ESPN's Stein: Pierce/Gay/Gasol 3-way deal

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: ESPN's Stein: Pierce/Gay/Gasol 3-way deal

In response to Fierce34's comment:

but according to Stein the deal that several team executive's have mentioned would send Paul Pierce to Memphis, Rudy Gay to the Lakers, and Pau Gasol to Boston.

http://www.celticslife.com/2013/01/stein-celtics-and-grizzlies-have-talked.html

Why would we allow the Lakers to get Gay when we are better off with him without Pierce. The lakers get the best out of that deal as it stands unless there is something more.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

I think the Lakers will wait to the summer to trade Gasol. The will want to see what Howard does first

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I wouldn't mind this deal because it will allow Green to play and both LA and Memphis are in the West so it doesn't affect us. The Lakers are done anyway and Memphis cannot beat the Clippers or OKC.

What it does for us is give us a frontline of KG, Gasol and Green which may give Miami fits.

I'm in

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

I wouldn't mind that deal.  I like Gasol.  He hasn't been the same in LA since they tried to trade him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I think Gasol would love it here and might energize him. He is one of 2 lakers I actually like.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I also think Green when get a boost and we be doing CPP a favor

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

PULL THE TRIGGER, DANNY!

That's stupid trade. If Gasol can't do no zhyte behind a guy like Howard, then what's he gonna do here behind nobody? Gasol is getting up there...used up  ----->Pierce stays.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

PULL THE TRIGGER, DANNY!

Go after Gay, isn't he the one you want?  Why let the Lakers get him. Gasol has not played well for season and a half.  He is 19 million, not worth it. This team might still struggle.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

PULL THE TRIGGER, DANNY!

Go after Gay, isn't he the one you want?  Why let the Lakers get him. Gasol has not played well for season and a half.  He is 19 million, not worth it. This team might still struggle.

Agree, why include the Lakers? Give me Rudy over Gasol at this stage all day long!!  Plus Gay would become our go to guy, Gasol can't be that, and we're younger which is what we need to be!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Bad trade for all 3 teams.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

To say Gasol has not played well for a year and a half is just not accurate.  He averaged 17 and 10 last year.  THIS year, he is at 12 and 8.............which I would still take.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I have always been a fan of original Celtic greats ending their careers in Boston.....that said, I would do the deal.....there are two ways of looking at it...

1-Pierce for Gay is a great deal & makes us younger...but it doesn't increase our chances for a ring

2-Pierce for Gasol probably does help out in the short run...imagine two 7 footers (KG and Gasol) on the floor at same time....that helps our interior defense and rebounding...plus Green starts and he is young and athletic...and he might just flourish in his new role without being in CPP's shadow....think about it...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I don't want Gasol at 19 million a year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

I can't stand Rudy Gay for 19 million a year.  He's really worth about half that.  Give Jeff Green 36 minutes a game and you have Rudy Gay.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

I can't stand Rudy Gay for 19 million a year.  He's really worth about half that.  Give Jeff Green 36 minutes a game and you have Rudy Gay.

Pretty much...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

give Jeff Green 36 minutes a game and you have Rudy Gay.

Right on!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

T,oil,che ;spot on

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to CHEisCHE's comment:

give Jeff Green 36 minutes a game and you have Rudy Gay.

Right on!!

You guys are changing my mind. Doc needs to play Green 36 minutes a game now. Let's see what we have first. Logical.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to Duke4's comment:

I have always been a fan of original Celtic greats ending their careers in Boston.....that said, I would do the deal.....there are two ways of looking at it...

1-Pierce for Gay is a great deal & makes us younger...but it doesn't increase our chances for a ring

2-Pierce for Gasol probably does help out in the short run...imagine two 7 footers (KG and Gasol) on the floor at same time....that helps our interior defense and rebounding...plus Green starts and he is young and athletic...and he might just flourish in his new role without being in CPP's shadow....think about it...

Excellent post.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

How many years left on Gasol's contract?  Because at 19 mill your just swopping players.  PP has shown his age and we need length.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts