Entirely Predictable Loss in Miami.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Re: Entirely Predictable Loss in Miami.

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

[/QUOTE]

Why would you possibly think I was taking what you said personally?

[Quote]

_

I wasn't addressing you individually but the board in general and that other guy who originally instigated the attacks on me.

Ya can't look at much, can ya, Man.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:

GK, the Celtics should play that video for their starting lineup introductions.

ROTFLMAO!!!

I saw you ROTFL(Your)AO after the first two Lacker games also!  How did those results work out for you?  Now that's funny!!  HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

-

We don't need to be engaging with trolls and then complaining about them.  If they were ignored they would not come back.  But they are not ignored.  

Too bad Boston.com can't get it together to complete the renovation of the Board and put in an Ignore button and spell checking

And my cursor is always getting stuck.  Is this common?  If i want to go back to correct a typo its difficult to get my cursor to the point I want it.  Is this common now.  WTF is going on with BDC.  Is this the era of ineptitude?

At least the moderators are on the job, eh.  LoL

Ya can't look at much, can ya, Man.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Great heartfelt post Rame. Great to see a true fan on this thread rather than the OP who gave up on the team after one game and tried to portray Allen as a "class guy" when he woudln't even return Rivers calls in the offseason and then cried to the press for two months. 

I too wish for the return of the ignore button as I'm not interested in intereracting with close-minded people. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

With all due respect, I believe we all want a championship and as often as people post here I feel that is universal(minus the trolls). The bigger point is not that people are giving up or being negative after only one game(the new mantra),but that the same issues appeared in micro...Immaturity,non-clutch shooting, tenativeness, poor use of personel(from our so called veterans). The one's that dare bring these points up want a reversal with all deliberate speed. When that speed actually goes in reverse at times, people are pointing it out and getting slammed by it. The truth hurts even when its not on the disabled list...

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

-

I will never agree with anyone who characterizes Ray Allen as a traitor and a bad guy in the break down of the relationship. You all can agree to disagree with me on that one, but I take a more nuanced approach to interpretating the breakdown.  I won't discredit either party by simplifying the dynamic between them.

I followed the off-season and the pre-season with great interest every step of the way. I just don't post on forums in the off-season, beliving that despite what management does the games are decided by the players and the coaches only. Management does have a role in the mind-set of the team and that has often been to Danny's detriment.  These players are people with real feeling, real families, and we fans sometimes forget that:  instances like the departure of Ray and Perk should bring that home to us.  Emotions count.

I whole heartedly agree with this paragraph:

"It is a shame that the mods and BDC have weakened this forum so much when it comes to the layout and functionality and of course failed to do their jobs in keeping the place free of the trolls that clearly are here to be confrontational and attack others."

Trolls and the people who engage with them bring down the entire board.

But you don't need an Ignore button to refrain from engaging with them or with anyone with whom you don't agree.  I haven't always taken the high road, but I'm finding it a lot more attractive lately.

This years Celtic's will be exciting, and we will have the same old questions about Rondo, who mos def is top five, and the most unique (as if there could be degrees of uniqueness): will he rise to meet the challenge that management has lain on him, or will he be the little engine that -almost- could.  Interesting, eh?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In response to tomobo's comment:

With all due respect, I believe we all want a championship and as often as people post here I feel that is universal(minus the trolls). The bigger point is not that people are giving up or being negative after only one game(the new mantra),but that the same issues appeared in micro...Immaturity,non-clutch shooting, tenativeness, poor use of personel(from our so called veterans). The one's that dare bring these points up want a reversal with all deliberate speed. When that speed actually goes in reverse at times, people are pointing it out and getting slammed by it. The truth hurts even when its not on the disabled list...

Nice post.

I think we crossed in the mail.

I love this quote and the way you presented your idea:

" The one's that dare bring these points up want a reversal with all deliberate speed. When that speed actually goes in reverse at times, people are pointing it out and getting slammed by it. The truth hurts even when its not on the disabled list..."

