Enough troll engaging back to the spirit of the board talking celtics!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

Re: Enough troll engaging back to the spirit of the board talking celtics!!!!

With every post by what's left of Celtic fans it makes it clearer and clearer why Sam left this madhouse.

"It's a madhouse. A madhouse!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Did anyone revoke poor avengers' right to leave?  Thanks to you all hitting the "reply" button, I can see how unhappy the guy is here!  Did someone tell him he couldn't leave any time he wanted to?  For it takes MEN to belong to this madhouse.......lol....weenies not apply....
    Note how I have said nothing personal toward avenger.  He is free to post here all he wants...............he must now suffer the consequences.  I am leaving him alone, but he is still being tag-teamed........."ba da bump bump ba....I' m lovin' it."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

lakersavenger,

Click here to find out more!

Lakers Blog

Round-the-Clock Purple and Gold

« Previous Post | Lakers Blog Home | Next Post »

GQ includes Laker fans among the worst sports fans

If there was any such exercise that's the equivalent of throwing red meat to the masses to devour, this would be the perfect item.

Sure, there are plenty of Laker stories that cause division and uprising. There's an Andrew Bynum injury, questioning of Kobe Bryant's shot selection, debating the Lakers' all-time greatest players, Luke Walton's contract and any praise for the Boston Celtics or Miami Heat. But this one surpasses them all -- questioning the Lakers' fanhood. The latest issue of GQ Magazine ranks the top 15 worst sports fans in the country and to no one's surprise, Lakers fans are on that list. Below is the excerpt:

Congratulations, Angelenos! You are the fairest of America's fair-weather fans! The Lakers unfaithful abandoned their team en masse when Magic retired in 1991, then reconfirmed their fickleness by sending local TV ratings plummeting 30 percent after Shaq departed in 2004. Meanwhile, in these championship days, the Staples Center is more bar scene than sports complex, where fans can't be bothered to clap -- their hands are too busy texting. "The focus is sometimes not on the court," coach Phil Jackson has said. "It's on the people in the crowd." Which explains why eight box suites were recently combined into an offshoot of an abominable nightclub, the Hyde Lounge. After VIPs pass a clipboard gauntlet -- at a sports stadium -- they can eat $21 nachos at a crocodile-skin bar while waiting for the space to transform into a postbuzzer dance club. When it's time to leave, a valet will even bring around their bandwagon.

Really? GQ goes through such a "heavily researched, highly scientific account of the bleacher creatures, bottle-throwers, couch-torchers, sexual harassers, projectile vomiters, and serially indifferent bandwagon-hoppers marring our national landscape" and that's their conclusion? Spare all the homework. I could've given you that synopsis in 30 or fewer seconds and then presented it as some undiscovered observation. Too bad it's as boring and predictable a stereotype as Kendrick Perkins calling Phil Jackson "arrogant" and Pau Gasol "soft."

"I think they're accustomed to success," Jackson said in amusement about the rankings. "That's kind of a natural reaction when you have a lot of success. People enjoy the show rather than feeling they have to encourage the team in an element of fanatacism."

But by no means are Lakers fans simply star-gazers [OK, GQ put it a little less delicately]. That's all part of the show of course. There's no atmosphere that can duplicate Laker games, where you'll see Jeanie Buss allowing Justin Bieber to wear Jackson's championship ring, Ron Artest chatting up Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg courtside about a possible collaboration and Dustin Hoffman appearing in every Kiss Cam segment. But to pin Laker fans as mindless celebrity-crazed socialites is simply wrong on every level.

Go to any Lakers game and you'll hear fans appropriately respond to anything happening on the court. If  Kobe threads the needle through a double team, penetrates the post with amazing footwork and ends the sequence with a sweet pull-up jumper, the Staples Center crowd rises and cheers over Bryant's continued clutchness. If Artest throws up an uncontested three-pointer, runs the fast break as if he were a bull in a china shop or appears downright lost in running the triangle, the Staples Center crowd tenses up, ready to know something bad could possibly happen. And if the Lakers execute the triangle with perfect execution, the Staples Center crowd will marvel at the nuances on how the Lakers ran it. They just so happen to have the Laker girls, celebrity sightings and the beautiful people around them to enhance the experience.

