Evan Turner?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

Evan Turner?

Hmmmm, why would DA be interested in another mediocre SF??

I think the Rockets are going to swoop in and steal Dragic from the Pacers.  Afterwards, DA will get Bird's full attention if Indy is still interested in upgrading the PG with Rondo.  I guess this is where Turner would come in?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

Re: Evan Turner?

Turner is a FA just like Stephenson.

If Indy fails to resign Lance then maybe they take another look at Turner.

The Wolves are kicking the tires on Evan too. That's both Hump and Turner they've showed interest in now.

There's still hope for Ainge!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

The way I see it is either DA stands pat and do nothing or acquires some chips. Doing something is, try to get whatever is left at this moment that could eventually be useful for trades. Stand pat would be total tanking and not even get anything in return. ..Gotta also that Turner has had more meaningful games than Chris Johnson, Babb or both of them together!!! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

If Turner is a trade chip, fine, but as a part of the team, not so much.  Young makes Turner redundant and has more potential, so, again... 

"They don't put Ws and Ls on the paychecks" - Sidney Wicks

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to painter's comment:

If Turner is a trade chip, fine, but as a part of the team, not so much.  Young makes Turner redundant and has more potential, so, again... 

yea but young has not played one single game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

The question is how much?  I think he wants at least AB money which would be out of the question for Ainge, I think.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:

+1

and if Bird won't pay Stephenson maybe he will swap for Turner.

Otherwise Danny's doing a nice job blocking Saunders from just taking what he wants. Maybe we can help or Flip him off!

PS: It would be fun to see Turner in a C's uni after all the Negative Nancy threads by that Fungus Fellow about not acquiring him last season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

Turner made some small strides with the Sixers last year but something has never seemed quite right with this kid.  Sixers were a mess and they let him do whatever he wanted to get his numbers last year in hopes of getting something big for him in a trade which didn't really work either.  Could elevate his game to the next level with a PG like Rondo and coach like Stevens.  Would be worth bringing in if the price is right and Ainge/Stevens see a fit. 

BTW-I think James Young will primarily be D League next year-and that is not a knock against him.  Think C's bring him along slowly .

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

Boston could also engage Indiana on sign-and-trade possibilities, possibly dangling Keith Bogans' nonguaranteed deal (and maybe a second-round pick?) as a way to thank Larry Bird for facilitating a move. The Celtics already have a depth chart topped by Jeff Green, Gerald Wallace, and first-round draft pick James Young, but Turner would be a future-minded addition with the Celtics hoping to harness his full potential at a low-risk price. Ultimately, the market will dictate Boston's interest, as the Celtics might only be interested at a bargain-basement price. Let's not forget that Turner is not renowned for his defensive abilities and struggled to consistently aid a playoff team last season. -- Forsberg

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Turner would have to do a 180 ala Gerald Green before I would want anything to do with him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

Turner would have to do a 180 ala Gerald Green before I would want anything to do with him.

+10!!    This kid caused major headaches in Indiana.   He got into a fight with teammates during the playoffs at practice, is the one that Hibbert was talking about in terms of selfish, and doesn't pass the ball.  This kid is a walking time bomb.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Did I miss something?  

As far as I know Dragic plays for Phoenix, not the Pacers.   With Dragic, Bledsoe and now Thomas on the roster, I wouldn't be surprised if the Suns moved one of them (which will further hurt Danny's ability to trade Rondo).

I look at Turner as more of a big SG and not a SF.  But he would add value to the Celtics especially if Green is traded because we have no other SF (disrespect for Wallace intentional).  

Young will likely need at least half the season to develop before he sees any meaningful minutes.  Probably be shuttled back and forth from D League.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Nah

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

There were also reports about the Celtics being interested in Isaiah Thomas, Jordan Hill, and Kent Bazemore, right?

http://www.csnne.com/blog/celtics-talk/report-celtics-showing-interest-evan-turner

He's still young and would come cheaper than Jeff Green, if Boston were to get rid of his salary somehow.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Did I miss something?  

As far as I know Dragic plays for Phoenix, not the Pacers.   With Dragic, Bledsoe and now Thomas on the roster, I wouldn't be surprised if the Suns moved one of them (which will further hurt Danny's ability to trade Rondo).

