Erden is a keeper

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Erden is a keeper

I'm really impressed with him so far. He has good skills and plays within himself. I think we can get away with him playing a little PF.

I would keep Erden & Lasme and send Harangody to the DL.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Erden is a keeper

Asking him to play PF might be too much of a stretch. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Looks like a keeper indeed!
    ....but time will tell.

He has some basketball IQ and Oldschool must be happy we hired a European.
    Runrunarun have not seen here since Danny hired this dude.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Agreed on Erden.  Looks like a solid bench guy, especially after he conquers the language barrier and gets more acclimated to the NBA.  Another decent 2nd rounder for Danny. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Erden will be the 11th man on the roster. Looks like Doc will not play Shaq on some nights during the course of the regular season. If so, Erden will be JO's backup when Shaq gets the night off. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

his turnover numbers are a bit vulgar................

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

In Response to Re: Erden is a keeper:
    [QUOTE]his turnover numbers are a bit vulgar................
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

so true..It's almost like he is playing in a new system with new players in a new country.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

His free throw shooting isn't vulgar! Plus he made some nice passes last night.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

I want to say that I was wrong about him. After watching him play a few international games, I thought he would be a bust. He has been better than anticipated. This roster is crazy. Who do you cut?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Wafer gets cut after Delonte's 10 game suspension.  Lasme has shown enough to get a spot ahead of him in my opinion, and West will get the brunt of the backup minutes at the 1 and 2 when he's back.  Erden is going to get minutes for this team because Shaq and J.O. will not play every night.  Doc needs to develop Erden while he can and in time for the playoffs.  Harangody hasn't shown much, think he gets some time in the NBADL.     

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

He looks like he'll stay with the C's as the 5th big until Perk is back. Erden still lacks a lot of experience obviously but he has the big P being potential. I'll refer to Erden from now on as Mr. Potential.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from larrykevinchief. Show larrykevinchief's posts

When he was drafted, Danny said he was our first round pick for that year...and after a year of seasoning in Turkey, he has been proven correct again.  He has a knack for the second round guys.  Even Orien Greene wasn't terrible........okay, maybe he was, but Erdan, Powe, Baby, Gomes and Walker (who got us Nate) have all been good pickups.  Nice job Danny!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]I want to say that I was wrong about him. After watching him play a few international games, I thought he would be a bust. He has been better than anticipated. This roster is crazy. Who do you cut?
    Posted by existentialparquet[/QUOTE]

VON WAFER!  Harangoody. 

Obviously, if Erdan can walk and chew gum, get rebounds and move his feet, has some sense for the game, he has to be kept as insurance on JON, who is already bangled up.

But you are right- we are going to have the IR utilized shrewdly and this year the end of the bench will be staffed by those who could play if need be.  not a bunch of paddy o'brayants and marburys down there.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Erden is a keeper : VON WAFER!  Harangoody.  Obviously, if Erdan can walk and chew gum, get rebounds and move his feet, has some sense for the game, he has to be kept as insurance on JON, who is already bangled up. But you are right- we are going to have the IR utilized shrewdly and this year the end of the bench will be staffed by those who could play if need be.  not a bunch of paddy o'brayants and marburys down there.

Whatever happened to Patrick O'Bryant?

I guess after the Celtics got rid of him, he just disappeared into thin air!

LOL!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Erden is a keeper : Whatever happened to Patrick O'Bryant?
    Posted by Waynestarr[/QUOTE]

don't look now, but paddy is lingering in never never land in the nba after playing 11 games for toronto last year.  he may be bound for international waters.  :-O

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pretzeller. Show Pretzeller's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Erden is a keeper : don't look now, but paddy is lingering in never never land in the nba after playing 11 games for toronto last year.  he may be bound for international waters.  :-O

Already made the jump, his wiki page says he signed on with some chinese league team

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Semih Erdan....is walking through those doors...LOL!!!!!

From the last pick a couple of years ago, to playing in turkey to making the team....with more time we may have winner for years to come.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

11th man is Semih Erden.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

He looks a lot better than I thought.  Not starter material obviously but he looks like someone who can be a decent back up big for a long time.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think that Shaq and Jermaine will take turns. They will ocassionally sit but I think Shaq will start and Jermaine will come off the bench for him or Garnett depending on the matchups, with Big Baby coming in also around the same time. Other then Garnett they will all be fighting for time when perkins gets back in the mix. Even if Wallace wants to come out of retirement I'm not sure we would have room for him.
    Posted by GAShamrock60[/QUOTE]
    Perkins is the one who's going to be behind both O'neals once Perk returns unless one of the O'neals is injured.

Sections
Shortcuts