delay their rebuild, or more likely 2. take Wiggins as a box office draw and trade Deng and Bennett for other assets or 3. draft and trade Embiid to get reliable value.
    Cleveland drafts Wiggins.

2. The Bucks are deep at C with Sanders, Pachulia, Udoh, Henson and Rad+ all on cheap contracts and they need help almost everywhere else, especially at SF.
    Mil picks Parker.

3. Phil obtained Noel as their future center last draft. He's fully recovered from injury and has impressed. Phil needs a SF and especially SG to build a solid backcourt with Willimas.
    Phil drafts Exum

4. Now Orlando is pooping their pants with Embiid still on the board. However they are reasonably set at C with Vucevic who still has upside but they desperately need a PG and a PF. Randle fits best here but in a shocker
    Orlando drafts Embidd
    and trades Embiid to the Celtics for PG Rondo and the #17 pick in 2014. (various players included)

5. Utah picks Randle

6. Boston picks Smart

Boston's rebuild set at PG, PF. and Center with - Smart / Sully - Oly / Embiid 

SG and SF and bench strengthened through additional trades, FA and next two drafts.

Elite again in 2017-2018 and a Championship again 2018-2019 !!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Re: Embiid to Boston in Draft Day Shocker?

Then we will be a bad lottery team again next year, ala philly of this season?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shamrock1000. Show shamrock1000's posts

Posted this in another thread, but it belongs here:

He could really fall to the Celtics at number 6. There is a lot of worry about this kind of injury, and, ignoring the hype, I'm not sure one season at Kansas averaging 11 pts and 8 rebounds justifies the risk of taking him within the top 5 when so many other good players are available. Will Danny take him at 6? My guess is yes.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to scubber's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And a shot at getting a top 3 pick.

[/QUOTE]

That won't make the win now crowd very happy.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Embiid slips past Cleveland, which I believe is likely, he could fall all the way to #6.
    However, either Phil, Orlando or Utah could draft him at 3-5 solely to trade him and maximize player value and fill multiple positions of need.

Here is how I see the draft going down:

1. Cleveland could use a Center, but after their #1 lackluster pick last year (Bennett), they may not want to take a gamble on Embiid. Deng (SF) and Hawes (C) will be FA. They could either 1. take Embiid and continue to delay their rebuild, or more likely 2. take Wiggins as a box office draw and trade Deng and Bennett for other assets or 3. draft and trade Embiid to get reliable value.
    Cleveland drafts Wiggins.

2. The Bucks are deep at C with Sanders, Pachulia, Udoh, Henson and Rad+ all on cheap contracts and they need help almost everywhere else, especially at SF.
    Mil picks Parker.

3. Phil obtained Noel as their future center last draft. He's fully recovered from injury and has impressed. Phil needs a SF and especially SG to build a solid backcourt with Willimas.
    Phil drafts Exum

4. Now Orlando is pooping their pants with Embiid still on the board. However they are reasonably set at C with Vucevic who still has upside but they desperately need a PG and a PF. Randle fits best here but in a shocker
    Orlando drafts Embidd
    and trades Embiid to the Celtics for PG Rondo and the #17 pick in 2014. (various players included)

5. Utah picks Randle

6. Boston picks Smart

Boston's rebuild set at PG, PF. and Center with - Smart / Sully - Oly / Embiid 

SG and SF and bench strengthened through additional trades, FA and next two drafts.

Elite again in 2017-2018 and a Championship again 2018-2019 !!

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Why doesn't ORL just pick Smart?  He will be there, and they need a PG.

They also have the 12th pick, and are rumored to be after "my" guy in Payton.........I can't see this trade happening, but keep the ideas coming!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I wouldn't do this deal. Trade Rondo and #17 to move up 2 spots...no way.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wouldn't do this deal. Trade Rondo and #17 to move up 2 spots...no way.

[/QUOTE]

Not exactly, the trade is #17 and Rondo for #4 pick, we still keep #6 pick in this scenario. (Not saying this will likely happen.)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

For Rondo straight up no 17th pick for an invalid

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Trade Rondo for Hayward and keep the pick.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Trade Rondo for Hayward and keep the pick.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I would do that in a second!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Need a pick too, from th Jazz

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

That won't make the win now crowd very happy.

