ESPN, Ainge said "Loosing to Win this Year" ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ieatgreen. Show Ieatgreen's posts

ESPN, Ainge said "Losing to Win this Year" ?

In the latest ESPN The Magazine article, ESPN's Sports center implied that Danny Ainge might have said this!  "Our team isn't good enough to win and we know it.  So this season we want to develope and evaluate our young players, let them learn from their mistakes-and ge us in position to grab a great player.  The best way for us to do that is to lose a lot of games.  This draft is loaded.  There are potential All-Stars at the top, maybe even franchise changers.  Sometimes my job is to understand the value of losing."  They(ESPN) also implied that ownership is on board with this notion because they understand the value down the road of having a chance to compete with a title.  In other words, "TANK!"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: ESPN, Ainge said

How do you "imply" someone "might" have said in quotes... Either he did say it or he didn't.  

I would think it be highly unprofessional and doubt that Danny actually said what you have in quotes.  

Maybe someone can find the actual transcript.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Seriously!

There's no way Danny said that. If he did, it would be HUGE and contradict everything he's said up to this point.

Please provide a link to such quotations, else delete this post.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I didn't see it saying anything about Ainge, it just said "anonymous GM", so you're just saying that you think it's Ainge.

However, it is possible. There are lots of teams out there that you know it wasn't their GM (Heat, Pacers, Knicks, Bulls, Clippers, etc.), but the Celtics are looking at a pretty bad year right now, especially with Rondo saying he's going to miss the beginning part of the season. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they get a top lottery pick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ieatgreen. Show Ieatgreen's posts

Anothe day, another loss.  Many more L's coming just watch! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

What's wrong with him saying that?  Well, if you believe the lottery is rigged, this is the way to get to the bottom of the draw.

Also, I believe the org could be fined.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

when did Ainge's name become attached to this story ?

unless the writer revealed it was Ainge, it's wrong to attach Ainge's name to it....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I have to admit leatgreen, I was wrong.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9893551/anonymous-nba-gm-why-team-tank-season-espn-magazine

Read the article carefully and tell me that isn't 

a) Danny Aigne & the Celtics

B) Create writing from the perspective of Danny Ainge

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I wasn't sold as I started reading thinking it could just as easily be the Suns or the Jazz. But then this paragraph:

"How do you pull it off? First, you talk it over with ownership. I analyzed the team and told them what I wanted to do, the guys I wanted to get rid of and the guys with future value whom we wanted to keep. We obviously traded away some of our veteran guys who gave us a better chance of winning right now for future draft picks and young players. The owners didn't want to tread water any more than I did. They'd rather go down to the bottom with the hope of coming up, so they signed off on it. It wasn't a fight at all. In a different season, it might not make sense, but this draft certainly makes it more appealing."

This is a new article so perhaps McDonough is talking about Scola and Gortat. The Jazz could be talking about Millsap and Jefferson, they did get draft picks for taking on GWS salary, but did they get any young players in the deal?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ieatgreen. Show Ieatgreen's posts

Anothe day, another loss.  Many more L's coming just watch! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

Anothe day, another loss.  Anyone having second thoughts about this?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:

In response to fbombfury's comment:

Anothe day, another loss.  Anyone having second thoughts about this?

NOT MOI...let the losing continue!!!!!

LOL Melswitt, I figured I add to this thread so bad luck shelprock would make his appearance.  Missingteeth

Sections
Shortcuts