"I think over here they don't understand in L.A. they have fans with swag," Artest said. "We be laid back. We got our shades on. We got our Grey Poupon. I know some fans who travel with Grey Poupon. How many fans do you know who have Grey Poupon? They're on the front row on the floor with Grey Poupon with nice silverware, just in case they want to get a slice of steak or some caviar. We got caviar at Staples Center. We got ladies dancing. We got swag."

But Artest also added something critical to understand about Lakers fans. The ones who arrive at the Staples Center are a small fragment of what makes up the organization's fanbase. These are the ones who show up enmasse to downtown L.A. during the Lakers parade, hoping they could catch a glimpse of the stars they've only seen on television. These are the ones who live in several parts of the country outside L.A. and follow the purple and gold by any means necessary, including satellite cable packages, mulitmedia coverage and box scores. And these are the ones who comment frequently in this forum. Describing these fans as fair weather and star crazed doesn't just fit a lazy stereotype. It's completely inaccurate.

With so many things to do in Los Angeles, such as hitting up Hollywood night spots, the beach and a wide range of diverse communities, many Lakers fans solely care about one thing: Watching and discussing the Lakers. They're eager to talk about things as universal as Bryant's clutchness and things as inside basketball as what Joe Smith says before the starters are introduced at games. They're equally excited about the Lakers during the NBA playoffs as they are during the dog days of August where there really is no Lakers news going on.

"The fans outside are hardcore," Artest said. "I'll tell you how they're different. You go into any neighborhood outside of Staples Center and talk about the Lakers. If you're not good, they'll show you how passionate they are."

So what's happened, Ron?

"No I'm not going to say nothing."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

Wow, the ignorance from these Celtic posters.  Bill Russell , who is the greatest Celtic of all time spoke of the racism in Boston, and he was undoubtedly referring to people like DoctorCO. Sad and pathtic.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

http://www.forbes.com/2010/08/02/best-fans-teams-lifestyle-sports-fandom_slide_11.html

Forbes top Fans

Sox 1
    Pats 5
    Celtics 7
    Lakers 12

Forbes knows what there talking about.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

In Response to Re: Enough troll engaging back to the spirit of the board talking celtics!!!!:
    [QUOTE]http://www.forbes.com/2010/08/02/best-fans-teams-lifestyle-sports-fandom_slide_11.html Forbes top Fans Sox 1 Pats 5 Celtics 7 Lakers 12 Forbes knows what there talking about.
    Posted by DFURY13[/QUOTE]

Forbes certainly does know what they're talking about:

Kobe Bryant And Los Angeles Lakers Most Popular Among NBA Fans

http://blogs.forbes.com/mikeozanian/2010/11/11/kobe-bryant-and-los-angeles-lakers-most-popular-among-nba-fans/

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

Ironically The Lakes are 5 spots behind. The same number of Minny titles that kind of count hmmmmm eerie.... Anyways back to Celtics talk what free agents could be possible to bolster this roster. Hopefully no Kwame Brown here. I'll even take Scal back over that.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Enough troll engaging back to the spirit of the board talking celtics!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Ironically The Lakes are 5 spots behind. The same number of Minny titles that kind of count hmmmmm eerie.... Anyways back to Celtics talk what free agents could be possible to bolster this roster. Hopefully no Kwame Brown here. I'll even take Scal back over that.

For this year, I want Aaron Gray, with Kwame as possible THRID string!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

lakers avenger,

News

GQ Names Laker Fans ‘Worst In America’

Share this 5 comments
    (credit: Stephen Dunn/Getty Images)

(credit: Stephen Dunn/Getty Images)

Lakers Photos
    Lakers vs. FC Barcelona The Los Angeles Lakers face off with Pau Gasol’s former team and European Champions FC Barcelona on October 7, 2010. Nike's House of Hoops In Barcelona and Basketball Clinic Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol go against Ricky Rubio and Juan Carlos Navarro on a 2-on-2 game Lakers Travel To London Pilots hold up a Lakers flag before the Los Angeles Lakers travel to London at LAX on September 30, 2010, in Los Angeles, California. Barcelona Goes Crazy For The Lakers The Lakers arrived in Barcelona, Spain to huge crowds and lots of media at their practice inside Palau Blaugrana stadium. Lakers star Pau Gasol is from Spain.

LOS ANGELES (CBS) — Laker fans have a habit of leaving games early to beat traffic and a reputation for setting cars on fire in the event of a championship win (thanks to a couple bad apples), but does that really make us the worst in the NBA?