[/QUOTE]

I keep saying it, win now after being contenders is not being realistic.

The Pistons of Isiah Thomas last won a championship in 1990.

Next time the Pistons won a championship was in 2004.

The Bulls of MJ last won a championship in 1998.

Until now Chicago hasn't made back to the Finals.

Olajuwon's Rockets won their last championship in 1995 and until now the Rockets still hadn't made it back to the Finals.

There is no shortcut to winning a championship in the NBA.

Celts win 1 championship in 27 years and suddenly some of the fans here think the Celts can win a championship in 2-3 years.

That's not happening.

We have to wait.

[/QUOTE]

Forgive the Celtics fans for thinking this oh arrogant one, but wake up and understand why. You've already been schooled on this topic.

The oldest here who saw the team lose Cousy, Sharman, Heinsohn and Red (coach to GM) saw them keep winning titles. Then they were contenders in '73, 4 years after Russ and Sam Jones retired after the '69 title, were contenders in '80, 4 years after the '76 title and were only awful for the 9 years from '92-'01 because of TWO star players deaths, terrible decisions by a 72 and 78 year old Red in '89 and '95 and then the Pitino hire.

The Lakers were done when Magic announced he had HIV in '92 and instant contenders again when they signed Shaq and drafted Kobe in '96. 

The Rockets you mention had the building blocks in Yao and Steve Francis to create a contender in 2002 just 4 years after a Hakeem/Drexler/Barkley team was contending, only those two guys washed out early in their careers. The Spurs reinvented themselves around Duncan, the only guy left from the '99 title, with MLE signings (Horry, Diaw, Bowen) and players drafted OUTSIDE the lotto (Manu, Parker, Hill, Splitter, Leonard). Rondo could be the only link between the '08 title team and a rebuild contender in the next 2-3 years. The Trailblazers were contenders late 70's, '88-'94, and late 2000's all with entirely different casts and only 2-3 year rebuilds in between.

Your argument is full of holes and I already showed you this once before. 

And of course the Celtics went from pick 5, some interesting young kids and one 29 year old all-star (Pierce) in 2006-07 to instant contender a year later.  

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Fiercy just because your first basketball memories started around 1990 when the Celtics, Pistons and Bulls were all contenders and then you watched each team go through 10-15 years worth of droughts doesn't mean that HAS to be the way things go in the NBA.

You conveniently forget the team you followed was a contender for like 35 of 40 YEARS between 1952 and 1992. 

The team we despise, the Lakers, have been contenders for like 45 of 55 YEARS since moving from Minneapolis (where 5 titles were won) and disrespecting/ignoring that franchise's legacy. Add in Minny and it is like 55 of 65 years LA has contended.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

rame

During the time of Cousy, Sharman, and Heinsohn, there was no salary cap.

Get it?

[/QUOTE]

The Spurs just won a title being 2 million under the cap

Teams like the 2008-2011 Lakers and 2011-2014 Heat have been contenders being 20 million over the cap and merrily paying luxury tax penalties.

Get it?

Again, I poked your flawed argument full of holes, you respond to a knockdown blow with a weak slap.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

there is no magic pill.  we are going to be bad for a few years. 

blowing a high draft pick on an injury machine is only going to make this worse

oden, bynum are the current examples of why you don't draft big men with injuries

who are the positive examples of 5's who have OVERCOME early injury history to become reliable 82 game a year guys?  can't think of any, most especially who started with OFF SEASON STRESS FRACTURES TO THE FEET???

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

there is no magic pill.  we are going to be bad for a few years. 

blowing a high draft pick on an injury machine is only going to make this worse

oden, bynum are the current examples of why you don't draft big men with injuries

who are the positive examples of 5's who have OVERCOME early injury history to become reliable 82 game a year guys?  can't think of any, most especially who started with OFF SEASON STRESS FRACTURES TO THE FEET???

[/QUOTE]

I am with you.  This seems too risky to me at 6.  But then Sherrod Blakely said that his inside source is saying not only they want to pick him if he drops, they would be also willing to move up to get him.  I thought how about carefully examine him after the surgery first before saying something like that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

i read the kings like rondo...but i don't know if there is a match?..i'd take the 8th pick and??????

Sections
Shortcuts