Erden Will Get His Chance

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Erden Will Get His Chance

The Celtics have three days off before traveling to Detroit Tuesday night. Rivers said if neither O’Neal is available, Glen Davis would start and Semih Erden would be the go-to big off the bench.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2010/10/30/rivers_passes_along_praise/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Re: Erden Will Get His Chance

Go Semih !!!!!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Maybe JON can stay in Detroit and Greg Monroe can accidentally get on the plane instead!!.......:)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Erden Will Get His Chance:
    Doc also said "I hope it doesn't happen" .... same old Doc, not wanting to play his bench even this early in the season.
    Posted by Mployee8

You didn't understand what Doc meant. 

“I hope it doesn’t happen, but we anticipate this could happen one or two games that neither one are available,’’ Rivers said. “We just hope it’s not for a long stretch.’’

Comprehension problems?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Erden Will Get His Chance : He's still in denial ... he can't bring himself to play the bench despite what he knows and said, that's the point.
    Posted by Mployee8

You think Semih Erden will not get any playing time against Detroit on Tuesday?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Only if he has to ... what don't you understand?
    Posted by Mployee8

So if Doc has to play Erden then he will play Erden, right? What's wrong with that?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

He doesn't really want to ... he has a window of opportunity to work his new bench players into their roles while other teams still have their training wheels on but prefers to delay the inevitable ... he needs to embrace it now for the good of the team long term even if it costs us a few games now.
    Posted by Mployee8

The Celtics lost to the Cavs because Doc tried to give the bench extended minutes. How did the fans here react?

Can't have it both ways, if you want to win do it the right way. Have some faith in Doc.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Did you see who started the first 5-6 mins of the 4th qtr against the Knicks the other night? They held a ten point lead the entire time they were out there ... as you said, ya gotta take the good with the bad, I think that was you but I may be getting senile.
    Posted by Mployee8

The Celtics won that game, you should be happy.

Is your opinion really more important than a Celtics win?

Doc already said he's going to play Erden if the O'Neals are out. Yet, you're still unhappy because according to you Doc will play Erden because he has to, not because he wants to. Duh!

Astute?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Erden Will Get His Chance : I'm always happy to see them win ... but happier to see them do it utilizing the bench as much as they did in that tight game (though it shouldn't have been) in the 4th qtr as well which gives the starters fresh legs to finish. Yeah, astute ... cause unlike you I think with an aging team planning for the long run is more important than sacrificing a few games early to develop the role players and their confidence. Last year Doc lost games down the stretch to preserve energy but this year I was hoping he'd try it the other way while winning anyway as I hate to lose to teams you shouldn't regardless. Aside: Pacers cut Magnum Rolle ... thought he'd make the team but he got caught up in the numbers game there ... nice PF, wonder if someone else signs him or if he goes overseas or stays with their affiliate.
    Posted by Mployee8

Do you even read what you post? You said sacrifice a few games early, then you contradict that by saying that you're hoping that Doc tries it the other way. 

I'm really beginning to understand why Wafer can't stand Delonte.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

In Response to Re: Erden Will Get His Chance : I'm always happy to see them win ... but happier to see them do it utilizing the bench as much as they did in that tight game (though it shouldn't have been) in the 4th qtr as well which gives the starters fresh legs to finish. Yeah, astute ... cause unlike you I think with an aging team planning for the long run is more important than sacrificing a few games early to develop the role players and their confidence. Last year Doc lost games down the stretch to preserve energy but this year I was hoping he'd try it the other way while winning anyway as I hate to lose to teams you shouldn't regardless. Aside: Pacers cut Magnum Rolle ... thought he'd make the team but he got caught up in the numbers game there ... nice PF, wonder if someone else signs him or if he goes overseas or stays with their affiliate.
    Posted by Mployee8

Flip-flopping?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

According to the story Fierce posted Shaq should be ok by Tuesday.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

if Doc thinks both O'neals might be out ONE or TWO nights this year, he's really optimistic that they are going to schedule their injuries according to his wishes!  It ain't gonna be like that! 

if he was a good and realistic coach, he'd realize that this COULD easily happen a good 10 times this year and use the opportunities to urgently explore what are the BEST ALTERNATIVE OPTIONS to use should this ever happen in a POST SEASON SCENARIO!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

if Doc thinks both O'neals might be out ONE or TWO nights this year, he's really optimistic that they are going to schedule their injuries according to his wishes!  It ain't gonna be like that!  if he was a good and realistic coach, he'd realize that this COULD easily happen a good 10 times this year and use the opportunities to urgently explore what are the BEST ALTERNATIVE OPTIONS to use should this ever happen in a POST SEASON SCENARIO!!!
    Posted by aciemvp

The Celtics have a few days off until they face the Pistons on the road. I think that will be Semih Erden's first game as a Celtic. You agree?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

if Doc thinks both O'neals might be out ONE or TWO nights this year, he's really optimistic that they are going to schedule their injuries according to his wishes!  It ain't gonna be like that!  if he was a good and realistic coach, he'd realize that this COULD easily happen a good 10 times this year and use the opportunities to urgently explore what are the BEST ALTERNATIVE OPTIONS to use should this ever happen in a POST SEASON SCENARIO!!!
    Posted by aciemvp

Good post aciemvp

ITs not a question of if both Oneals are out, but when. Ill take it a step further, if just Shaq is out, we're in just as bad a spot considering how poorly JON is looking. Maybe Doc thinks Erden is just not good enough to play in the NBA period. That would explain things.,

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schleprechaun. Show Schleprechaun's posts

In Response to Re: Erden Will Get His Chance : Do you even read what you post? You said sacrifice a few games early, then you contradict that by saying that you're hoping that Doc tries it the other way.  I'm really beginning to understand why Wafer can't stand Delonte.
    Posted by P34

so, are you Wafer, or Delonte ins that analogy?

I like West's game more, but I think you are refering to Mp8 as the bi-polar element here....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Erden Will Get His Chance : so, are you Wafer, or Delonte ins that analogy? I like West's game more, but I think you are refering to Mp8 as the bi-polar element here....
    Posted by Schleprechaun

Bingo!

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Erden Will Get His Chance : Comprehension trouble again or all the time as usual ... how is it contradictory to ask that he sacrifice games early in the year rather than later in the year as he did last year? Thats the exact opposite but with the intention of the bench being better prepared and able to contribute more by playoff time.
    Posted by Mployee8

What are you trying to say?

Last year the bench contributed in the playoffs, so what the hell are you talking about?

Sections
Shortcuts