E'Twaun Moore Fan Club

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Re: E'Twaun Moore Fan Club

In Response to E'Twaun Moore Fan Club:
    This guy is our best rookie period!  It looks like he will be the backup for Ray, although the Celts have moved Bradley to the two, man that should solve the problem.  I hope Doc does not put us through the early years of Tony Allen again.  We need a guy like Richard H or Delonte W or Billups , at least a proven threat.  Moore is our only opiton and most first year players do not have the guts to do the job of a guy like Ray.  I am afraid Doc will play Bradley over Moore and I really don't know how Moore will do under NBA game pressure but I sure have a thought or two of how Bradley will do.
    Posted by Fiercest34

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Doc has shown the ability to play rookies even though he gets a bad rap for not doing so with every rookie.  Seems that he is high on Moore, almost gushing for Docs standards, and I expect to see him contribute this year.  

this is a highlight reel from one of his games in Italy's Seria a league.  He shows a well rounded game.  The defense will be tougher in the NBA but I think he'll adjust well.  If he can hack the physicality of the league the Celts just may have stolen a contributing player from the second round, again.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

I like that Moore and JJ are both 4 year players. It shows they have some smarts to stay in school that long. They might develop a bit faster and be more ready.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Nothing shy about Moore. The kid can mix it up.

He plays with great VERVE!!! A definite keeper.

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to "Re: E'Twaun Moore Fan Club":
    I like that Moore and JJ are both 4 year players. It shows they have some smarts to stay in school that long. They might develop a bit faster and be more ready. Posted by PierceIsTheTruth
    It wasn't because they were smart. It was because they weren't going to drafted.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I like Moore but JJ needs to go to lunch with Big Baby...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I like Moore but JJ needs to go to lunch with Big Baby...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In Response to Re: E'Twaun Moore Fan Club:
    I've always felt that. for the most part, 4-year guys have the maturity, fundamentals, and basketball IQ to perform better in the NBA than the early entry guys. You know what you're getting with guys like Ryan Gomes and Kevin Love, and of course Moore (& Johnson) from Purdue.
    Posted by henryfinkel

Hank,
    I'm a big Ryan Gomes fan. He was a collegiate first team all american. I also believe that he was the collegiate player of the year for some organizations.
    That being said, he was a borderline first round draft choice, has never been able to handle a starting position given to him in the NBA, and has been by passed on the depth chart to now being 12-15 player range roster filler.
    The NBA is about upside. If Gomes or Moore had some, they would not have lasted 4 years. They stayed four years because they never were able to show an NBA team that the had NBA talent.
    Ryan squeezed into the first round. Moore did not. Did 32 teams miss read him? Or like you say, after 2 preseason games he is going to contribute in the NBA? 
    I agree, you know what you are getting. A borderline NBA player, that should not get minutes on a team that is contending for the playoffs. Celts are getting a practice player that is mature enough to handle it.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In Response to Re: E'Twaun Moore Fan Club : Ryan Gomes Sign in to personalize #15 SF 6' 7", 245 lbs Los Angeles Clippers Born Sep 1, 1982 in Waterbury, CT (Age: 29) Drafted 2005: 2nd Rnd, 20th by BOS College Providence Experience 6 years Sorry, rkarp, you're wrong!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

I am wrong that Ryan was a 2nd rounder, not a first. Am I wrong that he is borderline NBA talent, as is Moore?
    If Moore is lucky, his career will mirror Ryans. Nice career as a fringe guy, able to score one contract that could set him up for life if he is smart (which Ryan is).
    C'mon, to say Moore was smart to stay in school for 4 years like Ryan is a good thing? They both stayed because they were not good enough players (for the NBA, not college) to secure guaranteed contracts. They stayed in hopes of moving into the first round. They didn't. I think that speaks volumes about the talent and the upside of Moore.
    Look, I'm a C's fan. The schedule is murder on the old legs. C's need youth to step up. If they roll a 9-10 man rotation, I dont see Moore in the mix.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In Response to Re: E'Twaun Moore Fan Club : YES, you are.  He was the one guy I didn't want to give up in the KG trade.  He was more polished than Leon Powe.  In 6 years, he's averaged 28.9 mins per game and 10 points!  He played in 61 games as a rookie for a coach "who doesn't play rookies."  Yes, if Moore can do that, I would be very happy!! Posted by Red-16Russ-11
    So Ryan Gomes is not a borderline NBA talent? His per last year was ranked 56 th of all small forwards!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

The problem with Gomes isn't his game, it's his size. He plays a bit bigger than he is, and isn't as fast as the top 3s. He's not an NBA star. But he is a solid NBA player and I'd love to see him back on the Cs bench someday

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

Cut Dooling and make way for the kids. Now past 30, he's a mediocre 2 trying to play the 1 because of his size. No juice, stands and watches a lot. Typical of a veteran of many bad teams. It's like adding a Cub to the Red Sox. They infect everyone with the will to lose. Delonte was a much better player.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

And Moore doesn't wear a stupid headband. That alone raises him in my estimation. God forbid he looks like this:

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In Response to Re: E'Twaun Moore Fan Club : Just to be clear here.  IF after 6 years, we are getting that production out of E'twan Moore, I would be very happy.  Don't care about PER - he has had a very nice career as a non-starter.  He plays in every game, and doesn't hurt you on the court - YEP, I would take that from Moore in  a heartbeat!! Posted by Red-16Russ-11
    Then you need to raise your standards if you wish to compete for a title