I look at Turner as more of a big SG and not a SF.  But he would add value to the Celtics especially if Green is traded because we have no other SF (disrespect for Wallace intentional).  

Young will likely need at least half the season to develop before he sees any meaningful minutes.  Probably be shuttled back and forth from D League.  

Pardon me, El Guapo. When I suggested that the Rockettes would swoop in and steal Dragic from Indy it's because everyone and their grand ma-ma knows how desperately Indy wants Dragic.  And Dragic's been boxed up and waiting for them ever since the IT2 deal.  I wasn't trying to say that Indy already had him, or that Hou was conspiring to kidnap him- so don't worry.

The question is: Is DA interested in Evan Turner because the Wolves like him?  And that DA hopes that including Evan Turner in a deal could finally land us Love?  OR, has DA found a suitor for Jeff Green? 

I'm dying to see how things shake out with Lance Stephenson.  If Lance leaves Indy for more money (possibly Charlotte), would Indy be interested in a Rondo/Jeff Green deal?  Seems like trade talk between PHX and Indy is officially dead.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

"DA hopes that including Evan Turner in a deal could finally land us Love?"

That's not possible because if the Celts sign Turner, they can't trade him immediately.

So a scenario where the Celts sign Turner and immediately ship to Minny is not possible.

And I don't think Ainge is willing to sign Turner to a multi-year deal if there's no guarantee the Wolves would trade for Turner in the future.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

I just checked.

Both Celtics and Wolves only have the MLE to offer Turner.

So the Wolves can outright sign Turner for the MLE.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to MitchUnderpants' comment:

Hmmmm, why would DA be interested in another mediocre SF??

I think the Rockets are going to swoop in and steal Dragic from the Pacers.  Afterwards, DA will get Bird's full attention if Indy is still interested in upgrading the PG with Rondo.  I guess this is where Turner would come in?

If he can be had for a one year deal on the cheap, why not? If he works out DA could deal him mid season.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to CubanPete's comment:

If he can be had for a one year deal on the cheap, why not? If he works out DA could deal him mid season.

Cheap one year deals don't work because there's a risk the player gets injured.

Once injured, teams might not even offer a contract.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I can't believe CSNNE says we're talking to Turner. Turner has some game but he's a knuckle head, he just doesn't get it. He went from the outhouse to the penthouse last year and what did he do alienate himself from the whole team. I stand by my first statement.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DomFeroce. Show DomFeroce's posts

In response to painter's comment: Actually, Curtis Rowe said that, not Wicks.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to DomFeroce's comment:

He can't end up a trade chip if the Celts sign him and just let him sit on the bench.

Celts have Jeff Green getting 30 minutes per game at SF.

There's also Gerald Wallace.

And James Young, like you said, makes Turner redundant.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:

True, of course, but Young has played big in big games as a very young player, so potentially, (what's that worth?) his upside is "upper" than Turner's in my mind and to my eye. Turner in Philly was awful and in Indy he was worse. I'd rather see Young given the chance, D League stint(s) or not. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to FierceBrand's comment:

Cheap one year deals don't work because there's a risk the player gets injured.

Once injured, teams might not even offer a contract.

He'll be gone in a year, minimizing the risk.

I looked up Turner's numbers. His shooting is terrible from the perimeter, can't finish, and makes too many turnovers. That said, he's a excellent defensive rebounder for a wing. His steals and blocks are mediocre, but he's not a bad defensive player. He can pass. If he can improve his D and come down on the turnovers, he could have value.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

He'll be gone in a year, minimizing the risk.

I looked up Turner's numbers. His shooting is terrible from the perimeter, can't finish, and makes too many turnovers. That said, he's a excellent defensive rebounder for a wing. His steals and blocks are mediocre, but he's not a bad defensive player. He can pass. If he can improve his D and come down on the turnovers, he could have value.

Exactly my point.

What if he gets injured in that one year?

It's too risky on his part.

Established players are usually the ones who settle for 1 year deals.

I don't see Turner settling for a 1 year deal.

Sections
Shortcuts