Eric Spoelstra

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from baseball4life93. Show baseball4life93's posts

Eric Spoelstra

i just want to give a quick take on eric spoelstra.. and why i think he is a terrible coach.

for 1, he has had such trouble dealing with 'the new big three' which never happend to doc.. doc took control from day 1 stating that this is still PP Celtics. which i think is the exact same thing that ES shoudlve done about D-Wade. Spoelstra also continueously calls out the team in his post game press conference with the latest being 'spygate'. he also shoulve made them all understand from day 1 they arent all going to be getting the same amount of touches that they used to get, therefore you wont hear chris bosh whine after a loss to the trailblazers that his 1st 3 FG attempts were jumpers and not "where a big man should get the ball"

i think he has absolutely no control over this team and in order for the heat to be successful would be to get a new coach in the offseason.

(im not a heat fan, im just sick of hearing reporters, or analysts stating this isn't his fault yada yada blah blah.)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Re: Eric Spoelstra

bb4life,

I agree with you. What ever happens in the locker room should stay in the locker room. He is trying to get respect from his big 3 which should've happened back in training camp.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Spoelestra was marginalized his first week on the job by LeBron, who said the coach was playing certain players too many minutes.  When your star player is setting the rotation and doling out the minutes, you're in trouble.  I am starting to believe that LeBron is the coach killer many say he is.  Doc would do a better job, but I wonder if he'd really want to coach LeBron  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

He's an idiot for NOT putting James on the block more. He's the best passer on the team, he can see the entire floor. This is a no-brainer and he's missed it. Riley put Magic in the post all the time and it created problems for all teams.

This is the biggest fundamental problem with that team especially since they don't have a low post player. Simply middle school coaching.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

compare Celtics big 3 EGO vs Miami 3 big EGO.

.....then tell me if there is an NBA qualified coach to handle the Miami 3 big EGO
    I don't think there is anyone who can handle it.

Jackson almost left when KOBE zeroed on him.
    Shaq has to go instead of Kobe---lebum and wade got the height ego of kobe.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Maybe, however...

Lebron is about himself and what a coach can do for him.

When the Boston big three came together KG had, by far, the greatest stature, but a completely different attitude. As a "company man" and a "team first" player, it was a lot easier for Doc. All he had to do is give the orders, and KG made sure that everyone stepped in line and followed the strategy.

This is the NBA where you can't fire the players, only the coach. This has as much to do with his players, as the coach.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from calvinator. Show calvinator's posts

One stat from last nights game sums it all up for the Heat. Free throw attempts and free throws made for any player not named James,Wade, or Bosh, 1 attempt 1 made. Outside of those three the entire team took 1 free throw.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

KG said that all the way till he held 17 over his head. I really thought Wade would have had enough stature to put MeBron in check guess I was wrong.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

its not as much that hes a terrible coach..you act like the coaching job he has rite now is easy..its far from it. the miami big 3 are not the boston big 3. younger, more arrogant, not willing to sacrifice for a championship.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Think of the preening-posing Miami Big three at their first photo-op,  and the arrival of the Celtic big three in Boston.  So different and the results appear obvious.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Eric Spoelstra:
    [QUOTE]The difference between when the Celtics big 3 came together and the Heat big 3 can be put quite simply............The NBA and ESPN and all the media wanted to put the Celtics on the pedestal and annoint them the favorites to win the title........their comment was "Why, we ain't done nothing yet"..............when the Heat 3 came together they wallowed in the praise guaranteeing not 6, not 7 but 8 championships.........if that isn't egomaniacal thinking I don't know what is.......but it certainly shows the difference between mature thinking and immature thinking.....
    Posted by damfuno[/QUOTE]

Well put!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

He's a major reason why the cHeat v the not gonna 3peat won't happen.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

He may not like it, but good coaches will show him how it helps them win.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Does it matter he does not like it, it is now about him (and maybe that is the problem)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

it would take a jackson or a riley to control mia's big three. i think dealing with those three is worse than having to deal with moss, to and 85 at the same time. it takes a very accomplished coach to do it.

Sections
Shortcuts