Men’s magazine GQ compiled a list of the Worst Sports Fans in America (some explicit language) and have listed Laker fans as “the fairest of America’s fair-weather fans.” The magazine cites fan abandonment of the team when Magic retired in 1991 and again when Shaq was traded to the Miami Heat in 2004 as among the main reasons.

Fifteen groups of fans are listed, for different reasons. For example, Dallas Cowboys fans were taken to task for being “deluded trash-talkers,” while Montreal Canadiens fans were called “frostbitten hooligans.” A list of riots got University of Maryland basketball fans the honor of being called “Night Terrors.”

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

This is a quote from Forbes:
     "Kobe Bryant and the Los Angeles Lakers are by far the favorites with basketball fans."

http://blogs.forbes.com/mikeozanian/2010/11/11/kobe-bryant-and-los-angeles-lakers-most-popular-among-nba-fans/

BY FAR! 
    Forbes words, not mine. Celtics not even close.

It feels great to be represented by the world's most popular and successful team. Thank you Lakers. The world loves you. And for good reason.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]lakers avenger, News GQ Names Laker Fans ‘Worst In America’ March 18, 2011 3:04 PM Share this 2 Share 5 comments (credit: Stephen Dunn/Getty Images) Filed under Lakers , Local , News Related tags Fair-Weather Fans , Laker Fans , Los Angeles Lakers , Worst Sports Fans In America Lakers Photos Lakers vs. FC Barcelona The Los Angeles Lakers face off with Pau Gasol’s former team and European Champions FC Barcelona on October 7, 2010. Nike's House of Hoops In Barcelona and Basketball Clinic Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol go against Ricky Rubio and Juan Carlos Navarro on a 2-on-2 game Lakers Travel To London Pilots hold up a Lakers flag before the Los Angeles Lakers travel to London at LAX on September 30, 2010, in Los Angeles, California. Barcelona Goes Crazy For The Lakers The Lakers arrived in Barcelona, Spain to huge crowds and lots of media at their practice inside Palau Blaugrana stadium. Lakers star Pau Gasol is from Spain. LOS ANGELES (CBS) — Laker fans have a habit of leaving games early to beat traffic and a reputation for setting cars on fire in the event of a championship win (thanks to a couple bad apples), but does that really make us the worst in the NBA? Men’s magazine GQ compiled a list of the Worst Sports Fans in America (some explicit language) and have listed Laker fans as “the fairest of America’s fair-weather fans.” The magazine cites fan abandonment of the team when Magic retired in 1991 and again when Shaq was traded to the Miami Heat in 2004 as among the main reasons. Fifteen groups of fans are listed, for different reasons. For example, Dallas Cowboys fans were taken to task for being “deluded trash-talkers,” while Montreal Canadiens fans were called “frostbitten hooligans.” A list of riots got University of Maryland basketball fans the honor of being called “Night Terrors.”
    Posted by DoctorCO[/QUOTE]

They are very popular OUTSIDE of LA - I believe this article talks about how obnoxious the LA fans are.......coming late, leaving early, feeling entitled.....etc.  It's one thing to be popular, but if some of the outside world saw how truly obnoxious these people are, their popularity would diminish!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]lakers avenger, News GQ Names Laker Fans ‘Worst In America’ March 18, 2011 3:04 PM Share this 2 Share 5 comments (credit: Stephen Dunn/Getty Images) Filed under Lakers , Local , News Related tags Fair-Weather Fans , Laker Fans , Los Angeles Lakers , Worst Sports Fans In America Lakers Photos Lakers vs. FC Barcelona The Los Angeles Lakers face off with Pau Gasol’s former team and European Champions FC Barcelona on October 7, 2010. Nike's House of Hoops In Barcelona and Basketball Clinic Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol go against Ricky Rubio and Juan Carlos Navarro on a 2-on-2 game Lakers Travel To London Pilots hold up a Lakers flag before the Los Angeles Lakers travel to London at LAX on September 30, 2010, in Los Angeles, California. Barcelona Goes Crazy For The Lakers The Lakers arrived in Barcelona, Spain to huge crowds and lots of media at their practice inside Palau Blaugrana stadium. Lakers star Pau Gasol is from Spain. LOS ANGELES (CBS) — Laker fans have a habit of leaving games early to beat traffic and a reputation for setting cars on fire in the event of a championship win (thanks to a couple bad apples), but does that really make us the worst in the NBA? Men’s magazine GQ compiled a list of the Worst Sports Fans in America (some explicit language) and have listed Laker fans as “the fairest of America’s fair-weather fans.” The magazine cites fan abandonment of the team when Magic retired in 1991 and again when Shaq was traded to the Miami Heat in 2004 as among the main reasons. Fifteen groups of fans are listed, for different reasons. For example, Dallas Cowboys fans were taken to task for being “deluded trash-talkers,” while Montreal Canadiens fans were called “frostbitten hooligans.” A list of riots got University of Maryland basketball fans the honor of being called “Night Terrors.”
    Posted by DoctorCO[/QUOTE]

