Energy - the Case for Nate Robinson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShepherdCall. Show ShepherdCall's posts

Energy - the Case for Nate Robinson

A ton has been made of the Kendrick Perkins trade but little has been said about what Nate Robinson brought the Celtics or why we traded him in the first place.  Although, I was not a fan of his decision making but clearly we tried to make him a point when he was not. 

The simple fact is that he was a shot of unpredictable adreneline off the bench that could change the dynamic of the bench.  The Celtics looked like a bunch of old farts out there needed thier cup of mojo and I think that is missed in the locker room as well as on the court. 

Shaq will bring some of this back, with his looseness and all, but Nate Rob, and Eddie House before him were significant contributors not only in shooting but in charisma and energy. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Re: Energy - the Case for Nate Robinson

I guess they were hoping that West may have bought some of that to the table this season.

Nate was a good player, but like most bench players, expendable when a better player comes along. West fills his positron. And Green was in my opinion too good a player to pass up. Green will come into his own with the Celtics in the future.

That said I agree with what you said about Nate. He's a spirited player and a fan favourite. Can see why team mates would appreciate having him around. Got a laugh last year out the "Shrek and Donkey" game when he and Davis had a big game for the Celtics. That game may well be his great Celtic moment. Not so much for the game, but for the nicknames given.

He'll be an asset for OKC for as long as they have him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

In Response to Energy - the Case for Nate Robinson:
    [QUOTE]A ton has been made of the Kendrick Perkins trade but little has been said about what Nate Robinson brought the Celtics or why we traded him in the first place.  Although, I was not a fan of his decision making but clearly we tried to make him a point when he was not.  The simple fact is that he was a shot of unpredictable adreneline off the bench that could change the dynamic of the bench.  The Celtics looked like a bunch of old farts out there needed thier cup of mojo and I think that is missed in the locker room as well as on the court.  Shaq will bring some of this back, with his looseness and all, but Nate Rob, and Eddie House before him were significant contributors not only in shooting but in charisma and energy. 
    Posted by ShepherdCall[/QUOTE]

No case......Delonte is playing lights out. Jeff Green has played well. This is on the starters......simple as that. The only spark Nate gave us was playoff time. I think we can get the same from the two afforementioned players.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

In Response to Energy - the Case for Nate Robinson:
    [QUOTE]A ton has been made of the Kendrick Perkins trade but little has been said about what Nate Robinson brought the Celtics or why we traded him in the first place.  Although, I was not a fan of his decision making but clearly we tried to make him a point when he was not.  The simple fact is that he was a shot of unpredictable adreneline off the bench that could change the dynamic of the bench.  The Celtics looked like a bunch of old farts out there needed thier cup of mojo and I think that is missed in the locker room as well as on the court.  Shaq will bring some of this back, with his looseness and all, but Nate Rob, and Eddie House before him were significant contributors not only in shooting but in charisma and energy. 
    Posted by ShepherdCall[/QUOTE]

Nate? Really? If the "big four" need the Wizard of Oz munchkin to motivate them then we're in bigger trouble than I thought.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

I think shepard has a point.   Our biggest issue has been on the offensive end.  Nate could create his own offense and sometimes was a great spark plug.  He did go through a bit of a slump this year but who hasn't on this team?  Wish we could've made the trade without having to give him up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I agree, but I think we can onlu focus on who is here now.  The fact is Nate was not bringing it the way he had cuz he was hurt.  The fact he had surgery and is done for the year tells me we had no choice and even if not traded would not be playing, atleast effectively.  We have to come to grips that all of our problems this year are invloved with injuries.  Quis and Nate were both damaged goods that we got players for.  Cant argue that.  I would have loved to still have Nate, but truth is he was hurt and is now at home instead of playing in OKC.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

No more Shrek and Donkey. How sad...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

I was happy to see Nate go ... until I realized Perk had to go with him ... yes he gave good energy last year... but he just wasn't the same guy this year

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

In Response to Re: Energy - the Case for Nate Robinson:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Energy - the Case for Nate Robinson : No case......Delonte is playing lights out. Jeff Green has played well. This is on the starters......simple as that. The only spark Nate gave us was playoff time. I think we can get the same from the two afforementioned players.
    Posted by terrrapin[/QUOTE]

True but Nate was a character and funny as hell.  Is that you in that pic?   wow