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In Response to Re: E'Twaun Moore Fan Club : NOPE - you need to lower your standards for a guy who will never be "Moore" than a bench player. Posted by Red-16Russ-11
    Red, with the C' s age and the schedule as such, they need the bench players to produce. Lowering the standards is unacceptable. I have already stated Moore is the perfect end of bench player. He understands his role, won't complain, and will practice hard. I simply don't see him as getting meaningful minutes if the team expects to compete for the playoffs. I also don't feel that he has the potential to be much than what he already is. You feel otherwise. While you have stated nothing on his skill level or talent, you are of course entitled to an opinion. Of course your opinion is incorrect, but looking at your other posts on the C's, that never seems to have stopped you from posting nonsense before. Enjoy. But when you post, for the sake of others, try to have a clue. Let's mark the discussion, and catch up in April to see who is correct

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater2. Show greeneater2's posts

In Response to Re: E'Twaun Moore Fan Club : NOPE - you need to lower your standards for a guy who will never be "Moore" than a bench player.
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Celtic fans need to lower their expectations about curb level that way they have a hurdle to get over!!  Another repeat of last year where the Celtics old men will have nagging injuries that plague them throughout the year.  The season hasn't even started and Wheelchair Pierce is scheduled to miss the first game after a whole year doing nothing!!!!!  Oh that's right my mistake, he was out gang banging during the off season....my bad.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater2. Show greeneater2's posts

In Response to Re: E'Twaun Moore Fan Club : Merry Christmas, we all know how nervous lakers fans are about their team this year.  koME is hurt, Gasol's feelings are hurt, Bully Bynum is out 4 games, Peace is "leading" the bench (1 for 10 in preseason), and, oh yeah, you have Mike Brown.............................lots of reason to be nervous!!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Well I hope we do stumble a bit before the allstar break and maybe that will light a fire under someone's azz to land Howard.  I'm perfectly fine acquiring Howard to retool for next year. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater2. Show greeneater2's posts

In Response to Re: E'Twaun Moore Fan Club : First of all, you're not getting him.  Secondly, retool?  Explain that one.  IF you get Howard, your starting team will be Blake, koME (and his wrist), Turkoglu, Peace and Howard........great retooling job there!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Wrong!  Since the Lakers are one of the TWO teams on Howard's trade list and we have the assets to make it happen, I like our chances!!
    Secondly, you are not the one making the decisions.  Have a nice day!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater2. Show greeneater2's posts

In Response to Re: E'Twaun Moore Fan Club : There are 3 teams on his list, genius.  AND, ORL will not trade him to the lakers.  They want to KEEP him.  There is much evidence to support this.  Gasol AND Bynum??  That is a great deal.  Why hasn't it happened yet?  Because, and read this very carefully, ORL does not want to trade him to the lakers.  It's payback for Shaq, "Bro".    Assets?  NJ's trade was much better until Lopez got hurt.  No one is going to help your team anymore, those days are over.  Just have to deal with it.  You have the oldest team in the league, and no bench (no LO)
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Sorry Bro!  You and your brothers and sisters from Celtic land can live in fantasy land all you want, Lakers have inside track to landing Howard.  The man has implied it many times.  No other team that is on Howard's preferred list(TWO TEAMS) has the trade chips the Lakers have.  The only reason why the Lakers didn't land CP3 was because of that loudmouth Dan Gilbert(who's burned the Celtics btw) and crybaby Cuban screaming the sky is falling.  Have a nice day!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In Response to Re: E'Twaun Moore Fan Club : I refuse to provide any facts to someone who tells all Ryan Gomes was: 1.  A first round draft pick 2.   A marginal NBA player Gomes has proven his worth as a STEAL in the second round.  I am saying IF we get the same production from Moore we got from Gomes - A SECOND ROUND PICK - then we chose wisely.  See,  apples and apples   - second round pick with second round pick.  I have NO idea what kind of player Moore will be.  I am saying IF he is as good as Gomes (whom you undervalue) then we have done well.  See you in Apri!!!  And not before, please! Posted by Red-16Russ-11
    Red Your funny. Gomes is a steal? Hahaha! And I am a PC alumni and still laughing! I have to keep watching for your uneducated opinions so I can lmao Are you also Heddy Lemar?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

How'd this work out for ya, bro?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

It's called basketball reasons, bro!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from santafesino. Show santafesino's posts

Can ETM defend D-Wade?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In Response to Re: E'Twaun Moore Fan Club : I can tell  you went to PC.  You don't know the difference between You're and your!!  It's YOU'RE funny, Friar!! How many second round picks last 6 years in the league?  Gomes was a second round pick (as a Friar, how humiliating for you to NOT know that), most of them are gone within a couple of years.  Moore MAY be one of those.  On the other hand, every once in a while, a second round pick, like Gomes, comes along and shows he belongs in the league.  Most second round picks are a waste.  Ryan Gomes was a nice find for Danny Ainge.  AND, if Moore can produce in 6 years what Ryan  Gomes has, then he was indeed a steal for the Celtics!! Posted by Red-16Russ-11
    You are Heddy! Is this what real GM is reporting?

Sections
Shortcuts