ESPN, Who's Better: Pierce or Anthony? And the Answer is......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

ESPN, Who's Better: Pierce or Anthony? And the Answer is......

ESPN poses: Who's Better: Pierce or Anthony?
    http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4681951/insider-whos-better-pierce-or-anthony

This game tonight: Celts vs. Knicks basically answered the question in the 4th quarter.  When the game was on the line, Pierce took it to another level, got into Anthony's head and basically clowned him.

Winner= Paul Pierce.

Sorry Anthony fans, but that's the Truth.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Re: ESPN, Who's Better: Pierce or Anthony? And the Answer is......

Pierce ate his lunch. Defensively, Paul ate Anthony up. Also, there is no comparison on who can take over a game.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonlova9. Show bostonlova9's posts

I love it. TRUTH!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

No comments about how Pierce left Melo wide open at the 3-point line?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

The Truth  Melo can't handle the Truth

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Who's better is a tough question.

Pierce easily the better player defensively. On offense, thats a tough one.

One thing Pierce has demonstrated is hes clutch and takes over a game when the Celtics need him. Melo has had his moments too but not on the big stage where Pierce has taken his reputation to a higher level.

Finals MVP too.. means alot.

Pierce gets my vote

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Melo had a great first quarter.  Pierce had a great 4th quarter.  I know they both count the same really but...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhajra. Show dhajra's posts

<<Melo had a great first quarter.  Pierce had a great 4th quarter.  I know they both count the same really but...>>

Well, last night they DIDN'T count the same.  Kevin McHale had a quote I loved earlier this year, when talking about his days as a Celtic.  He said "You don't have to play a perfect game for 48 minutes, but you sure as heck have to play a perfect game for the last 48 seconds."  So true.  And then it's more mental than physical; you have to be mentally tough.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Pierce is really amazing how often he takes over late in the game.

I cant say Id pick anyone else in the NBA to take a final shot over him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The question is who would you rather have in a big game.  Pierce or Anthony? I mean really even a Laker fan could answer this one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Pierce slight and i mean SLIGHT edge on Anthony in final shots/end of game type situations

Anthony gets my vote for who will more likely or easily drop a 35 on you... even in same # of touches/shots.. it comes easier to the taller/younger player right now

Paul plays better defense

Paul gets more assists and steals

Paul has more guts, class and savvy

Paul is more likely to pull out a clutch 17 point 12 board 6 assist 3 steal 1 block 7-7 from the line 2-3 from 3 game when the team needs its captain and glue guy to be a jack of all trades lock down defender while Ray and/or KG have the big 24-27 point outburst

anthony NEVER does that

Paul is the clear winner... not for much longer as he is 33... but DEF RIGHT NOW

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I never understood why Pierce never gets the publicity from the Networks. He is a closer bar none. He is one of the best finishers in the game. Shaq called him the Truth for a reason. In the long history of the Celtics he is in the top two finishers in franchise hystory.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

it's simple really. anthony is now what pierce was a few years back. the growth in his maturity since the big 3 came together has been phenomenal. it obviously clicked then that this was his shot at glory, his best opportunity to etch his name in the history books, and he seized the chance with both hands.

anthony now has been gifted similar calibre teammates, at a much earlier stage in his career. will he now realise that scoring isn't everything, that defense, passing and rebounding are equally important? we shall see...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

Ever  since  Jordan  came  into  the  league, fans  and  pundits  have  over-emphasized  offensive  statistics.  Pierce  doesn't  take  nearly  as  many  shots  as  Anthony.  If  Pierce  played  on  a  sub  .500  team  and  was  the  go  to  guy, he  could  easily  average  25  points  a  night.  Anthony  is  a  great  athletic  talent.  However, he's  not  a  winner  b/c  he  doesn't  play  defense  and  isn't  a  team  player  like  PP.  It's  not  surprising  that  the  Nuggets  have  done  well  since  the  trade  and  the  Knicks  have  struggled  since  getting  Anthony.  I'd  take  Pierce  over  Anthony  without  hesitation.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Wheelchair or Anthony?

Who cares, the Mamba owns them both...easily!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

you mean series MVP Paul Pierce

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

This thread's theme does not ask a fair question. The NY Knicks with their scrubs minus Amare and you want to give the nod to Paula? Reverse the teams and Anthony would be just as effective if not more so than Pierce.

Amare and Anthony need serious help throughout their current roster. Most of their other Knick players wouldn't even make it in the "D" league.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN, Who's Better: Pierce or Anthony? And the Answer is......:
    [QUOTE]This thread's theme does not ask a fair question. The NY Knicks with their scrubs minus Amare and you want to give the nod to Paula? Reverse the teams and Anthony would be just as effective if not more so than Pierce....Posted by rsalas67m[/QUOTE]

One could also make a strong argument that if Anthony replaced Pierce, the Celtics would not be as good of a team because Anthony would not be willing to take less shots, play better D, move without the ball...and many of the other things Pierce does that doesn't show up in the stats.

In fact, I believe Pierce is to unselfish now and needs to do a little bit more ball hoggin. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN, Who's Better: Pierce or Anthony? And the Answer is......:
    [QUOTE]Wheelchair or Anthony? Who cares, the Mamba owns them both...easily!
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

On the other hand, the Garderner Snake, which I call the Ultimate Ball Hogger, the only NBA basketball player that has taken ball hogging to a level as have never been seen before, which would draw a "Please pass the ball for goodness sakes" response from even MJ himself, has to be the most selfish, self-absorb basketball player in human history ever since humans started basketballing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ESPN, Who's Better: Pierce or Anthony? And the Answer is...... : On the other hand, the Garderner Snake, which I call the Ultimate Ball Hogger, the only NBA basketball player that has taken ball hogging to a level as have never been seen before, which would draw a "Please pass the ball for goodness sakes" response from even MJ himself, has to be the most selfish, self-absorb basketball player in human history ever since humans started basketballing.
    Posted by rayallen1[/QUOTE]

= 5 time NBA champion, 13 time All Star, top 5 player of all time!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ESPN, Who's Better: Pierce or Anthony? And the Answer is...... : = 5 time NBA champion, 13 time All Star, top 5 player of all time!
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

Don't forget to add adulteress to those accolades.

Sections
Shortcuts