And this quote, reverse sequence:

"The bigger point is not that people are giving up or being negative after only one game(the new mantra), but that the same issues appeared in micro...Immaturity, non-clutch shooting, tenativeness, poor use of personel (from our so called veterans)."

"The truth hurts even when its not on the disabled list..."

Great Line. I might make that my new mantra.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

To say any of the following things and be considered a legit fan of this team is unacceptable to me:

1. Attacking Rondo for the same old issues the small minds/haters have had for 5 years now or saying he is overrated and not an elite player.

2.  Choosing Ray Allen's 'woe is me look what Boston did to force my hand even as they paid me 10-17 million a year and offered me double what Miami  sob story over the actions of ANY Celtic (Ainge, Rondo, KG, Doc) when it comes to why ray isn't here

3. Giving up on the season after 1 game

I you want a learning moment, this is it:  "To say any of the following things and be considered a legit fan of this team is unacceptable to me:"

I think you are dead wrong about Ray. Nuff said.  I don't claim to have a hot line to the truth, and I don't believe everything everybody says, especialy management and especialy Boston Sports Management who have a history of treating players like chattel.

I agree to disagree with you on Ray.  We differ in our view point.  You interpret the ifnformation available to you differently than I interpret the information avialable to me.

Rondo has had the same issues his entire career: immaturity, poor jump shooter, stubbgorn mind-set, arrogant sense of entitlement.

What I found charming in him as a young'un I now find to be established flaws.  I'm a big Rondo fan, a big supporter, I love to wathc him play with abandon and take over a game: but I would also like to see him mature and become a real leader and  to be able to hit a clutch open jumper when the team has fougnt back to a a 5 point deficier wsith a buck 28 left to play.

Let's not lose sight of what happened against the Heat.  It was a very important, symbolic game. I would have liked to see us win it.

No one I know gave up on the season after that game, some posters were facetious and even spelled it out for you twice;  fuh-c-tious.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to RajonRondowski's comment:

In response to tomobo's comment:

Nice post.

I think we crossed in the mail.

I love this quote and the way you presented your idea:

" The one's that dare bring these points up want a reversal with all deliberate speed. When that speed actually goes in reverse at times, people are pointing it out and getting slammed by it. The truth hurts even when its not on the disabled list..."

And this quote, reverse sequence:

"The bigger point is not that people are giving up or being negative after only one game(the new mantra), but that the same issues appeared in micro...Immaturity, non-clutch shooting, tenativeness, poor use of personel (from our so called veterans)."

"The truth hurts even when its not on the disabled list..."

Great Line. I might make that my new mantra.

Thanks, man. Were all fans here. The greater the expectations, the bigger the disappointment. Using the political analogy the way you did is very apt considering that we all want the country to be on solid ground but have different takes on how to get there. No one here is any less or more of a fan than anyone else. Even Pud!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Rajon,

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1381238-ray-allen-needs-to-stop-talking-about-the-boston-celtics-and-move-on 

It is articles like this that have influenced many Celtics fans opinion towards Ray.  Most of us were already upset that he signed with Miami for a lot less money and they are one of our biggest rivals.  He also continued to make negative comments about the Celtics organization and try to twist the facts to suit him.  I don't like him anymore and hope that he is booed when he plays his first game in Boston. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

_

I followed the off-season-pretty closely and the articles about Ray and the move. I''m also aware of how the Boston PR department works having seen it discredit many former players after they left. I never intended to make people re-hash the whole Ray goes to Miami thing, just to make it clear where I stand.

I don't blame Ray or consider him a traitor - he long ago stated for the record thaqt he loved it here and wanted to retire a Celtic, but the relationship irrevoccably brokedown and like any divorce there are two side to the story and feelings get hurt. I'm not out to change anyone's mind or re-hash it, and Ray remains a favorite of mine.  I get emotionally attached to players and remain loyal.  I still miss Perk.  

But I understand it's a business and you got to be able to move on.  I support the team we have now, and that includes our elite, top-five point guard, Rondo, he of the irratting flaws but easliy the most intereesting point guard to watch in the NBA.

Ya can't look much, can ya, Man.

Sections
Shortcuts