The whole problem with the lakers are their fans.  I live in LA...........I don't hate the Dodgers or the Angels.........I'm sure I'll be fine with whatever football team they steal......but the reason I don't like the lakers is because of their fans.....the lakers are a great organization..stability in ownership, good trades, wise draft picks...the list goes on.  But, it is NOT a two way street.  There is NO respect given to the Celtics.......every title was either an injury excuse, or an 8 team league excuse.  Now, we do the same thing, but this is a Celtics forum, and we should be able to...try being a Celtics fan on a lakers forum...the refusal to admit that they are slipping even a little, or that maybe Russell would be good even today, just burns me.  They have NO respect....."wheelchair, brick........" I have them all on ignore now, but they still don't go away.  All the people who said they would go away if you ignore them can kiss my fat one.  They won't go away.
    There was one who even said once he stopped reading attacks, he would become more civilized.  Well, I write "Bryant" now.......and I haven't responded in over a week...............still waiting to see if he's man enough to "man up."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Enough troll engaging back to the spirit of the board talking celtics!!!! : The whole problem with the lakers are their fans.  I live in LA...........I don't hate the Dodgers or the Angels.........I'm sure I'll be fine with whatever football team they steal......but the reason I don't like the lakers is because of their fans.....the lakers are a great organization..stability in ownership, good trades, wise draft picks...the list goes on.  But, it is NOT a two way street.  There is NO respect given to the Celtics.......every title was either an injury excuse, or an 8 team league excuse.  Now, we do the same thing, but this is a Celtics forum, and we should be able to...try being a Celtics fan on a lakers forum...the refusal to admit that they are slipping even a little, or that maybe Russell would be good even today, just burns me.  They have NO respect....."wheelchair, brick........" I have them all on ignore now, but they still don't go away.  All the people who said they would go away if you ignore them can kiss my fat one.  They won't go away. There was one who even said once he stopped reading attacks, he would become more civilized.  Well, I write "Bryant" now.......and I haven't responded in over a week...............still waiting to see if he's man enough to "man up."
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

You talkin' to me?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Enough troll engaging back to the spirit of the board talking celtics!!!! : You talkin' to me?
    Posted by lakersavenger[/QUOTE]

No I wasn't.......but I'm getting ready to go buy lunch.......why don't you come take my lunch money from me?

Best joke ever!!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

http://www.celticstown.com/2010/08/03/boston-celtics-fans-named-best-in-the-nba/

nuff said

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

The best thing about this thread is the number of gray lines with dimmed authors I see.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RosalieTCeltics. Show RosalieTCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]It gets old Duke. I'm sick of them. It's time to talk about what matters here, the C's. I don't think we're done yet.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

respectfully, if the content here is weak - and it is - how much better is sam's forum w/ zero activity in the past 21 hours?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

At least the trolls create some much needed entertainment with there foolishness and pipedreams.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

lakers avenger,

forbes?????????.......

GQ OWNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..

And the lakers wont win the title....sorry...

its the nba...not hollingerba

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

LAKERS AVENGER

GQS WORDS...NOT MINE

They know what there talking about...

Congratulations, Angelenos! You are the fairest of America's fair-weather fans! The Lakers unfaithful abandoned their team en masse when Magic retired in 1991, then reconfirmed their fickleness by sending local TV ratings plummeting 30 percent after Shaq departed in 2004. Meanwhile, in these championship days, the Staples Center is more bar scene than sports complex, where fans can't be bothered to clap—their hands are too busy texting. "The focus is sometimes not on the court," coach Phil Jackson has said. "It's on the people in the crowd." Which explains why eight box suites were recently combined into an offshoot of an abominable nightclub, the Hyde Lounge. After VIPs pass a clipboard gauntlet—at a sports stadium—they can eat $21 nachos at a crocodile-skin bar while waiting for the space t

Sections
Shortcuts